The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 21:57:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350738 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  Pictures of volksworld show ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pictures of volksworld show ?  (Read 12417 times)
Udo

« on: March 27, 2011, 18:48:54 pm »

Anybody have pictures Huh

Udo

vwcab

peter

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 19:31:42 pm »

Saw on "facebook" that the CSP-drag Ghia took best of show.It looks stunning in the new colors,
 Wink

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Ole

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 19:32:15 pm »

Hi Udo,

try this link:

http://www.tuningclub-zillertal.com/fileadmin/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33864

Saludos,
Ole

no cerveza?
no trabajo!
sparkieben

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 20:15:44 pm »

RLR car looked stunning in the flesh there are some very nice details,the matt black vinyl wraps have csp etched into them which you cant make out in the photos,I was surprised how much smaller it looked in the flesh also as i have only seen it in photos and film.
Rich99

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 21:15:33 pm »

Had a few problems with the sizes so there may not be any attachments...

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Rich99

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 21:21:10 pm »

awesome looking machine although perhaps not one to drive through the potholes and speedbumps of Portsmouth....
Rich99

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 21:29:18 pm »

Other than the CSP race car, probably my favourite of the show; other than in the club stands and car park....
Rich99

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 21:33:14 pm »

the others aren't really cal-look but can post some more if anyone wants some general VW shots...
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 21:37:56 pm »

i've just came back from volkworld show , for me there was nothing exceptional , except the CSP karmann

pictures will follow this week

fabs  Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Neil Davies

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 21:58:40 pm »

i've just came back from volkworld show , for me there was nothing exceptional , except the CSP karmann

pictures will follow this week

fabs  Wink

Glad you got back safe Fabs, good to meet you at last! Smiley Looked through my photos and most of them were race cars or cal lookers! None worth posting though - my photography skills are limited, to say the least!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
svein

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 23:47:26 pm »

Pictuers her:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=59018&id=100000058301462&fbid=210442925634316
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 23:51:00 pm by svein » Logged

Vw 1960 Rag. 2332ccm Engine.
201 m = 8,063@136,42km/t.  402m = 12,808@165,77 km
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 06:08:53 am »

No compromise and csp race cars the best, martins oval cab was amazing.  Downstairs was disappointing.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
beatnik beetle

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 08:10:53 am »

Sparkie Ben...there are no vinyl wraps on the CSP car..just pure paint!
Tim C

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 09:01:21 am »

No compromise and csp race cars the best, martins oval cab was amazing.  Downstairs was disappointing.

Not enough Empi tat or smooth dashes for your liking Lids?  Tongue

Well done to Heydon (black 67) and Chris (burgundy 54) who won Top 20 awards.  Cool

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:08:04 am by Tim C » Logged

JG54 Greenhearts
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 09:57:17 am »

No, just nothing new in terms of ideas.  I expect good paint, good interior, nicely detailed motor etc etc, but either i wasn't looking hard enough, or couldn't spot that little bit of personality that sets a car apart.  I must admit trying to keep my son from touching the cars occupied most of my time!  Very formulaic!

LuftsickTero

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 10:30:26 am »

No compromise and csp race cars the best, martins oval cab was amazing.  Downstairs was disappointing.

Not enough Empi tat or smooth dashes for your liking Lids?  Tongue

Well done to Heydon (black 67) and Chris (burgundy 54) who won Top 20 awards.  Cool

I really liked Chris' car, liked it in it's earlier version too  Cool Although Martin's Vert was the best of show for me.

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Ragtop

8.93 at SCC 2012

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 11:12:10 am »

The CSP Ghia takes it to a new level!! Good job guys!

Turbo Town "Home of the overboost addicts"
Georg/DFL

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 15:43:55 pm »

RLR car looked stunning in the flesh there are some very nice details,the matt black vinyl wraps have csp etched into them which you cant make out in the photos,I was surprised how much smaller it looked in the flesh also as i have only seen it in photos and film.

You can read the story of the new paint job and how they did it at Paintbox and Prosign at the CSP Facebook site. You just have to klick "I like" and then you'll be able to see the studio photos and read the story of the car if you go to "Drag Racer" in the left side menu. It's amazing! Paintbox and Prosign did a fantastic job!

http://www.facebook.com/customspeedparts

Cal Look is not a crime
http://www.dflvwclub.de
"Happiness is a hot VW" - in memory of SOB
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
too old for this

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 22:12:49 pm »

No, just nothing new in terms of ideas.  I expect good paint, good interior, nicely detailed motor etc etc, but either i wasn't looking hard enough, or couldn't spot that little bit of personality that sets a car apart.  I must admit trying to keep my son from touching the cars occupied most of my time!  Very formulaic!
Good thing they rely on people like Steve Gilbert (one on one restorations)to judge and not you Mike,or we could end up awarding the top twenty spots to something REALLY personal like ..say an earlied up late looker with a filled dash and a bunch of  plaques.Im sure the guys who sweated long and hard on those cars downstairs really appreciate the support,did you LOOK at jonny griggs racer?Col's late cab?the orange european late looker?Haydon spending dollar on genny berms to get the car as near to *representing* as he can?Chris's totally reworked oval?Formulaic?err thats the whole point Lids,inadvertantly,with your unerring knack for the malapropism you have pointed to exactly what WAS there ,formula,nice word that works for what these guys are striving for,the formula,Cal Look.

JG54
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 22:16:55 pm »

i 've just post some pictures on, this topic

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 06:43:30 am »

No, just nothing new in terms of ideas.  I expect good paint, good interior, nicely detailed motor etc etc, but either i wasn't looking hard enough, or couldn't spot that little bit of personality that sets a car apart.  I must admit trying to keep my son from touching the cars occupied most of my time!  Very formulaic!
Good thing they rely on people like Steve Gilbert (one on one restorations)to judge and not you Mike,or we could end up awarding the top twenty spots to something REALLY personal like ..say an earlied up late looker with a filled dash and a bunch of  plaques.Im sure the guys who sweated long and hard on those cars downstairs really appreciate the support,did you LOOK at jonny griggs racer?Col's late cab?the orange european late looker?Haydon spending dollar on genny berms to get the car as near to *representing* as he can?Chris's totally reworked oval?Formulaic?err thats the whole point Lids,inadvertantly,with your unerring knack for the malapropism you have pointed to exactly what WAS there ,formula,nice word that works for what these guys are striving for,the formula,Cal Look.

Alex, I think you misunderstand what i posted, if you scan up, you will see my reference to Griggs car, but also you will read that i didn't have the time to study them in depth.  All the cars were very nicely done, and no i didn't spot the brms, but then the way the car was shown made it very difficult.  Crammed in with all the other lookers.  I'm not slagging of any of the cars, last years show on the whole was better, my opinion.  Trying to get personal about my car etc isn't nice as i haven't been personal in this thread, other than to say which cars stood out for me.

and been formulaic is the point, I truly believe that each car should have something a little different that sets it apart, and not a different colour paint job!  otherwise it will be stagnant and the scene won't hold peoples interest.  It doesn't have to be much, just a different way of routing the fuel lines in the engine bay , the choice of steering wheel, what colour to do the IDA'setc.  These differences make the talking points, and will then put people into the love or hate category.

If i could have any of the cars downstairs i would, but.... this was a car show and the best out there.  If you stuck your car in the mix it would still probably win something (rightly so), does this mean the new cars haven't managed to surpass your cars standards and ideas!!!  You know when we next meet we will have a good laugh etc, and you and i know how posting on a forum can be misinterpreted.  Don't interpret my post as a hater post it isn't, it just wasn't a I love it OMG post.  I also think the interior lightening and crampness of the show doesn't help show them off to their best
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:04:31 am by Lids » Logged

too old for this

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 09:07:45 am »

The lay out is a sign of the times Lids,like the demise of the Cal look issue,market forces dictate the displays,unfortunately the powers that be dictate that the magazine and show represent where the dollar is being spent,we all know that is busses ::)Ivan and co fight hard to give us some space ....against a relentless push by the publisher to be "on trend"i.e campers sell,therefore space sells to the vendors,both in the show and in the magazine.This in turn makes it even more important to use the space available to show the best that can be shown,and when one of "our own" stalwarts is negative,it makes the enormous effort seem somehow diminished.I take your points about the show and lighting and the reply makes your objections a little more clear,in all honesty,I love my car,but it is probably a little too personal,and to the purists,a little off the mark,the cars there were much nearer the true ethos.Like you say open to misinterpretation,and now the response seems more measured and plausible....and palatable.

Oh......and being rude about the garage looker,it's not personal it's the law (same as your howls of derision at my spectacularly varied track side skills Grin) ......until you get the bloody engine in it and get it to EBI ;)See you soon.

JG54
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 10:30:57 am »

I have been promised my engine will be done for the summer, and i hope this will cause a stir as I am havings things done, as well.....just because!

BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 11:16:33 am »

The T2`s on the pictures looks like they could have joined a Reliant Robin show.

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
too old for this

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 13:25:17 pm »

I have been promised my engine will be done for the summer, and i hope this will cause a stir as I am havings things done, as well.....just because!
Good......you may have forgotten,because it has been a very long time....but a type 1 motor will fit in the back of a beetle,apparently it's only four bolts or so I am told :Pgo mad ,just for shits and giggles,slide it in and give it a go,you just might get out of the garage Wink

JG54
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 19:09:03 pm »

The T2`s on the pictures looks like they could have joined a Reliant Robin show.

I call it the "Winnebago Look"

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Prowagen

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 21:08:14 pm »

There are a few photos over on the Prowagen Facebook Fan Page, we popped along on the Saturday.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Prowagen-Per4mance/74197816222
Jonny Grigg

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2011, 22:05:09 pm »

awesome looking machine although perhaps not one to drive through the potholes and speedbumps of Portsmouth....

Thanks for uploading the picture of my car- you are right, it doesn't do bumps too well!

I am glad you guys like it. Hopefully it'll be at the track soon...  Wink

No Compromise. O/FF111
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: