The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:09:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  kennedy stage 3 perssure plate, whats it like to drive?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: kennedy stage 3 perssure plate, whats it like to drive?  (Read 2457 times)
peach_

« on: May 08, 2013, 00:26:00 am »

So is it like a on off switch? is it driveable on the street? or is it too heavy?

Cheers

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

SAS RENN-WAGENS and proud

#CALLOOKDRAGS
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 00:58:05 am »

So is it like a on off switch? is it driveable on the street? or is it too heavy?

Cheers
Works like a charm... Then again itīs been years since I have used a stock one so I might have gotten quite used to KEP pressure plates. I use that together with a black magic so in that sense I have way to much clutch. But I still donīt have any issues driving in traffic etc...

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Fiatdude

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 01:24:19 am »

I would recommend going to Hydraulic actuated at the same time because it will put a ton of stress on all the stock cable/parts/tube and they will wear out/break in a hurry.....

just to throw this out there -- I just went to the KEP dual disc setup with just a stage 1 hat -- Boy is it nice to just have to lightly step on the clutch pedal, down side is that there is just about a half inch of movement between disengaged and engaged -- but I've been driving it around town with no problems, well one problem I had to stop going up a steep hill the other day and it took a couple of tries to find that sweet spot of slipping the clutch to start off -- after the second try I just just stood on the throttle and side stepped the bitch -- took care of that problem, guys behind me didn't like driving through the tire smoke though LOL
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 01:37:05 am by Fiatdude » Logged

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Mike Lawless

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 01:30:12 am »

The stage 3 you buy today is more than likely going to be less than what a stage 2 was like 5 years ago. There were some independent test done that revealed the pressure of a modern day stage 3 to be 1900lbs. rather than the 2300 it is advertised at

Winner, 2009 Bakersfield March Meet
2006 PRA Super Gas Champion
2002-2003 DRKC Champion
http://www.lawlessdesigns.com
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 07:48:52 am »

The stage 3 you buy today is more than likely going to be less than what a stage 2 was like 5 years ago. There were some independent test done that revealed the pressure of a modern day stage 3 to be 1900lbs. rather than the 2300 it is advertised at

Now that is interesting! Thanks for sharing.

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Bruce

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 07:58:27 am »

...... it will put a ton of stress on all the stock cable/parts/tube and they will wear out/break in a hurry.....

, well one problem I had to stop going up a steep hill the other day and it took a couple of tries to find that sweet spot of slipping the clutch to start off -- after the second try I just just stood on the throttle and side stepped the bitch -- took care of that problem, guys behind me didn't like driving through the tire smoke though
If you have the short clutch arm on your gearbox, it will drive like that.  Upgrade to the extra long clutch arm and those troubles go away.  The clutch won't be like an on/off switch.
Fiatdude

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 12:56:08 pm »

Bruce -- My POS is so out there LOL -- it has a 901 trans so there isn't any lengthening the arm LOL

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: