The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:21:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350757 Posts in 28587 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  NEW FREE Reading! Car Related!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NEW FREE Reading! Car Related!  (Read 7952 times)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 15:05:42 pm »

Why? So you can piss the hot rod guys off?

HAHA!! Wow, you sure are one angry person, Bryan. You obviously don't read posts very thoroughly, as well. I love cars. Please keep your suck on the other side of this state. We don't want any more of your negativity to ruin our fun. Thanks and keep enjoying your pissed off posts, as usual.

Grin

Have a gosh darned nice day, Bryan/Troll.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Jim Ratto

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 20:18:17 pm »

The age old issue of Us vs Them......

here's my take if any gives a rat's ass:

The V8 scene, much like the VW scene isn't just one big general band of guys. There are knuckleheads in every hobby. My ex boss was very much a Detroit Iron guy all his life, yet he made his living building hot VW motors and selling VW parts. He, more than anybody else, is the reason I got into fast air cooled VW's.... this guy took me under his wing and showed me more hand on stuff on how to make a VW live and run hard than anybody. My point is, while he grew up a V8 guy, once he got wind that a VW could levy some hefty punches, he made them part of his life, and encouraged a lot of guys my age, and younger and older, to build something that could pounce on the big cube stuff.
I think as we get older and mature, we all become somewhat more tolerant of the "other guys"... to me any guy that puts his brain to work before he lifts a wrench, is a cool guy, no matter how many cylinders are under the hood (or decklid). Personally the V8/hot rod/street rod thing is lost on me, not that I do not repspect it, I am just not passionate for that segment of the hobby. Always dug the little cars from overseas.

Best to all,
Jim
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: