The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:19:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Back to the basic cal-look story
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Back to the basic cal-look story  (Read 3284 times)
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« on: April 14, 2006, 07:45:08 am »

We all got to see cal-llok cars at diffrent eras and think that a lot of the people in the hobby thinks that the first impression is the only true way of buildig one. But hold your horses now we cn first handed listen to one of the founders of the cal-look from back in the day. Go to Volksbash radio and down load the interview with Ron Flemming. It is very interesting to hear his visions from back in the day (make the car lighter and change the interior and add as mouch HP as possible). Most of the information is a bout the pre feb 75 era. I do miss some info about the streeet racing days as street racing was so mouch part of Cal-look but i guess official media is not the place for being the guy who told the whole truth!! There is also interviews with Dyno Don, Muffler Mike and Clyde Berg that adds to the Cal-look puzzle and shows diffrent views of the thing!! Next week it is time for Gary Berg, also a big part of the 70's and the 80's. Happiness is a Hot VW!! 
Christoph

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 13:49:25 pm »

Thanks!

Here´s the link:
http://www.monksmedia.com/volksbash.php
Pekka

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 19:52:41 pm »

Thanks for the tip SOB, I enjoyed listening to Ron very much... he's a cool guy allright. I want to be racing VW's when I'm his age - hopefully sooner though  Grin

I sent the club a wire stating, "Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."

- Groucho Marx
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: