The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 07:05:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350782 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  6V generator 90 mm rebuild and now 12V, SOLD !!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 6V generator 90 mm rebuild and now 12V, SOLD !!  (Read 3288 times)
RMS Boxer Service

« on: December 13, 2008, 14:42:49 pm »

I have a 90 mm 12V generator for sale. It's a stock 6V unit that have been rebuild, new field coils installed, the entire amature have been
recoiled and a new cummutator have been made. so it now a TRUE 12+V UNIT. Housing have been zinc plated and the end covers have been
painted black.  This is a super generator and is perfect when it comes to old school look  Cool

It have been tested to make 40 amp at 14 volt in shorter periods !!! The test also showed that the generator could make 30 Amp all day long.
Much more than the 90 mm 12V generators found on industrial VW engines (they are typical rated at 20-25 Amp.)

Have to sell due to change of plans.

€400,- plus shipping
NOW €325

/Rolf

With test pulley installed:

« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 12:28:01 pm by Callook_67 » Logged
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 23:10:53 pm »

You beat me to it dude - I have been thinkin about this idea for a while - well done  Smiley

BUT its still a dynamo - is there no way it could be converted to a Alternator Huh I know this has been done in the Hot Rod world with Flathead style dyno's - Just a thought Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 11:18:57 am »

Why do you want to convert a dynamo in alternator?
What's the advantages in our application to run a alternator instead of a dynamo?
Or maybe do you plan to use 8" fog light in front of Project 66  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Wink
RMS Boxer Service

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 08:07:10 am »

You beat me to it dude - I have been thinkin about this idea for a while - well done  Smiley

BUT its still a dynamo - is there no way it could be converted to a Alternator Huh I know this has been done in the Hot Rod world with Flathead style dyno's - Just a thought Wink Smiley

Making the 12V conversion was expensive enough, so the alternator conversion was out of the question pretty
quickly.  Remenber this is a one of a kind piece of work and not a new item produced in massive #'s.

I had it made for a friend's 2110 cc old school look engine for his '55 Oval, but he sold the car and bought a Split
window bus and wanted a total different engine configuration for the bus.This fine generator don't match the into
the new configuration.

/Rolf
RMS Boxer Service

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 19:13:17 pm »

New lower price Cry

Can take Paypal.
RMS Boxer Service

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 16:22:03 pm »

I have a 90 mm 12V generator for sale. It's a stock 6V unit that have been rebuild, new field coils installed, the entire amature have been
recoiled and a new cummutator have been made. so it now a TRUE 12+V UNIT. Housing have been zinc plated and the end covers have been
painted black.  This is a super generator and is perfect when it comes to old school look  Cool

It have been tested to make 40 amp at 14 volt in shorter periods !!! The test also showed that the generator could make 30 Amp all day long.
Much more than the 90 mm 12V generators found on industrial VW engines (they are typical rated at 20-25 Amp.)

Have to sell due to change of plans.

€400,- plus shipping
NOW €325

/Rolf

With test pulley installed:

Mach1

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 11:38:50 am »

Just paid.
RMS Boxer Service

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 12:27:20 pm »

SOLD !!!!!
Pages: [1] Print