The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:13:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350756 Posts in 28586 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Window and door lock regulator clean and Lube...???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Window and door lock regulator clean and Lube...???  (Read 1941 times)
Kaferdog
DKK

« on: December 09, 2013, 09:57:48 am »

Can Anyone what works best to clean the sticky grease inside a window regulator & door lock mechanisms and what to re-grease it with ..Huh

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
Donny B.

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 17:30:40 pm »

I used aerosol carb cleaner along with high pressure air to clean it. If it's real thick grease I use a tooth brush as well.  Then used light penetrating oil (I use kroil) and dry moly powder to lube.  then I mounted it my vise and used my reversible electric drill to run it up and down.  Don't go to fast as you can damage it.

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Martin S.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 05:14:58 am »

Recently I dealt with a sticky drivers window regulator in our 65. I thought it was the regulator and had a replacement ready to go, but most of the problem was the felt channels below the sash that weren't tight into the metal channels. There also was some tar-like ooze coming from somewhere that was gripping the glass in the channels. I managed to clean out the channels with the glass dropped down, without replacing the felts and it worked smooth enough again. The alignment of the glass is critical too.

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 10:58:42 am »

Thanks Guys..!...Will give both a try.!

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: