The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 04:53:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350739 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  coming here to buy and sell only?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: coming here to buy and sell only?  (Read 23260 times)
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2007, 00:58:50 am »

colol !

i have to sell something , but i am waiting for my 25th posting !!!

10 posts in 6 days. Slacker.  Wink

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
dekatee

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 09:48:45 am »

ok , its like a 20.234 on the strip , but i work for it...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 09:57:19 am by dekatee » Logged

alfie the monster

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2007, 21:45:02 pm »

Well ask me to do it then Ernst  Grin

I've got something funny shaped and Japanese for you too  Wink

JG54 Grunherz
dekatee

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 23:55:22 pm »

I've got something funny shaped and Japanese for you too  Wink

ughhhhhhh , and i think it runs a 20.234 !

alfie the monster

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2007, 00:09:10 am »

Not as quick as this then  Cheesy

I also have something non Japanese coming that you might be able to help me with!

JG54 Grunherz
dekatee

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2007, 00:39:53 am »

yep , let me know what i can do .

maX cal-look

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2007, 15:50:47 pm »

For back to the topic  Roll Eyes , someone are here ( than me ) not for buy/sell but just for learn and trying to understand ... after for the participation of all, I not sure to unterstand too much for reply !!  Grin  Grin  Grin  Shocked 
So I read, joke, but NO reply !

Friendly !

ESH

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2008, 00:38:35 am »

Cheesy

roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2008, 01:49:19 am »

drool, envy, desire, call it what you want...

Glitter don't make you faster.
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2008, 01:50:22 am »

drool, envy, desire, call it what you want...

+1  Wink

Are those Deep Sixes?
I can't quite see

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
the northerner

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2008, 11:06:40 am »

i can see your point...
 and my own first postings have been  items for sale and wanted....
you can interpret this as you see fit..but i have offered items for sale here first.. not to simply take loungers money,but because i thought loungers may like the opportunity to buy a set of rare period wheels or indeed some performance related items i no longer need...which i would say are cal look related after all.(if  offered bus parts, bug doors or a 1300 motor i could see the sentiment)

my own wanted posting is ,a request for something i would like,rather than an attempt to usurp long term loungers .

i cant speak for other newbies,but i have no desire to taint the forum,and i apologise if my first contributions contravene some decorum guidelines,and i will restrain from offering other items to loungers untill i have racked up some mileage on the posting front,
but far from profiteering, i peversely thought offering things here first to 'like minded souls' was the right thing to do .

but heres the paradox- what happens if someone posts a wanted ad ,lets say for a set of o/g brms?
should i sell them ? or keep schtum untill a regular?
ESH

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2008, 11:25:46 am »

...but heres the paradox- what happens if someone posts a wanted ad ,lets say for a set of o/g brms? should i sell them ? or keep schtum untill a regular...

Use your own judgement and I guess people will come to their own conclusions; that is to say I don't think there should be a post count restriction as such but I do see this as a community and it's all about contributing.

Welcome by the way! Now how much for the BRMs? Smiley
Russell

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2008, 12:14:33 pm »

not sure it matters if they buy or sell as long as they dont post about there ford focus or getting drunk last night ! You know what i mean....

Best Regards

Russell
dirk zeyen

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2008, 16:49:34 pm »

hello everybody,

i am only a reader, because my english is f..king bad!!!
i am not here to buy or sell something!!!
this lounge is a good inspiration to me, sorry.
but i will post in the near future- many questions:-)))

dirk zeyen

back again!!!
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2008, 17:54:03 pm »

no problem dick  Grin and for you bad english there's some  good translater : http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr
and welcome Smiley

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
dirk zeyen

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2008, 18:13:01 pm »

thanks for the " welcome"!!!
i will use the translater in the future Grin

dirk zeyen

back again!!!
beetletom

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2008, 20:28:33 pm »

a bit of everything  Cheesy

bought the best parts for my car thats been advertised on here!!
jick

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2008, 21:41:25 pm »

not sure it matters if they buy or sell as long as they dont post about there ford focus or getting drunk last night ! You know what i mean....

that's kinda how i feel about it too.

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 21:08:17 pm »

so  what's news here
the problem still the same  Undecided  lot of seller and don't participate to any topic  Angry

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2009, 21:29:16 pm »

so  what's news here
the problem still the same  Undecided  lot of seller and don't participate to any topic  Angry

Agreed dude I've been noticing it to  Undecided

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2009, 04:24:59 am »

so  what's news here

Since I joined, I've really grown to like the Lounge... I've even made friends here. When I mention to newcomers it's a cool place to hang out, I mean it.

My situation is, I need to thin out a thirty year--two hundred box collection of VW parts.
When I first joined, I knew I would be posting parts for sale from time to time... but I enjoy a good topic much more than a sale.
For me it's no different than spreading the word around to my like minded buddies.

Some people take advantage--some don't. I won't. (but I look forward everyday to checking out the classifieds Grin)

Now where did I put those nos BRM's... 

~DR.
Sarge

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2009, 04:37:54 am »

Classifieds??  Never been there.  The Lounge is much more then that for me.  It's about all the cool folks I've met here with the cars a close second.

DKP III
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2009, 06:16:17 am »

I'm with Sarge on that one.

I rarely if ever look at the classifieds here far as I'm concerned those that wish to browse there or hang there have that choice to themselves.

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2009, 09:23:15 am »

Sorry, Dave... I used one as a hose reel in my front yard. Hope that you're not mad at me. Can I have the other three? Got some palm trees that could use those as potting vessels.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Neil Davies

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2009, 10:52:58 am »

I don't really mind if people are registering only to use the classifieds.

The way I look at it is this: if someone wants to sell a cal-look part then surely it's good for us if they advertise it here? I don't visit that many other sites as often as I visit here and miss out on stuff all the time (last week I didn't get to a pair of IDAs for £400 in time!), so I like the idea of people wanting to sell us cool shit!

And if they've not got anything interesting to say but plenty interesting to sell, I'd rather they kept quiet everywhere but the classifieds! Cheesy

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Lee.C

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2009, 11:58:39 am »

so  what's news here

Since I joined, I've really grown to like the Lounge... I've even made friends here. When I mention to newcomers it's a cool place to hang out, I mean it.

My situation is, I need to thin out a thirty year--two hundred box collection of VW parts.
When I first joined, I knew I would be posting parts for sale from time to time... but I enjoy a good topic much more than a sale.
For me it's no different than spreading the word around to my like minded buddies.

Some people take advantage--some don't. I won't. (but I look forward everyday to checking out the classifieds Grin)

~DR.

I'll help you with all those bits dude  Wink But i do have to agree with Sarge and Jason  Smiley

Pekka

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2009, 15:11:50 pm »

I don't see a problem there. Some people just don't spend so much time online (maybe they have a real life). But for seliing and buying cal-look goodies there is probably no better place.

Myself, I can only afford to visit the Lounge on average maybe every 2 weeks or so. I'd hate tpo have my account removed because of lack of time for my hobby.

I sent the club a wire stating, "Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."

- Groucho Marx
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2009, 15:12:53 pm »

so  what's news here

~DR.

I'll help you with all those bits dude  Wink But i do have to agree with Sarge and Jason  Smiley

Right.

Agreed.

Please re-read line 1, the second part of line 3, and the first part of line 5 in my post...

I'm not the best writer in the world, but I was trying to convey the fact that I do not look at the Lounge as a business.
Some of my best and most long lasting friendships and memories have been in one way or another brought on by this hobby / habit / addiction to VW's we share on this forum.

I value people more than parts... anybody that really knows me knows that.

I hit the classifieds daily because I have two VW projects going right now... I see nothing wrong with that... hey, I like to shop... think of it as my feminine side Wink

OK? We cool??

~Dave

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 15:18:05 pm by Dave Rosique » Logged
Lee.C

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2009, 15:25:14 pm »

so  what's news here

~DR.

Right.

Agreed.

Please re-read line 1, the second part of line 3, and the first part of line 5 in my post...

I'm not the best writer in the world, but I was trying to convey the fact that I do not look at the Lounge as a business.
Some of my best and most long lasting friendships and memories have been in one way or another brought on by this hobby / habit / addiction to VW's we share on this forum.

I value people more than parts... anybody that really knows me knows that.

I hit the classifieds daily because I have two VW projects going right now... I see nothing wrong with that... hey, I like to shop... think of it as my feminine side Wink

OK? We cool??

~Dave

Dude I think you've misunderstood me too I wasn't having a go - I was just saying I'll take all those cool bits of your off your hands, And I too value the friends I have made on here ALOT more than making a fast buck.

Thats the problem with the net - sometimes its hard to get accross EXACTLY what you really mean  Roll Eyes Smiley Hope we're all cool dude  Grin

Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2009, 15:56:08 pm »

[/quote]

Dude I think you've misunderstood me too I wasn't having a go - I was just saying I'll take all those cool bits of your off your hands, And I too value the friends I have made on here ALOT more than making a fast buck.

Thats the problem with the net - sometimes its hard to get accross EXACTLY what you really mean  Roll Eyes Smiley Hope we're all cool dude  Grin
[/quote]

Sorry Lee,

I just re-read my post and I did sound whiney... no kidding--I'm sorry.

I was not directing that reply to anybody in particular... just venting a little I guess.

Your right, sometimes it's tough to get your feelings across on the net. 

I appreciate this place, the people involved, and the general atsmosphere...

Now, I think I'll have that beer and a cigar... Sarge? Where you at buddy??

~DR.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: