The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 18:16:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350764 Posts in 28587 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  K-line guide liners..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: K-line guide liners..  (Read 2999 times)
JLaw

« on: October 27, 2013, 20:44:22 pm »

Does anyone have any experience of these guide liners, good or bad, rather than replacing guides?

Cheers.
Kiel

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 17:18:35 pm »

Hi i use it, and know that all the top fuel teamīs from denmark use k-line, and also JPM sweden. he made the k-line for me.

thomas kiel
JLaw

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 18:15:16 pm »

Thanks,

That's good news. I had been told that using the K-Line sleeves wasn't the 'correct' way and the guides should be replaced but if you say JPM uses them then I'm happy.

John.
spoolin70

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 18:33:09 pm »

Stop being cheap and do the job properly john  Grin

But seriously, liners do sound like a poor alternative to  a proper guide replacement.
Although they do offer a DFL coated version.
I wonder why JPM used them ?

Are you thinking of using some Del West Ti valves along with my 4" cylinders ?

spanners

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 09:25:46 am »

They are a stop gap, but quality kit and ive used them often in heads that were a bit tired of having the guides often removed, split guide bosses happen after all, i also found they suck oil, probably down the join line, this may not be a problem on some uses, i had a blue smoke puff every time i came out a of corner on the circuit cars that used them.

Best regards, spanners.
Torben Alstrup

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 12:31:45 pm »

They are a stop gap, but quality kit and ive used them often in heads that were a bit tired of having the guides often removed, split guide bosses happen after all, i also found they suck oil, probably down the join line, this may not be a problem on some uses, i had a blue smoke puff every time i came out a of corner on the circuit cars that used them.
Hmm. thatīs weired I/we have use "tons" of them in anything from Harleys to ACVW to V8 engines. I have never experienced oil consumption, yet. The K-lines are stronger than normal guides used in the AC world. I.e. they last longer than a regular guide replacement.
I tend to think that the blue smoke was caused by the rings doing overtime rather than the guides. If it was the guides, the blue smoke should be almost all the time and not just out of corners.

T
spanners

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 16:09:44 pm »

I agree the quality and material is top notch Wink, i ran a 10 race season with the liners installed with no wear,  No ring problems either, Fastback noticed a similar haze on his turbo bus, it gets sucked down into the chambers on corner entry off throttle conditions, some corner entry's are off the gas for 4 seconds at high revs, the right rocker chamber is oil laden on right hand tracks, it then burns off as soon as the throttle is opened, circuit racing shows any oiling problems.

Best regards, spanners.
Kiel

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 20:47:04 pm »

http://klineind.com/Valve-Guide-Liner-R-System.html
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: