The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 03:53:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350768 Posts in 28589 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  new Berg 5 swingaxle in Europe (with Quaife too!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: new Berg 5 swingaxle in Europe (with Quaife too!)  (Read 1312 times)

« on: December 05, 2022, 15:49:42 pm »

Oh well. You may remember my "Weapon of choice" thread here on The Lounge, about my VW Thing with cal-look spririt. You may remember no expense was spared and the car was loaded with nice parts.  

Now I´m ready to sell my Berg 5 speed built by John Walklett in UK about mid 2018. I bought it for my car. Then stored it in my living room. At the beginning of 2020 I finally found time to install it in the car. COVID came. Our VW gang fell apart. I moved to the countryside. I started many other demanding projects. The car stayed in my garage for another 2 years in hibernation. I think my fun years with VW speed are over. And I sold my engine, returning the car to original. So now I´m selling my Berg 5, built by a qualified professional, brand new, just installed in the car and removed again.

I also have SAW heavy duty torsion bars (30mm) and HD spring plates. I also have Berg rear mount, but I bought it second hand so I do not know exactly for which body style it will work. Not included in the package above you can have these parts for extra.

Specs for the transmission are:

3.875 RP, 3.75/2.25/1.65/1.31/0.89 1st thru to 5th with welded drive hubs
Chromoly one piece mainshaft
Gusseted late Type 1 case
Chromoly pinion nut
Swing axle Quaife ATB
HD side plates
Gearbox mount kit
Karpiola Finnish swing axles (stock length from about 1965 up, long splines)
new axle tubes and all the installation material
CSP disc brake kit (was not new, I transferred it from my previous Rancho 4 speed)
5 speed Berg shifter

Included is front bracket and mid mount and rear Rhino grey mounts (I think). What is not there is the small pieces to weld on your frame horns, but I made my own from a square tubing very easily as the ones delivered to me looked a bit weak. I will give you extra can of the correct transmission oil.

I prefer to sell it as a package, my time to mess with it is limited.

As the parts are apparently new with no road time the price est. is 7500 EUR and opened to sensible negotiation. I can bring it to Czech - German - Austrian - Polish border. Or you can visit me in the middle of the Czech Republic (I travelled all around Europe for rare car and motorcycle parts without whinning!). Or I can cooperate with your shipper.

If you have questions, let me know. My e-mail is aircooled (at) flat4.org

You can see some photos here: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2587555
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 16:17:56 pm by 181 » Logged
Peter

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 09:51:52 am »

you're not selling without the diff I presume?
Peter

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 09:53:41 am »

otherwise, I am interested

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 15:44:08 pm »

Hi Peter,

actually I would like to sell it as a whole package without taking it apart (for time reasons). The diff is brand new so easy to resell.

Thank you for your interest,

Jan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: