The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 00:29:50 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Java.... is your motor ready?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Java.... is your motor ready?  (Read 17329 times)
Jim Ratto

« on: February 18, 2009, 20:40:54 pm »

Curious how your new monster is going... 

WELL?Huh Cool

you going to have Bates and Sheep beat to who gets their big motor in first?  Grin
Mike Maize

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 01:38:42 am »

I know Wink Where are you Mikey, Tell everybody! Ask him about his Hoodride patina tin................
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 01:56:16 am by Mike Maize » Logged
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 02:24:46 am »

First official public unveiling.

I wuz gonna detail it out, but Maize wants me to run it as you see it, like some sort of farm implement.  I think he's a little worried about the orange car not being the only local hot rod anymore.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
ugly duckling

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 06:04:24 am »

looks  fine. perty dont make it go faster it just pisses off the purty boys but thats ok especily when there staring at your tail lights. needs a few bird droppings then youl be right in there. looks good. good luck to ya .UD.

Sarge

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 06:11:57 am »

looks  fine. perty dont make it go faster it just pisses off the purty boys but thats ok especily when there staring at your tail lights. needs a few bird droppings then youl be right in there. looks good. good luck to ya .UD.

Nice avatar, dude  CoolWink

First official public unveiling.  I wuz gonna detail it out, but Maize wants me to run it as you see it, like some sort of farm implement.  I think he's a little worried about the orange car not being the only local hot rod anymore.

VERY COOL, Mike!!  I'm with Maize & UD.... leave it alone! Cool Cool Cool

DKP III
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 08:37:38 am »

Roll it! Cool

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Neil Davies

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 13:35:05 pm »

First official public unveiling.

I wuz gonna detail it out, but Maize wants me to run it as you see it, like some sort of farm implement.  I think he's a little worried about the orange car not being the only local hot rod anymore.

I can see a problem with the linkage, so I wouldn't completely leave it alone! Wink

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
javabug

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 14:01:17 pm »

LOL at you guys.  Thanks for the support.   Cheesy

The real thanks goes to "Ohio" Tom Simpson who put it together from a bunch of boxes I brought him in November.  Specs:

90.5 x 82mm
Rimco Super Rods
AS21 case
Web 86b/1.4 rockers
CB lifters
043 castings worked by K-Roc
40x35.5 valves
9.5:1 compression
48 DRLAs

Tom claims I'm gonna love it...he's probably right.

needs a few bird droppings then youl be right in there

I knew it was missing something!  I'm gonna call Tom and have him take the shiny, new fanshroud off and throw it out in the yard for the rest of the winter, too.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 14:59:00 pm »

I'm gonna call Tom and have him take the shiny, new fanshroud off and throw it out in the yard for the rest of the winter, too.

Mike, I'm stoked for you... can't wait to hear how your new engine is going to perform. It also sounds like you're onto something new. A way to answer back to those feckless hoodriderustedoutresto shells that roll on the streets. We'll do the opposite of them and have good looking fast cars but with really weathered haggard engines. I'm never cleaning my engine again. Where does one buy spray on rust?

Grin

Joking aside, enjoy your new toy.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Mike Maize

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 15:38:15 pm »

Anyone want to start a pool on his stock trannies lifespan from say June 1st on? Grin I'll lend him some M&H's to speed things along!
Jim Ratto

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 16:49:33 pm »

hey at least you have an alternator. Run it dude, shiny stuff doesn't keep it stomping on the V8 nerds.
yvre

Der Autobahn Scrapers

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 17:12:08 pm »

Why not paint it now?
Just a little effort compared to what has been done so far...
javabug

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 20:05:32 pm »

I'm sure it will be out of the car next winter; very likely will get a dose of "pretty" then.  Until that time it will be run this way in honor of all the Mark Herberts in the world.

Besides, painted and shiny would clash with the rest of my car.    Tongue

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 20:11:51 pm »

one of the mags needs to do an article on Maize's car and your car

javabug

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 20:23:14 pm »

Thanks Jim, but honestly my car needs a TON of work.  Maybe if the running gear was all refurbished, and the interior was a lot nicer, and...right now its a real bomb.  I'm hoping this season to get some of the obvious stuff squared away.

Maize's car, now that would be worthwhile.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 20:28:08 pm »

no, I think cars that post some fast e.t.'s and work as a car, despite being not the shiniest or most surgically clean rides out there, need some print. These buffoons with hoodrides are getting ink, aren't they....  by chopping 6" width out of beam, pouring acid on their paint, and sticking air pillows under their cars for "the look"...   

A good looking (!) hot rod car with a bonafide hot motor...  why not?

Today's world is a different place, after all....     how's your economic stimulus plan working out?  Roll Eyes
Mike Maize

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 20:32:25 pm »

Having a car I built featured used to be a goal of mine, but not anymore. The highest recognition I could have ever gotten for my work and my ideas was when all my peers on this board gave my 67 props, after all these are the people that "get it" . That said I am always open to people taking pictures and asking questions about my cars.... Wink Mike I think the way your car is is what makes it so cool. Its Punk Rock -cal-look, especially with the new "balsy" mill hanging from it...... I thought of Herbert as soon as I saw the picture Tom sent of your 2110.
Mike Maize

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 20:34:33 pm »

Funny but true Jim!
javabug

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 21:08:42 pm »

All good points, and I definetly agree on having killer street cars in better public view would be a great "change" to our scene.  Just give me this summer, maybe I can have the

work as a car, despite being not the shiniest or most surgically clean

part worked out.   Wink  Even though the java machine looks like it's been badass for a long time, its just not up to snuff in some basic, functional areas.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 01:43:55 am »

V8 nerds.

+1 and very well played, Mr. Ratto.

~Sarge
javabug

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 02:35:13 am »

It's in Pennsylvania now.  Further posts as events warrant.

Demo run on Tom's test stand.  Yes, its loud with the stinger and the camera is not expensive enough to deal with the noise.  No, I don't intend to run the stinger on the car.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pucbiWqltcw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/pucbiWqltcw</a>

Thanks to Maize and Swingle for making the trip without me as I got sick enough to make me stay home.  Hope you guys got a good look at that, as it doesn't happen often!

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 04:30:16 am »

Good to see it alive Java!

That combo should really work well Shocked

I've always liked 48 DRLA's... good stuff Wink

~Dave
Rennsurfer

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 06:14:37 am »

Congrats, Mike. Sounds like it's gonna be fun in your car.

~Sarge
Mike Maize

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 14:47:47 pm »

You would have needed pretty high end stuff because it was LOUD in that grage with the stinger on it Shocked My ears are still ringing. Do you have the picture showing all three engines in John's truck? Roughly 600HP in the bed of a Honda Ridgeline was kind of cool!
javabug

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 15:28:01 pm »

I'll have to try a screen capture of the three engines from the video at John's house.  It definetly looked cool.

I can't wait to hear it with mufflers on.  I am motivated to get it in the car, to say the least.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
javabug

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 03:03:28 am »

I couldn't get a good screen shot here at home, so here's the whole video of 6,600cc of VW in the back of a Ridgeline:

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Ohio Tom (DdK)

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 03:43:20 am »

My babies all together having one last social gathering before heading out... they spent the winter haning out together.
Nevermind the Lotus...
John sure does have the toys....
I'm one to speak...LOL...

Ohio Tom
08'.. 3 R/U...3 Win...
Mike Maize

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2009, 13:31:50 pm »

Tom, next time they are together should be at the track cracking down on the V8 crowd! Hey it not just John with toys everywhere, I remember  looking at a lot of your toys on Saturday.....
bshertzer

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 15:22:08 pm »

javabug.... is that a pink alt. stand i saw in one of those pics?  Wink  sup wit dat M?   and had i known what time the ridgeline was coming back, i would have tried to hijack the load with 3 black civics.

Grin  looks good dude.  can't wait to get mine roadworthy.  and have some anti-cruise cruises 'round town.
javabug

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 20:53:24 pm »

Rough mock up:

Should be back in "permanently" by the end of the week.  Plumb the oil lines, wire the fuel pump, and we'll see what happens.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: