The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:09:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350757 Posts in 28587 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Other vehicles you have or used to have... anything goes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Other vehicles you have or used to have... anything goes  (Read 36059 times)
vwcab

peter

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 00:20:34 am »

Cool cars Dustin,especially that raised GMC and the Nova.

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Dustin

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 01:04:38 am »

The Unimog is my favorite so far.   Grin Grin

I second that!!  Grin Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers III
www.dkpcarclub.com

'69 Tangerine Orange Karmann Ghia- In progress
'66 Marina blue Chevy II Nova Hardtop- Project mothballed
Christoph

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 01:13:11 am »

my fleet of cars, more or less driveable:

my driver a ´54

current project a ´60 ragtop

future project when i have more time and money, a ´29 roadster pick up (only have the body)

Dustin

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 06:42:02 am »

I'm feelin' the vision for the 29 Roadster  Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers III
www.dkpcarclub.com

low oval
DKK

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 10:38:25 am »

Here are my current vehicles,
my daily driver,

my lifetime project.

my other daily driver, 69 elky with a 327

63 karmann ghia, future project and current vw event vehicle. 

67 nova wagon with a 383 and 700R4 tranny.

"and that's when the cops showed up"
Dustin

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 03:54:45 am »

Here are my current vehicles,
my daily driver,
Very nice Corral!! Sweet wagon!!

Der Kleiner Panzers III
www.dkpcarclub.com

John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 05:21:35 am »

Here's mine.

I also park at Nick's.
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 05:41:28 am »

Here's mine.

Mr. Wheeler rides again!!

Good one John...

~DR.
Dustin

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2009, 05:48:54 am »

Here's mine.
Was John that kid on the block that had all the coolest stuff?

Der Kleiner Panzers III
www.dkpcarclub.com

Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2009, 05:54:19 am »

Here's some more from the fleet...

1968 VW Burro. I bought this car off the original owner/builder back in the early 90's... 1968cc, single Zenith, typeII rear torsion w/reduction boxes, original "Orange County Burros" club sticker on the hood... it's a little rough around the edges, but it's tons of fun and gets used ALOT!

1947 Chevrolet Fleetmaster... I tried to buy this car 20 years ago back when it was in much better condition, but it was not for sale... fast forward to 2006, my buddy calls me over to see the old Chevy he just bought... The PO passed away, the car changed hands a few times, my buddy ends up with it and then sells it to me. I'll hot rod it at some point AFTER my Oval is running, but the car is fun to drive around as-is.
Oh yeah, it has genuine A-1 exhaust on it (Split manifold and dual pipes by Manny) Wink

~DR.
58vw

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 01:07:48 am »

there is good one.....i remember u towing johnnys ghia (brut force) to the car show with that nissan/datsun/porshe truck...damn were old

www.4inbore.com
Angleflows...order them now
DKKBRIAN
DKK

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2009, 04:05:07 am »

WE DID ALOT OF STUPID THINGS WHEN WE WERE YOUNG! LOOKED COOL  Grin

DUH..WINNING !
Tobias Bylund

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2009, 17:57:21 pm »

My old ricer!   Grin

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Tommi Mäkinen Edition, 360hp, 19" Superleggera wheels, full Öhlins coil-over suspension. Miss that car everyday!! Best handling car ive ever driven, period!

Jim Ratto

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2009, 17:17:31 pm »

other cars I have owned or currently own?

1967 Convertible Bug Narrow Eye Baja burnt orange (no I didn't do the Baja Job to the car, so take it easy!), 1641 single port, stock carb, sold to my girlfriend in 1989, she sold it to Sheep..so on and so on. Hot boxed that car I don't know how many times.

1970 VW Bus (The Scab) blood-clot red, with white roof, 1679cc single port, stock carb, S&S Rally Muffler 4 tip. Drove it everywhere, got it stuck in sand 3 times in one night @ Pismo, seen UFO's in Taft with it, jumped it going into Long's parking lot next to Buggy House, leaving battery in the street.

1971 Westfalia (white). Bought this off a friend, had a 1776 with allthe wrong stuff in it when I bought it put the 1679 from Scab in it, but with 041 heads and Kadrons. Fast for a bus. Lots of storage inside for odds and ends and a very cool air horn that used to scare people something silly.

1981 Fiat X19 dark green: say what you will about owning a driving a Fiat, but I put 77,000 miles on it in one year, with only a few setbacks....  a blown radiator hose.... a flat tire resulting from the car rolling down across a highway and into a ditch (e brake was weak) from a 7-11 in Angel's Camp, and it would overhat the motor when you turned the wipers on, but that was only towards the very end. Nothing RAIN X and elbow grease couldn't fix.

1985 Wasserboxer Vanagon, silver/blue interior. One of my favorites, stock 1900cc did alright. When I first bought it, I put 10,000 miles on it in a month, traveling to South Calif, Death Valley, and back and forth between Bay Area and Quincy CA twice a week. All in a month. This poor car met its end in a fireball on First St in Livermore one Sunday. Very sad.

1990 Jetta silver. Biggest pile of crap ever driven. Everything you want to say bad about the Fiat really deserves to be directed at this piece of junk.

1999 Ford Ranger 2.5L white  Basic Pickup Truck. Ray Schubert used to laugh and say "that truck should have a bar code on the side it is so generic" As plain as it was, it was a fun car.

2002 Subaru WRX WR Blue, aside from my Bug, has to be my all time favorite car, hands down. Did everything very well, went like hell, stuck like glue, stopped on a dime, sounded good, comfortable and tough as nails. Lots of trips everywhere on pavement and otherwise. Nothing could stop that car, except me rear ending a To#¤ta Tundra with a tow ball. Killed the WRX. Stupid me.

Current cars...
2006 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 Turbo, midnight blue. A real sleeper. Funny how many guys you can pick off either on a backroad or at stoplight dragstrip in this car. High 13sec 1/4 I think. Too quiet for me. but very comfortable and sticks like a leech. Probably never get rid of it. 95% as much fun as the WRX was.

2007 Honda Accord V6 EX (wife's car) graphite grey. it's an appliance really, with 240hp. Safe and reliable.

1984 Alfa GTV6 Maratona, orig silver, black leather interior. A project shared between my dad and I and eventually my son Lucas. I've always lusted after a GTV6 since I was 12 years old or so and we found a nice example a few weeks ago at an ok price. Car is clean and sound, with very few issues for a 25 yr old Italian car. Want to find some Ronal A1 wheels for it, which for the GTV6, are like BRMs for VW Bugs.

and my blue '67 Bug,
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2009, 19:42:12 pm »

My new Tractor. 2.5 TDI.(+Chip). Discs and Yellow koni's on all corners. This thing hauls ass !!
When we drove home, my friend with his 2ltr Scirocco and short gearbox couldn''t keep up on the Autobahn. (torque-wise)
( i will loose the plastic on the body though)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 19:52:54 pm by FDK/Hurry » Logged

Done ? Not Yet.
Cornpanzer

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2009, 17:03:29 pm »

other cars I have owned or currently own?

1984 Alfa GTV6 Maratona, orig silver, black leather interior. A project shared between my dad and I and eventually my son Lucas. I've always lusted after a GTV6 since I was 12 years old or so and we found a nice example a few weeks ago at an ok price. Car is clean and sound, with very few issues for a 25 yr old Italian car. Want to find some Ronal A1 wheels for it, which for the GTV6, are like BRMs for VW Bugs.

Cool!  Cant be a car guy without owning an Alfa at some point, right?  Someday I will have a GTV replica.

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Cornpanzer

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2009, 17:16:52 pm »

Cant find any pics of my old 63 Riv on Americans, but here is my '70 911S.  Currently building a 2.8 liter short-stroke twin-plug motor for her.

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Todi

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2009, 18:19:49 pm »

My other car and at the same time work
low oval
DKK

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2009, 18:40:40 pm »

Cant find any pics of my old 63 Riv on Americans, but here is my '70 911S.  Currently building a 2.8 liter short-stroke twin-plug motor for her.

cool photo

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2009, 19:28:55 pm »

I echo what Low Oval posted about your car, Cornpanzer... WHAT A CAR! Don't ever sell that work of art. I've been wanting an early 911 since I was a kid. Should have bought one when they were cheap in the '80s & '90s. I'll always regret that. They're sky high, these days.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
WhiteTrash

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2009, 22:18:20 pm »

Finally scanned some of my old rides

My very first car. 1981 Olds Cutlass Cruiser. 305cui SBC. 6 seats and large boot. Bought it 4 days after passing my test, whilst my buddies were driving around in shitboxes or souped up hot hatches. I couldn't even park it outside the college in Berlin so had to leave it in the teachers car park, but no one ever said anything, cause they didn't think it was an apprentices car. Sadly got t-boned after 3 months by some twat in a GTi. If I had owned a bug then I don't think I’d be around anymore.

That's what the GTi looked like...

Then bought another one which needed some work and made one out of the two. A thing which would repeat itself to this day in my car life. Roll Eyes
1979 Olds Cutlass Cruiser 305cui SBC. Oh I had some fun in this thing...

I then part ext it for my 1972 Olds cutlass S 350cui. Got it as a project and put it on the road to smoke around. Eventually took it with me when I move to the UK and restored it whilst at the restoration garage. It got me into drag racing myself not just spectating anymore.
Pre restoration at the 3rd Mopar Nats at Santa Pod

Post Restoration now with 455cui Olds Big Block.... the tires never stood a chance Grin

Had to sell it when the garage went bust, sad day, otherwise I’d now be racing this as it was an evolving project.

The rest are not in order of ownership.
A couple of cars which non UK residents may not be familiar with and I had in between and as side “entertainment” apart from the string of Mk1 and Mk2 Golfs including GTi's and 16V’s and all sorts of Beetles including a '70 with targa roofs and suicide doors.

1964 Ford 105E Anglia 1500GT pre x-flow. Actually bought 3 and made this one which was still a rust bucket and got sold aside the hundreds of parts. Some I kept for a later project...

1973 Vauxhall Viva HC 1256cc. Again I had a blue '71 before which I drove to Berlin and back to Bournemouth once 1300miles round trip and a red '72 which was for spares with the gold one.

Also had a Viva HA Van Ex GPO which I wanted to put a 16V GSi engine and 5 speed Manta Box in, but broke it for parts eventually as I realised I haven't got the time.

1990 Alfa Romeo 164 3.0 V6 nice cruiser but when the ABS started to play up and not even the Alfa Dealer could help it got sold. No picture but most know what they look like

Bought this as an unfinished Body and chassis and basically build it with all the parts I had in my workshop including leftover paint from the Olds.
'27 T Roadster with 1500GT pre x-flow from the Anglia spares and 2000E 4 speed, 13" Viva front wheels (from the red spares car) and 14" Volvo rims with Good Year F-40 cross plies. What a bucket of fun in the wet...

My favorite out of all the other Bugs I had apart from the ’67 now.
1960 1600TP with 1500 box and the most solid RHD Bug I owned. Some of the bolt on bits like pop outs, fog lights etc came from a scrap ’59 which I got in part ex for a MK1 Golf GTi.

Then I made this out of the scrap ’59 in 6 months after seeing a couple of pictures of a basket case pick up someone made and thought I can build something like it but better. The whole floor and body was moved back 6” on the chassis/tunnel. Stock Type 3 1600TP with twin Solex under the bed. The rest again made from parts kicking around in the workshop and swapping around. The car is still regularly driven around the area by the guy who bought it of me. He also owns a trike with an actual Beetle body back end including roof. It’s not just me…

My ’69 Bay, again bought as a project, done up, used for a little while and sold. 1600TP full flow oil system and 2 litre box for cruising at 75mph all day.

And last two cars which where part owned and build by me and buddies.
’29 Ford Model A Sedan, Rodshop body (Dave Palmer of now Creative Engineering)
3.5l Rover V8 with Holley bucket, Box section chassis with Jaguar S-type rear and dropped I-beam in RHD on Cragars. Driven to Le Mans 2002

Then my mate hit a lamppost leaving a roundabout on a damp new years day cruise and bend the chassis, but the body was unharmed. Rebuild in 5 months on tweaked ’32 B rails now with narrowed Chevy 10 bolt rear in LHD on Torque Thrust II’s. Driven to Le Mans 2004

1967 Mercedes Benz 250SE. Car was beaten up but very solid so we used a totally rotten but low mileage ’71 280S which had been left as a donor for all the trim/chrome and interior and made one nice one. Again two into one. And spares got sold off on eBay for funds. Drove it all the way to Switzerland and around France. It got sold and paid for my ’67 now.

HOFF#67

Lotus White '67's are the best!!!
low oval
DKK

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2009, 22:50:50 pm »

very cool collection, gotta love that good ol american iron.
jim

Luftkraft

You know Gil Gonzales?

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2009, 23:20:27 pm »

Ok, here we go with my non-VW-car-history... Starting with something scandinavian

1993 Saab 900 S LPT (low pressure turbo, for the Saab-newbies :-)). My first "real" daily driver, as I never had to have one, cos I either took my girlfriend's car or used public transport. Loved that Saab, low mileage, one-owner car, great condition, several trips to Italy, lots of memories... Still love it and wish I still had it... But I had to sell it, to buy THIS:

1963 Chevy Bel Air 4dr Sedan. Even if it only had an 230c.i. inline six with a 3-speed (three on the tree), it was a great cruiser... and it was my first american car. I really loved it, spent too much money on it, but it was worth it, cruised all around Switzerland, to Austria, Germany... Good times. Originally, I had planned to use it as a daily driver, but well... I felt bad using it in the rain, not even to think of the Winter, so I bought another "real" daily, a Golf Mk3 station, 2.0 litre, 200k kms on the odo. It was cheap, never broke down, but I hated it. I hated it so much, I don't even have a picture of it. The only pics I took of it was when I decided to sell it, to buy another Saab 900! My love for Saabs never came to an end, and I just had to have one again. So, when the opportunity came to buy a 1993 Saab 900 S LPT in red (not the same red, but the cars are almost identical), I HAD to have it. It's my current daily driver. And I think, it's a keeper.
And why did I to sell that '63 Bel Air? Just because I'd found my childhood's dream... an early 50s style leadsled:

1949 Chevy DeLuxe Sport Coupe. It's nosed, decked, the door handles were shaved, it's lowered in the rear, the roof was chopped 3 inches, it's got a hopped-up 235 inline six with Offenhauser dual intake, Fenton split exhaust manifold... 3 speed with a Nova rear end (really tall, great to drive on the highway). I imported it from San Diego in summer 2008, and I'm currently working on it to get it street legal in Switzerland. I love it. And it's a keeper, definitely.

LUFTKRAFT Hopped-Up Vee Dubs since 1998
LOWTECH Traditional Hot Rods and Customs Online

...because stock sucks.
Bryan67

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2009, 05:05:22 am »

Nice Cheevies.

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
LuftsickTero

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2009, 12:59:15 pm »

Whoa, when did you buy that? Awesome..

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
ESH

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2009, 14:59:56 pm »

... Finally scanned some of my old rides ...

I knew you'd had a few cars!  Shocked

This is the from the guy who damn near loses a hand so has to find something to smoke around in that's easy to drive. An E-Type, perfect, well it was an Auto!  Grin

... Ok, here we go with my non-VW-car-history ...

Damn  Cool!
SlingShot

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2009, 22:49:37 pm »

Bought this new back in 04. Awesome car, wish I still had it. I would probably be in jail (again) If I still had it.  Roll Eyes
BTW its the only flat four I got to race a Carlsbad  Sad

Here is my new ride 88 Mazda 323 GTX. AWD 1.6 Turbo. Cool car, only imported 1,200ish to North America.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 17:37:30 pm by SlingShot » Logged

Will Race For Beer !!!
Neil Davies

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2009, 13:15:47 pm »

I haven't got photos to hand of most of mine, but here's the list!

1968 Beetle (still got - now looks like a US spec '67 and likely to be my O/FF race car)
1960 Beetle (written off after three months of ownership by some silly tart driving into the side of it)
1968 GP LDV Beach Buggy (bought for £300, spent another £300 on it including paint!
1971 Karmann Ghia (swapped for the bugy plus another £300! fixed up into a Grago-alike!)

1966 Beetle (bought to race, but was too good so fixed up and sold on)
1966 Beetle (Headstraight, my choptop race car - ran low 12's)

1970 bay camper (2-litre type 4 motor, written off by brake failure and teminal rust!
1981 T25 camper (sold when I stopped racing)
1970 Beetle (quick fix up and cal look - wish I'd never sold it!)

1971 Beetle (1200 model - sold to a work colleague's son - nearly finished)
1951 split window Beetle (long term project!)
1970 Beetle (late model cal look project, just finished in December)

1972 Beetle floorpan (to go under '70 above, hence the K-plate!)
1974 Beetle (scrapped)
1993 Mk3 Golf Driver
1991 Passat estate

And part shares in several Mk2 Golfs, mostly GTis, although I've never driven one!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2009, 16:09:33 pm »

MINE
new S3 quattro 265HP

Broidi

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2009, 14:43:54 pm »

My former rides...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: