The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 04:56:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350739 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  how cool are pets?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: how cool are pets?  (Read 20499 times)
Jim Ratto

« on: November 14, 2007, 17:44:31 pm »

We've got 3 cats at home. What a circus. Two mild mannered male cats and one very bossy and asserive female. She's the youngest by 9 years or so, but she's the lord of the manor. She thinks of ME as her servant. Watching these three clowns at work in the morning doing laps in our house is too much.

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 19:26:33 pm »

Excerpts from a Dog's Daily Diary:

8:00 am Dog food! My favourite thing!

9:30 am A car ride! My favourite thing!

9:40 am A walk in the park! My favourite thing!

10:30 am Got rubbed and petted! My favourite thing!

12:00 pm Lunch! My favourite thing!

1:00 pm Played in the yard! My favourite thing!

3:00 pm Wagged my tail! My favourite thing!

5:00 pm Milk bones! My favourite thing!

7:00 pm Got to play ball! My favourite thing!

8:00 pm Wow! Watched TV with my master! My favourite thing!

11:00 pm Sleeping on the bed! My favourite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat's Daily Diary:

Day 683 of my captivity: My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets.

Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.

In an attempt to piss them off, I once again vomit on the floor.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. The audacity!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded!

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. The captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe....... for now....

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 19:30:28 pm »

Dogs are always happy to see you no matter how bad of a day you had.

Cats will eat your eyeballs after you die in your sleep.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Jim Ratto

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 19:35:32 pm »

--louis

yeah dogs are cool, bu i have to disagree about the cat bit...
our cat, Dexter...11yr old, greets me every night, and hangs out with me no matter the situation. There's been days I've come home pissed beyond belief (I love my job  Angry) and struggling with a pulsing migraine, and that little guy just sidles up to me and purrs and purrs....well like a VW actually. In a while, I feel so much better.
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 19:40:31 pm »

--louis

yeah dogs are cool, bu i have to disagree about the cat bit...
our cat, Dexter...11yr old, greets me every night, and hangs out with me no matter the situation. There's been days I've come home pissed beyond belief (I love my job  Angry) and struggling with a pulsing migraine, and that little guy just sidles up to me and purrs and purrs....well like a VW actually. In a while, I feel so much better.

He is just staying close in case you die so he can beat the other cats to your eyeballs.  Tongue 

Actually, my old cat used to like to take naps on my chest while I snoozed on the couch. Talk about waking up hot and thirsty. I think cats have a natural body temp of around 106. I miss that cat.

Now my little dog (15 lbs) likes to sleep draped across my stomach when I lay on the couch.

--louis
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 19:42:33 pm by louisb » Logged

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
lowfastbus

WUNDERWAFFE

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 20:07:26 pm »

Excerpts from a Cat's Daily Diary:

Day 683 of my captivity: My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets.

Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.

In an attempt to piss them off, I once again vomit on the floor.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. The audacity!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded!

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. The captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe....... for now....

too funny Grin Grin Grin

http://dragvws.skynetblogs.be
WUNDERWAFFE
The Knuckle Buster
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 20:40:39 pm »

Cats are like Cal-lookers... some people don´t get them... and those who dont get them seem to hate them, for all the wrong reasons...

I have no reason to slander dogs.... just as I would not talk dirt over a seventies four door detroit iron... I guess some people just like them!

"- It’s a Cal Look thing – you wouldn’t understand”

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 20:57:42 pm »

Cats are like Cal-lookers... some people don´t get them... and those who dont get them seem to hate them, for all the wrong reasons...

I have no reason to slander dogs.... just as I would not talk dirt over a seventies four door detroit iron... I guess some people just like them!

"- It’s a Cal Look thing – you wouldn’t understand”

Grin Grin Grin Grin
nicolas

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 21:22:29 pm »

keith this is so funny. i almost wet myself.

but i can relate to jim as well. we have 4 straycats and they really can make your day when you come home from work. the figured out long ago you don't need to work to be happy, actually you dont need to do anything to be happy. they are so cool.

and yes they will eat your eyeballs.
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 23:00:05 pm »

No cats here.  I have 2 dogs they are just the best.  I have a German Shepard and a Maltese.    Smiley

No matter what they are always happy to see you!!!

Der Kleiner Panzers
Rune
SCC Crew

Screwdrivers #7

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 23:33:36 pm »

That was really good Keith  Grin

I like cats though..
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 23:49:22 pm »

That was really good Keith  Grin

I like cats though..
Me too – I've always liked pussies.

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Russell

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 00:26:24 am »

keith --- it must be nice to have time on your hands.

Oh and pussys are for young blokes, tabbys are for older gents !

Best Regards

Russell
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 05:59:35 am »

My 4 birds are like my featherd children. And they all know the sound of my bug coming up the street.

I also park at Nick's.
stealth67vw

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 16:19:48 pm »

I have an awesome dog except the fucker likes to drink my beer when I'm not looking. He's a Bluetick coon hound mix.

My girlfriend has seven (yes 7) all male cats. 4 are outside and the other 3 are inside. The outsiders are more or less neighborhood cats, they just eat here. Of the other 3 insiders, one is a retarded overweight beast (24lbs) who is addicted to Dorito's. The second one has Herpes (yes Herpes) in his eye and sinuses and likes nobody. He was born with permanent PMS. He's a huge pain in the ass but my girlfriend likes him for some reason not understood by anyone. The third is a pompous typical tom cat. He doesn't like it when I sleep. He has to be the center of attention all the time. Sometimes I'd like to take him for a helicopter ride (some you might get that) Wink These 3 cats sleep 22 1/2 hours a day. The rest of the time they are fighting or antagonizing my dog.

The 4 outside cats are cool cats. They hunt birds and squirrels, they fight off my dog and raccoons are delighted to see me pull in the driveway.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 06:05:33 am by stealth67vw » Logged

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
sheep

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 16:50:50 pm »

Hey Jim remember my ferret, now that was a good pet.

unless it has wheels,tits or fins I dont care
Jim Ratto

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 17:14:36 pm »

that was a good pet except when it snaked up your pant leg and bit down on your sack.

The white rat you got me was a really cool pet. Remember him? His name was Lobotomy.
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 22:40:06 pm »

Got 2 cats here, and i get this quite often:

<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x398bg" target="_blank">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x398bg</a>

And one of them can't mew, she's just screaming. "fooooooooooooood"; "waaake uuuuuuuup", etc...

But maybe written on a forum it's not that funny...  Cheesy

Glitter don't make you faster.
kev d

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 23:22:50 pm »

Dogs are cool, I agree with Keith about cats though....
Heres my pup - bella the basset..

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 23:24:05 pm »

HAHAHA thats funny Roland!

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Jordy/DVK

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 23:26:21 pm »

Talking about cute cats, I have to dissect one in a few weeks. (and a little shark and chicken)
 I'm looking forward to it...   Undecided

About the cats/dogs issue... I prefer dogs above cats, but unfortunately I'm allergic to dogs and almost all other furry animals, except.......... CATS...

Dogs are much more of a 'friend' than cats...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 13:48:06 pm by Jordy/DVK » Logged

Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
  "The Full-Throttle Cruisers"

1951 medium brown splitwindow beetle (resto in progress)
1968 Cal-look(-a-like) (my daily driver)
nicolas

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 11:25:10 am »

<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x398bg" target="_blank">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x398bg</a>

And one of them can't mew, she's just screaming. "fooooooooooooood"; "waaake uuuuuuuup", etc...

too funny!
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 11:59:24 am »

Grin Grin Grin Grin

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
stealth67vw

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 15:47:01 pm »

Dude that is my cat. Grin I recently started having my dog sleep in the bed with me so the cat will leave me alone.

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 18:09:39 pm »

COOL Roland, could be Sam, my cat. And Keith from a cat's point of vieuw youre absolutely right. (Fell over laughing) Grin Grin Grin

Done ? Not Yet.
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 18:50:14 pm »

Dude that is my cat. Grin I recently started having my dog sleep in the bed with me so the cat will leave me alone.

My solution was to put my baseball bat in the basement...

Glitter don't make you faster.
Thomas 356

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 22:42:00 pm »

Dog´s are cool

here is my dog

Thomas 356
Menber Of  Boulevard Cruiser´s
Driver of the Nasty Gray (Back In Fridolin style)
www.thenastygray.blogspot.com
Harry/FDK

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2008, 17:56:40 pm »

If i ever get my hands on the MF who kicked her so hard, that her stomach was snapped between her ribs and breastbone, i will make sure that he has a more painfull life then her last hours. I shit you not buddy.  Sorry Loungers.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 17:58:23 pm by FDK/Hurry » Logged

Done ? Not Yet.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2008, 18:00:28 pm »

That sux Hurry. Animal cruelty is never warranted! I'm sorry to hear about this. Cry Cry

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Harry/FDK

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2008, 18:05:26 pm »

Thanks Rick. Their Animals, can't even talk back. Animal Cruelty of every form should be punished even harder. If we do it to each other fine, but let them alone.

Done ? Not Yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: