The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 14:33:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350740 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Spycam Stikes Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Spycam Stikes Again  (Read 19368 times)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2008, 17:31:08 pm »

Actually, that headlight shot is of MY car  Shocked Shocked Shocked Wink Grin

The shot is too close for me to tell, since I've never seen Doug's car in person. So I figured it was one of your cars. HAHA!! Either way... GOOD STUFF.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2008, 18:37:43 pm »

Shocked Shocked  Great shot Sarge!!! 

Hey...where'd you get your cape at....NICE  Roll Eyes Grin

It's an " original " Nacho Libre cape. It will not be brought out to any shows in the near future. While I do plan to bring it out in the future, it will be on a selective basis and without any notice. Thanks for your interest in "original" Nacho Libre cape......  Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2008, 18:43:22 pm »

It's an " original " Nacho Libre cape. It will not be brought out to any shows in the near future. While I do plan to bring it out in the future, it will be on a selective basis and without any notice. Thanks for your interest in "original" Nacho Libre cape......  Grin

LMAO!!!! Who's gonna clean the soda off my monitor and keyboard???

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2008, 18:54:50 pm »

will you let me take a picture of it? Can my wife pose in it while I take the picture? Oh Carlos.... you allowing my wife to don your Original Cape and let me take a picture will change my life. Did you use it to fly on the Nach Libre Memorial Cruise? Or did you TOW it?

Ratto,

Just got back from lunch and saw your post. You made my day. As you can see from reading the posts, LOL, there continues to be a bit of curiosity in the original cape. It certainly is not surprising or unanticipated.  The cape is fine and looks as good as it does in my avatar picture. It is showing its age, LOL, but just barely. I hope that you and your wife are doing well. I will keep you posted on when I am in your area.

When you and I are in fullerton we will get it out of box and let your wife take pictures. 

Carlos De Alba
"Original Nacho Libre Cape owner"

Der Kleiner Panzers
ApeLatex
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2008, 19:03:00 pm »

I collect lucha libre masks. I have about 5 of them. Pretty freaky.
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2008, 19:04:26 pm »

I collect lucha libre masks. I have about 5 of them. Pretty freaky.

Shocked ............  Kiss   Kiss  Kiss    Grin Grin Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2008, 19:09:21 pm »

will you let me take a picture of it? Can my wife pose in it while I take the picture? Oh Carlos.... you allowing my wife to don your Original Cape and let me take a picture will change my life. Did you use it to fly on the Nach Libre Memorial Cruise? Or did you TOW it?

Ratto,

Just got back from lunch and saw your post. You made my day. As you can see from reading the posts, LOL, there continues to be a bit of curiosity in the original cape. It certainly is not surprising or unanticipated.  The cape is fine and looks as good as it does in my avatar picture. It is showing its age, LOL, but just barely. I hope that you and your wife are doing well. I will keep you posted on when I am in your area.

When you and I are in fullerton we will get it out of box and let your wife take pictures. 

Carlos De Alba

I've heard that rats have been peeing on the cape and that the collar is no longer original. This is from someone who says he polished the buttons on the cape.  Grin

Sarge

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2008, 19:11:43 pm »

ROFL  Grin Grin Grin  Knock it OFF...you'll get us busted Roll Eyes Wink

DKP III
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2008, 19:12:35 pm »

that's great Carlos, Nacho would be proud. I do have to admit, though, last time I saw the cape at the Caper Classic in 1999 or so, it looked as though one of the seams have come unstitched, the cloth was faded, and it looked as though somebody tried to play white knight and had laid it over a mud puddle for a fair maiden or someone. I sure hope all the world can once again revel in the glory of your cape, Carlos. PS how did you get your nickname?

While I certainly respect your right to express your opinion, I would expect it to be based on accurate facts and not on baseless claims. Since you seem to imply from your comments that you have seen it and that "this thing is completely  unstitched and faded", I have to wonder. The reality is that it has not been shown in public in approximately 9 years. I do not know what cape you were looking at, but it certainly wasn't the cape from my avatar picture.  As far as the nickname goes I have no comment.

Carlos De Alba

Der Kleiner Panzers
Sarge

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2008, 19:17:59 pm »

Boy, I'd sure like a nice cape like that...have you ever considered selling it?  Let me know how much you want for it...I'll write you a check.

DKP III
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2008, 19:22:50 pm »

To All
There seems to be much confusion and misinformation regarding the status and condition of the Cape. Let me say to all that the cape is in excellent condition and has been stored for several years. Unfortunately rumors continue to run rampant about about its condition. I cannot and will not attempt to address them all. Let me state in the most unequivocal manner that I can as is possible-the cape is not for sale and will not be brought out to any shows in the near future. Thanks for your interest in the cape........... Now let't "bounce" back to topic here.

Der Kleiner Panzers
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2008, 19:23:42 pm »

You guys crack me up!!  Grin Grin Grin

Sarge

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2008, 19:26:50 pm »

You guys crack me up!!  Grin Grin Grin

That's what we're here for, isn't it??  Roll Eyes Grin 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 19:28:42 pm by Sarge » Logged

DKP III
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2008, 19:34:44 pm »

Well that and scintillating parlor conversation.   Wink

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2008, 19:37:41 pm »

So tell me, how did it feel when you first took possession of the cape? And can you tell me why you have such a problem with the current generation of cape wearers? I mean, what have Der Kleiner Kapers III ever done to you?

Finally, I too would like to know how you got your nickname, "El Stinko Grande"

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Rennsurfer

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2008, 19:44:03 pm »

It's an " original " Nacho Libre cape. It will not be brought out to any shows in the near future. While I do plan to bring it out in the future, it will be on a selective basis and without any notice.

HAHAHA!!! Best post EVER on this site. Thanks for makin' me spit out my Zima... I mean Guinness, Carlos. I owe you a bier at the next event.

~Sarge
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2008, 20:05:35 pm »

So tell me, how did it feel when you first took possession of the cape? And can you tell me why you have such a problem with the current generation of cape wearers? I mean, what have Der Kleiner Kapers III ever done to you?

Finally, I too would like to know how you got your nickname, "El Stinko Grande"

I was wearing a diaper the day I took possession of the cape.. In case of an accident.  The current generation of cape wearers are all fake and don't know a bit on history.  Der Kleiner Kapers III are just jealous.  I'm the "original kaper" and that is that. 

Stinko comes from the Spanish word “Caca” meaning “Shit” for all of you loooosers that can’t speak two languages.

I will not discuss the topic anymore since I do not like to be "bouncing" around topics. 

Carlos De Alba
"Original Caca"

Der Kleiner Panzers
Rennsurfer

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2008, 20:53:58 pm »

Whoa... wait a minute. So, if a thread goes off topic in the Off Topic forum, where does it go? It's a kinda double inverted-reverse-oxymoronic thing, yes?

Grin

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2008, 21:22:25 pm »

Whoa... wait a minute. So, if a thread goes off topic in the Off Topic forum, where does it go? It's a kinda double inverted-reverse-oxymoronic thing, yes?

Grin

oh nooooooo you're making me think... I don't get paid to think! Grin

Carlos De Alba

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2008, 22:15:59 pm »

It's an " original " Nacho Libre cape. It will not be brought out to any shows in the near future. While I do plan to bring it out in the future, it will be on a selective basis and without any notice.

HAHAHA!!! Best post EVER on this site. Thanks for makin' me spit out my Zima... I mean Guinness, Carlos. I owe you a bier at the next event.

about that beer............could that be a green beer??  Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers
Rennsurfer

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2008, 22:54:31 pm »

about that beer............could that be a green beer??  Grin

Any kind of bier that you want. Will they be sellin' bier at the next Drag Day and/or Bug-In? If so, there you have it. I'll either be wearin' a Lounge or a D.K.K. shirt. I'll be the moron havin' the most fun and laughin'. Feel free to hit me up for the promised barley pop. Extra credit for asking in Nacho Libre's voice. HAHAHAHA!!!

~Sarge
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2008, 23:04:08 pm »

NAAAACHHHHOOOOOOOO!!  See you then..............  Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2008, 06:33:54 am »

Best post on The Lounge, ever.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 09:38:23 am »

what would we do without you guys... :-D

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2008, 09:52:45 am »

Yeah, that`s the question  Cool

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2008, 11:23:39 am »

Those eggs were a lie, Esqueleto. A LIE! They give me no eagle powers! The give me no nutrients!
Beneath the clothes, we find a man... and beneath the man, we find his... nucleus.  Shocked Grin

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Sarge

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2008, 16:20:34 pm »

back on topic.....hey Sarge.... I mean 007....    do you know if DM will have the car ready for April?..

Not sure...maybe Doug might chime in for the answer here.

I hope to hell we don't find out...I tried to warn 'em earlier Roll Eyes Grin

Those eggs were a lie, Esqueleto. A LIE! They give me no eagle powers! The give me no nutrients!
Beneath the clothes, we find a man... and beneath the man, we find his... nucleus.  Shocked Grin

I think he's hittin' on you, Carlos Kiss Wink

DKP III
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2008, 18:04:53 pm »

Probably talk about Cal-Look VWs and not laugh near as much!  Grin

mg

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2008, 19:19:44 pm »

Doug, soon as you put the engine back in it and you'll have more room in the garage. Smiley

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2008, 20:57:37 pm »

I think he's just starting to dis-assemble it to re-do the pan once again !
 Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: