The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:16:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350704 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  I got the deleated...so here is the full story
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I got the deleated...so here is the full story  (Read 1885 times)
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« on: February 06, 2007, 22:28:34 pm »

Cool

Well making a small note in  picture thread is not the way to do it so I got booted out. Anyway here is the story, no pics just words.

I got to the point where my little wagen got rolling. It was in the year 1979 and my 64 type 1 was dechromed and lowered and a had a small 1500 engine out of a 1500S redone to type 1 configuration.........pretty ok at the time. So I wanted to go to the race track for the first time in my own wheels. Took of early on sunday and got to the track where everybody was warming up the engines and transmissions with cars on jack stands. In this sea of american muscle there was this little innocent beetle. Top chopped gasser on centerline and EKG script on it's side. I stood there and heard the high revving engine go throu the rpm range......stood there for half an hour just watching. I got going after a while and looked at the fast cars but my mind was on the bug. I got to the starting line and car after car got to the bleach box....so after a while this white small window EKG ug comes up and makes a helthy burn-out, stage and leaves, pulling the front wheels....clocking some low 12 or so.......I was shocked and got back to the pits. The year before I had my dad to drive me to the track and this gourgeus gasser "St Moritz Fashion" attended and I still have the moment of wheelies as high as 3 feet on my mind........"So was there an other racer in sweden or what?" I asked the owners but it turned out that they had chopped the gasser during the winter and repainted it plain white with the sponsor logo EKG in red on it's side.......from that day on I wanted a Top Shop and the stance and attitude stuck to me. I hope to one day have my own..........

Anyway, car was later sold, repainted blue and got it's maiden name "Häcken Hugo" back, then sold again to the south, on to germany an at that point I got an offer to buy it but Udo got there first and I was dragging my feets.........So Udo has a cool car and I have cool memories!!  Cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: