The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:31:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  JPM head/TF1 case build and car mods for Hot rod drag week 2019 in Old cabrio
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: JPM head/TF1 case build and car mods for Hot rod drag week 2019 in Old cabrio  (Read 250169 times)
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2009, 14:26:26 pm »

The missing link arrived today,the JPM 5 bolt rocker set up

Thankyou Johannes,now I can get the motor in the car and see what it does Grin

cheers richie

Very Impressif Richie, very Cool, can't wait to see or hear what it will do this Year....!!!

See you,

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
Rasser

« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2009, 19:22:56 pm »

Richie: the AN fitting in the sump, is that the oil return from the Turbo?

For a good time, call:    1-800-Cal-look
1955 type1
1966 type2 13w deluxe
richie

« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2009, 19:32:02 pm »

No its the oil return from the filter,the filter head has a pressure valve in it that replaces the ones in the case and only supplies the engine with what it needs,any excess pressure[or oil] just goes straight back to the sump where its needed most,the turbo oil return will go into the type 3 dipstick block off plate as its then above the oil level with no restriction Smiley

cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Rasser

« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2009, 23:01:43 pm »

No its the oil return from the filter,the filter head has a pressure valve in it that replaces the ones in the case and only supplies the engine with what it needs,any excess pressure[or oil] just goes straight back to the sump where its needed most,the turbo oil return will go into the type 3 dipstick block off plate as its then above the oil level with no restriction Smiley

cheers richie

Aaah - Nice setup with external pressure valve directly in the filter mount, and then drained to the sump!
You allready answered my next question, by telling me that the oil return from the hairdryer is going in ABOVE the oil level :-)

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 22:46:21 pm by Rasser » Logged

For a good time, call:    1-800-Cal-look
1955 type1
1966 type2 13w deluxe
airstuff

« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2009, 12:11:20 pm »

amazing Smiley
richie

« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2009, 05:37:49 am »

Well it has been a while,due to the lbs/cubic inch rule here in the class I have been racing in this engine got put to one side to concentrate on my 2332,now with the season over I have got the 4inch bore engine back out again to finish it and get it running.
I have finished the header and trimmed the car a little more to make getting it in and out easier,i have to redo some intake pipes and move the chargecooler then it should be ready to start.
Hopefully sometime next week.Then to the dyno to see what it will do Smiley

cheers richie,uk

Neil Davies

« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2009, 09:24:53 am »

Well it has been a while,due to the lbs/cubic inch rule here in the class I have been racing in this engine got put to one side to concentrate on my 2332,now with the season over I have got the 4inch bore engine back out again to finish it and get it running.
I have finished the header and trimmed the car a little more to make getting it in and out easier,i have to redo some intake pipes and move the chargecooler then it should be ready to start.
Hopefully sometime next week.Then to the dyno to see what it will do Smiley

cheers richie,uk

Surely with your car being heavier than anything else you could run a bigger engine? Wink Cheesy  Really looking forward to seeing your car with the big motor. Are you doing any other changes to the car, or keeping it all as is?

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
richie

« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2009, 03:57:33 am »

Well got some more done today,still got a few pipes to move or redo but its getting close Smiley

58vw

« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2009, 04:02:48 am »

lookin good Grin

www.4inbore.com
Angleflows...order them now
richie

« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2009, 04:04:41 am »

And then in Smiley

Patte

« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2009, 08:32:17 am »

Sweeeeet Grin

nicolas

« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2009, 08:36:26 am »

but the question is will it fit in a fastback??? i think Patte will agree?  Tongue
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2009, 10:02:32 am »

Shocked

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2009, 11:03:07 am »

It'll never run – you've left the Kadrons and the 009 off...

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Airspeed

« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2009, 20:16:28 pm »

Well got some more done today,still got a few pipes to move or redo but its getting close Smiley
Richie,
Looking at your header design/lengths, I take it you believe an equal length header is also better for a turbo engine?

Tnx,
Walter

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
10.58 @ 130 mph (2/9/2022 Santa Pod)
richie

« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2009, 20:42:28 pm »

Richie,
Looking at your header design/lengths, I take it you believe an equal length header is also better for a turbo engine?

Tnx,
Walter

Hi Walter

I have tried too,
it is difficult to fit it in the car and to make numbers 1&3 be anywhere as long as 2&4,I made the one for my 2332 I have been running very similarly and it seems to work ok Smiley

cheers richie,uk

kev d

« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2009, 21:02:38 pm »

Reckon you'll get it built & dyno'd before coming back home?
Looks good Cool
Cheers,
Kev

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
richie

« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2009, 22:15:09 pm »

Looks good Cool
Cheers,
Kev

Hi Kev,was thinking the other day how you have been quiet recently,must have been working to hard Cheesy

That is the idea,to get it finished and dynoed and some miles on it before I am back,
I only have 4 days here next year before the first race so got to get everythin sorted before

cheers richie,uk

kev d

« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2009, 22:26:09 pm »

I don`t look at it as work mate, I`m helping fund world domination of old vw gassers Wink
Off to Korea tomorow, seeya xmass time Grin
Cheers,
Kev

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
richie

« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2009, 02:44:54 am »

Well I did the exhaust today complete with muffler,also got most of the boost piping done,got one to weld up still and a pipe to add for the blow off valve,I had to move the chargecooler and plumbing to fit everything in so a couple more hoses to redo.Hopefully I will get all the oil lines and turbo oil return finished tommorow and see what else needs changing,but it is getting close now Smiley

cheers richie,uk

Fiatdude

« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2009, 07:30:49 am »

Looking very nice and giving me some wicked ideas for my '56

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Airspeed

« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2009, 15:10:21 pm »

Thanks for your reply before  Wink
also this is the turbo I will be using,its a Turbonetics t72

cheers richie,uk
Richie,
See you have also changed turbos? The picture above is a Garrett right? What type and what considerations to change from the original plans?

Tnx,
Walter

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
richie

« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2009, 19:43:13 pm »

Thanks for your reply before  Wink
also this is the turbo I will be using,its a Turbonetics t72

cheers richie,uk
Richie,
See you have also changed turbos? The picture above is a Garrett right? What type and what considerations to change from the original plans?

Tnx,
Walter

Well I am not really sure,sometime over the summer I changedmy mind Wink  Yes it is a garrett.

cheers richie,uk

Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2009, 22:01:16 pm »

Looks good Cool
Cheers,
Kev

Hi Kev,was thinking the other day how you have been quiet recently,must have been working to hard Cheesy

That is the idea,to get it finished and dynoed and some miles on it before I am back,
I only have 4 days here next year before the first race so got to get everythin sorted before

cheers richie,uk

Does this mean you are bringing the car back to UK next year?

Excited to see how the new engine performs, looking good Smiley

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
richie

« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2009, 01:17:50 am »

Looks good Cool
Cheers,
Kev

cheers richie,uk

Hi Oyvind,no not in the forseeable future,with a race every other weekend here it is to much fun to bring it back and only have a couple of decent races per year to attend.I am planning on bringing a car to race at SCC this year,its not quite the same just helping others race, but that will be the only one in europe I think I will do in 2010 so it better be good Grin

Walter thining about the turbo thing some more,the problem with taking to much time getting something finished and running is that your brain has more ideas and more options and improvements become available,I have to get this finished and running now as I already have version 2 in my head Shocked Cheesy

cheers richie,uk

JS

« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2009, 08:07:13 am »

.I am planning on bringing a car to race at SCC this year,its not quite the same just helping others race, but that will be the only one in europe I think I will do in 2010 so it better be good Grin

cheers richie,uk

IŽll put the kettle on.  Grin

Signature.
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2009, 16:55:03 pm »

Looks good Cool
Cheers,
Kev

cheers richie,uk

Hi Oyvind,no not in the forseeable future,with a race every other weekend here it is to much fun to bring it back and only have a couple of decent races per year to attend.I am planning on bringing a car to race at SCC this year,its not quite the same just helping others race, but that will be the only one in europe I think I will do in 2010 so it better be good Grin

Walter thining about the turbo thing some more,the problem with taking to much time getting something finished and running is that your brain has more ideas and more options and improvements become available,I have to get this finished and running now as I already have version 2 in my head Shocked Cheesy

cheers richie,uk

Nice!  Grin
Hope it`s turbo powered and does Richie-wheelies then. We`ll have the track ready for you!

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
Airspeed

« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2009, 22:32:14 pm »

cheers richie,uk
Yeah, know what you mean. My engine is just (dyno'd last week) running really good as well (in my case 'just' 350 hp  Grin) and I also have already new ideas and even bought parts for an upgrade while I have not even ran it with this newly found power...

But don't be shy, what GTxxR is it? 40, 42 or worse?  Roll Eyes

Fiatdude

« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2009, 00:04:04 am »

Richie -- How are you firing the injectors since you are running 2 per cylinder?Huh? Thanks Harold

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
richie

« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2009, 02:38:03 am »

Richie -- How are you firing the injectors since you are running 2 per cylinder?Huh? Thanks Harold
Harold,
first set of 4 as required,then the 2nd set either over 85% throttle,10000 rpm[these 2 settings are adjustable in ecu mapping]
 or when the 1st set get to 50% duty cycle the 2nd set kick in

cheers richie,uk

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: