The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 00:56:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  My classic weekend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My classic weekend  (Read 2000 times)
draven898

« on: June 11, 2013, 03:29:29 am »

Wow, finally caught my breath from the weekend and just wanted to drop a few thoughts here while everything was fresh in my mind. First thing met rick m at the host hotel and chatted for a few, super nice guy. Thanks to the guys in dkp , ben,jose, carlos( long time buddies) stephan, fabien b, troy, robert,scott, tim, sarge, greg, dave, basically everyone for making it a weekend i will always remember. And the various cool people i met fabian dewar speedwell, the guys fron dkk at classic sunday. It was really what vws should be about cool people and sweet rides thanks all see you next year!

follow my instagram thecallook
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 15:45:17 pm »

It was a very cool weekend! I had my daughter Shanna fly in from Colorado to share the weekend with me. We had a great time too! Reminds me of why I loved this hobby when first engaging in it in 1970. Even saw friends I have not seen for years. The quality of the cars being built today continues to amaze me as the Cal Look lives on and the new stuff being done by Buddy Hale and Dan Lawson of CE continues to raise the bar.

A special thanks goes out to Scott of the DKP who squeezed my chop top into the parking area around NICK's.  I had no idea it filled up so early. I got into town in my cal look aroiund 11:30am, hit the host hotel and drove straight to NICKS.  It was already filled up at 1:30.  Will have to be a lot earlier next time. Look forward to 2014.

Rick Mortensen

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 16:39:05 pm »

We had a great time also! I was planning on skipping this years event, but then I thought I might be able to make a few bucks in the swap meet. I was right, did very well Smiley The drive out there was horrendous... 9 hours through the mid day desert heat in a split window bus with a 1600 and RGB's.... We left later on Sunday for the return trip, made better time (7h 45m) due to the lower temps. Not a single mechanical issue for the entire trip. Unless you call a cargo door flying open on the 405 freeway an issue Shocked

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
peejke

Keep it simple...

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 14:39:39 pm »

feeling sorry I had to pass this year... hopefully better luck next year.

way to much old shit at home, ...
'57 single cab, 1776 powered
'71 baywindow westy , 1835 powered
'54 oval ragtop , texas brown , stock as hell
flandria sport moped collection, other old mopeds, BSA A65 cafe racer, yamaha SR500 dirt tracker
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: