The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 09:47:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350704 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  fastback-69
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: fastback-69  (Read 4555 times)
marcus ösd

« on: August 31, 2012, 22:16:31 pm »

Im putting up a projekt thread for my raceprojekt thats been in the works for a couple of years now. Its hard to get the time and founds neded to finish the car with three kids and a demanding wife  Wink and for the moment i have lost all interest in the build.
Hoping for some feedback and maybe a kick in the as so i get started again.

the build started as i broke the gearbox and engine in my old beetle at sundsvall raceway in the fall of 2010. The  car did 12,49 at mantorp park the same year.
As i live in the north of sweden i have very long distance to racetracks and the beetle was pretty much a race only car i diseded to build a more streetable car. So i sold the car without the engine.
Same year on the way to Bugrun i bought a fastback from Herman in gävle and disided to build a streetracer of it .
The plan was to build a all steel car with backseat so the kids could taggle along to car shows and cruisings.
The base is the  old engine from the beetle. Its an old autocross typ4 thats in the old setupp had been dynoed to 200+ horses. Its a 2,8l with drysump oil system and after an overhaul by fredde from turbotown (västerås) with new cylinders,welded and reworked heads and more he sat the new compression to 8,5, ideal for a huge turbo  Smiley.
Without the help from fredde and some of the other turbotown guys there woudnt be a  engine at all.
So now the engine been build up as a turbo engine with a Haltec E6X and a KK26/27 turbo .
marcus ösd

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 22:57:17 pm »

AS the car was going to be a heavy lump and with an aim for around 400 horse it neded a god gearbox. I scored an old Anders Fridh build irs box for a god price wich contains Rhinocase,spool,strenghts sidecovers, porshe hubs,beefy driveshafts and a 3:78 1st, 2:21 2nd, 1:56 3rd,1:19 4th..
The car is getting a full cage but with acess to the rear seat, all bushings are swapped for alu ones. in the rear it has red koni dampers .And the tiers are 215 MH in the rear and 135s up front .
The inner wheel arches are cut to make room for the tiers when the car launches and the engineroom has been singelskinned and the rear is fastened with por mans dzus screws .
The exhaust has got flanges welded in so it can be taken apart .
To fit the 5lug centerlines previous owners hade swaped the brakes to 60s beetle brakes and that didnt feel god with the increase of power so i went back to 4lug with discbrakes up front. New wheels are old JP mags.And thats how the car stands today
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 17:07:31 pm »

JP wheels are great!

marcus m

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 08:45:40 am »

Im back with a new username as i forgot my password and my mailbox doesnt work. Not much has happened to the car but im aming for the summer of 2014. Dont want to spend Another year as a spectator  Wink.

Swapped the rear subframe to an older one as i wanted the "forks" for an stronger mount to the Engine.

Connekted the subframe with the Cage

Now the Engine is in and i started to build the pressure piping for the turbo system. Im using a watercoold intercooler that sits between the Engine and the rear seats.

Pleased with the way the car sits with the Engine in  Smiley

No i just have to put my mind traight as i suffer from multiple car building syndrome  Grin
marcus m

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 21:04:23 pm »

Big settback, maybe out of the garagespace as the owner plans to sell the building. Hope he will change his mind as garagespace is very limited in my hometown  Undecided
marcus m

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 10:43:11 am »

Moving to a new garage so im putting the car together so it can be moved easy. New garage has lots of space but no heating. Last night when moving my baywindow bus in it was -6 degreas Celsius inside  Shocked But i got a diesel heater so we can get started wrenching.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: