The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 15:06:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350740 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  This is me...now who the hell are you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: This is me...now who the hell are you?  (Read 19919 times)
Turtle001

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 19:35:21 pm »

what a sexy motherf*cker standing next to that white 58er ;-)

swedish '59er in a winter sleep
http://turtle.skynetblogs.be
Mangokid

"Inhale the world", (in memory of MH)

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2006, 21:08:01 pm »

Thomas me is!

Been into VW's since god knows when, but i eventually got my first bug at the age of 17, (1970 T-1 1500). First i ran it as a stocker with a bleedin', smokin', coughin' 1300 engine, then it was lowered, (using somewhat unconventional methods, cutting, welding etc.), then stickertuned and it went through shitloads of crappy styles and looks. But at one point the cal-look bug jumped up at me from behind, and as they say, the rest is history...

Today my semi daily driver is a 1961, 12-sec cal-look bug on ERCOS. I love the little thing, but keep on abusing it as much as i can. I also own a 1954 oval which is currently going through a '70's gasser-treatment, chopchop, pop-pop, and a 1952 split planned for a cleaner, more streetwise look. I've also owned a 1966 ambulance, and a 1968 Fastback.

I drove my first VW for about ten years, 'til one day i decided that it was time for a real change. Since my old man made it to his 50th birthday last year, i stripped my first car and built a lo-bugget racer out of it for his big day. Only, crap was that the car was banned from racing at Bug Run in Sweden when it was debuted. (See pic).

What else? I'm considered to be a thirsty young man, often seen pissing in my own stinger on late moist nights, so look out for where you are standing when i fire it up the following morning.

Se ya in the pit!

To really know the edge and what lies beyond, one must have passed it.
pre-cal

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2006, 10:46:14 am »

Hi,
My name is Paul Rui and I live just outside Oslo. I have been into VWs since 1982 when I bought my first car, a 1962 beetle. I knew nothing then and even asked the seller over the phone if it had a split rear window..hahahaha. Well, thank God, I have got a step futher since that time:). I have met several of my closest friends through this interest. I remember running out into the middle of the road in rushtraffic after seeing a modified beetle near my home. This was in ´87 or ´88. I scared the shit out of the driver, but got him to roll his window down and introduced myself before he took off in a roar. Do you remember....Jøran?Smiley)  I first met Ivan(Volksworld) after finding my first 2 BRMs sitting on a car a few miles from my home. I remember at the time, wondering what brand they were, but still ended up buying them. They even lay on the bed of my ´62 Pick-Up, fully exposed to the elements for a few years. It wasn´t until I put in an ad in Volksworld wanting more wheels, that I understood their true value. Ivan, just having started at the magazine, spotted my ad...and to make a looong story short, we became friends and still are after all these years. This must have been in 1992 or something. When I travelled to England with my ´66 Crew Cab the year after, I met Keith, Richard K. and shortly after that my great friends Kobus and ofcourse Freddy and Bob(BBT). I can truly say that a nicer bunch of guys are difficult to find, even though many of them are foreign..haha..oops I almost forgot that I am 50% British:). I think probably that the friends you make through this interest will stay friends for ever. Anyway, my great passion these days are early Porsches. I still haven´t given up VWs though, as there are one or two projects I still want to build. I will be visiting the forum from time to time, and can only praise the entrepreneurs behind it by saying WELL DONE GUYS!!!
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2008, 14:11:13 pm »

Let's get this one on track again  Cheesy

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2008, 16:08:15 pm »

here's me  Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Glauco

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2008, 17:58:22 pm »

Ok, didn't know we had to do this Tongue
my name is Glauco Bertolami, I'm only 21 years old, I live with my parents in Stekene, a small town in Belgium. Know as good as nothing about callooks or vw's for that mather, but just love the looks so I'm trying to learn  Grin
I work as a maintenance engineer for a living.
I've got a 72 karmann ghia that I'm restoring, hope to get it running this summer.
on the left is wolfswest, the guy that got me into this forum, on the right is me
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2008, 19:07:41 pm »

My Name is Rick. I'm 48 years old. Lived my entire life in Orange County, growing up in Tustin, then spending almost 20 years in Fullerton and finally moving to Lake Forest almost 4 years ago.

I've only owned two VWs; a '67 I bought in 1978 and a Notchback I bought in 1981. I was very involved in Cal-Look from '78 to the mid 80s including a few stints as President of Der Kliener Kampfwagens... better known as DKK.

Besides the VWs I also have a '26 Ford Roadster and a '85 1/2 Mustang SVO.

I've been married to Susan for 5 years next July. She has 2 daughters Allison 20 and Erin 17 and I have a 11 year old son Anthony.

I work doing IT Support.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2008, 19:10:11 pm »

Ok, didn't know we had to do this Tongue
my name is Glauco Bertolami, I'm only 21 years old, I live with my parents in Stekene, a small town in Belgium. Know as good as nothing about callooks or vw's for that mather, but just love the looks so I'm trying to learn  Grin
I work as a maintenance engineer for a living.
I've got a 72 karmann ghia that I'm restoring, hope to get it running this summer.
on the left is wolfswest, the guy that got me into this forum, on the right is me

Hey dude - I'm a "maintenance Engineer" too - I work in hotels - its a pretty easy life really  Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Glauco

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2008, 19:17:10 pm »

Hey dude - I'm a "maintenance Engineer" too - I work in hotels - its a pretty easy life really  Wink Smiley

I work at a large company (6500 people) that produces steel (arcelor mittal), but I'm looking for a smaller company, something a little more relaxing.
it is indeed pretty easy, just wait untill something brakes down  Grin and then find out what and how you can make somebody else fix it Tongue
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 19:19:04 pm by Mr.Oldskool » Logged
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2008, 19:58:31 pm »

Hey everybody I'm danny gabbard living in norwalk california,moveing to carson city nevada, I've had a few vw's sense about 1976-7.my last nice car 1957 ghia, sold about 17 year ago . Now I'm working on a cal-look 62 and 67, and have a all original 60 leaveing stock, have girl freind that think's  I'm crazy with all the vw parts and stuff,enuff about me It's great to see and here from other vw geeks around the world, all great pictures and story's keep the hobby alive ,well cheer's every body

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2008, 23:30:36 pm »

This is me, Id rather be bald than balding  Angry and Chris aka Slinger aka Slingshot, driving back from the Classic last year in my GTV Smiley
Been doing the VW thing now for about 11 years, and I got Slinger hooked on them in high school... the rest is history!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 23:32:25 pm by Zach Gomulka » Logged

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2008, 17:06:31 pm »

I am Louis Brooks, age 36, married for 12 years to my wife Mafe who is originally from the Philippines. No kids, just two dogs. I am from Tallahassee which is in the northern part of Florida, USA. My family has been in this area for eight generations though one day I would like to live over seas for a period of time. I have been trying to convince my wife to move to Southern Cali but she lived in Riverside for four years and doesn't want to move back. Something about earth quakes. I am a computer security geek at the local Uni where I do vulnerability assessments, incidence response and forensics. I am also in my last semester of completing a Masters in Computer Science which I have been working on part time for five years. Once I get a few more years experience in this field I want to open up my own computer security firm.

As for cars, I got my first car, a 1954 Chevy 210 sedan at age 14. Since then I have owned a 1927 model T, a 1947 Ford sedan, an MG MIdget that was in the shop 8 months out of the year I owned it, a 1953 Chevy pickup I used to drive daily, and half a dozen VWs. My automotive interests are pretty wide since I like hot rods, muscle cars (mostly Fords), early trucks and of course VWs. Even though my family had VWs while I was growing up, I didn't get bitten by the bug so to speak until about 14 years ago when I purchased a 71 standard bug. Since then I have had a handful of bugs and one fast back. Currently I am collecting parts to do the full Cal-look treatment on my '67 bug. My plan is to drive it from Florida to the Classic when it is finished, hopefully in in two or three years.

Other hobbies include reading, playing on the internet, Bonsai, hiking, computers, learning about new cultures and traveling.  Smiley

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2008, 18:38:35 pm »

If she lived in Riverside, I can understand why she wouldn't want to move back!  Wink Wink Grin Grin

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2008, 18:59:44 pm »

If she lived in Riverside, I can understand why she wouldn't want to move back!  Wink Wink Grin Grin

Guess I will see what you are talking about when I visit this summer.  Wink

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: