The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:42:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350777 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Outlaw Flat Four Invite European racers to Garys Picnic 31st May-1st June 2008
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Outlaw Flat Four Invite European racers to Garys Picnic 31st May-1st June 2008  (Read 15672 times)
Paul Bate

« on: March 10, 2008, 15:59:20 pm »

This year the Outlaws are inviting international racers to join them at Shakespeare County Raceway over the weekend of May 31st - June 1st 2008.
So, if you are an overseas racer and would like to race alongside the Outlaw Flat four club you should first apply via email to vwfastorange@aol.com including four images of your car (side profile, engine, under-bonnet and interior). Please be sure to keep each image below 500k if possible.
Should your entry be accepted, you will be sent further details explaining the safety requirements expected by Shakespeare County Raceway, and also information regarding half price admission for approved overseas contenders etc. Normal RWYB fee's will apply of £20.00 per day or £35.00 weekend for the race car.
For more information on the safety requirements of the track, please log on to www.outlawflatfour.co.uk where you’ll find a comrehensive 19-point safety list.
Should you have any specific safety questions please email the track scrutineer glennstockton@123thedowns.fsnet.co.uk  who will be happy to advise you.

Kind Regards Paul Bate Outlaw Flat Four

Instagram: flatfourperformance_vw

Real street since 1994 drive to the track race and drive home no bull !

11.49 Natually Aspirated
10.79 Nitrous

1960 lbs with driver!
Russell

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 00:06:03 am »

Paul

Try as i might, I cannot find the 19 point check list can you point me in the right direction please ?

THX

Best Regards

Russell
Udo

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 09:32:07 am »

I have found 16 on the shakespeare homepage  Smiley

Udo

Prowagen

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 14:20:20 pm »

So whats the verdict, how many guys coming from overseas?

Cheers,
Rob.
Udo

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 21:28:38 pm »

I booked a ferry . If i get everything work fine on my car next weekend i come with my racecar .

Udo

Ole

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 15:53:56 pm »

Count me in! Ferry booked, took the car to the track for a shakedown and everything looks fine  Cool

Saludos,

Ole

no cerveza?
no trabajo!
Prowagen

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 21:14:54 pm »

Would love to see your car there Udo, is one of my all time fav's.

Will be so cool seeing the Pink Panther on UK soil!!!!
Udo

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 22:39:41 pm »

Would love to see your car there Udo, is one of my all time fav's.

Will be so cool seeing the Pink Panther on UK soil!!!!

I hope so . The engine is running  , but next weekend i see if everything i changed on the engine works . New cam with no breakin on K-800's , setting the right jets....

Udo

ESH

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 13:59:12 pm »

... took the car to the track for a shakedown and everything looks fine...

...The engine is running...

Looking forward to seeing you over here, we'll have the kettle on. Hope everything's working well and if you need anything sorting out this end between no0w and then let me know.

Smiley
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 16:14:31 pm »

looking to pop over, which day is best sat or sun?

http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.com/eventdetails.asp?event=26

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
richie

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 17:28:57 pm »

looking to pop over, which day is best sat or sun?

http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.com/eventdetails.asp?event=26

More likely to be broken cars by sunday Shocked  WE are all pushing things to the limit and sometimes s**t happens so proberly saturday then,if you are definately going let me know and I bring that stuff up for you

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 18:14:05 pm »

cheers ritchie, will do.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
ESH

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 23:27:28 pm »

...looking to pop over, which day is best sat or sun...

...More likely to be broken cars by sunday ... so proberly saturday ...

On the other hand, more people with nothing much to do means there's more chance of a cup of tea...  Smiley

67worshipper

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 10:31:49 am »

you taking your car matt ive not had a close look at it Wink

vw hot rod heaven
ESH

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 14:02:32 pm »

...you taking your car matt ive not had a close look at it...

Though I have run it at a couple of the events on the Outlaw calendar in the past it's not at the majority of them. If it was likely to be a quiet weekend I might have thought about taking it but I'll be busy with things trackside and it would end up as a distraction from more important stuff. I'll have it out on the 1/4 sometime this year but I don't know where yet.

Smiley
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 14:26:55 pm »

Though I have run it at a couple of the events on the Outlaw calendar in the past it's not at the majority of them. If it was likely to be a quiet weekend I might have thought about taking it but I'll be busy with things trackside and it would end up as a distraction from more important stuff. I'll have it out on the 1/4 sometime this year but I don't know where yet.

Smiley
Just in case you've forgotten, the clutch pedal is on the left, the throttle on the right... Cheesy

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
67worshipper

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 20:30:21 pm »

thanks to keith for stating the obvious!! Cheesy what times have you run then matt?

vw hot rod heaven
ESH

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 08:52:54 am »

... what times have you run then matt? ...

Don't know yet...  Cheesy
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 10:33:22 am »

Weather's looking gooood Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
richie

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 22:07:11 pm »

Well another top weekend,thankyou to Ole and Udo for making the effort to come over and join us for the weekend,Udo sorry for the problems,hope you get it sorted soon,Ole as usual you car looked and performed the part,was great seeing it there with the nostalgia cars all around Smiley  I think a rematch is needed with Chris and you,both running 11.68 on saturday was cool Grin

Congratulations to all the outlaw PBs in no particular order,Daniel Dinnings,1st pass down the track ever on saturday and runs 12.2 and goes on to run 11.98 on the last pass of the day today,Chris Emmens in the Hembug,11.38,the smile said it all Cheesy  and James wotton     10.90 his first 10 and his effort in pulling the motor to swap out a clutch was worth it when it all came together Cheesy

Well done to all  Grin

cheers richie,uk

And the weather did its best Smiley 

Udo

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 23:54:17 pm »

It was a nice weekend and good to meet you all . Lots of racing and a lot of nice old cars . For me happend what i feared for , Pauter rockers with my soft material Gene Berg heads does not work , but it will be fixed for EBI with Berg rockers !

Udo

Prowagen

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 07:38:16 am »

Well done guys, Great to see Jim into the 10's thats a lot of outlaws in the 10 second mark now!

What was your best number Richie?

Cheers,
Rob.
Neil Davies

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 09:18:12 am »

And congratulations to Richie with another nine - "only" a 9.95, but a nine nonetheless! Grin Thats nine second passes at both tracks now!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
richie

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 10:15:34 am »

passes

Wink Smiley

cheers richie,uk

ESH

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 10:53:00 am »

... Well another top weekend,thankyou to Ole and Udo for making the effort to come over and join us for the weekend,Udo sorry for the problems,hope you get it sorted soon,Ole as usual you car looked and performed the part,was great seeing it there with the nostalgia cars all around Smiley  I think a rematch is needed with Chris and you,both running 11.68 on saturday was cool ...

I echo that, and yes Ole & Chris' run was a great race, nothing in it, a rematch is needed for sure.  Smiley

Congratulations to all the outlaw PBs in no particular order,Daniel Dinnings,1st pass down the track ever on saturday and runs 12.2 and goes on to run 11.98 on the last pass of the day today,Chris Emmens in the Hembug,11.38,the smile said it all Cheesy  and James wotton     10.90 his first 10 and his effort in pulling the motor to swap out a clutch was worth it when it all came together Cheesy 

Good first time race car there Daniel! Mrs Daisy's driver just got the sack and I think Chris has taken up rodeo!  Cool

... It was a nice weekend and good to meet you all . Lots of racing and a lot of nice old cars . For me happend what i feared for , Pauter rockers with my soft material Gene Berg heads does not work , but it will be fixed for EBI ...

See you at EBI, was a real shame to get hit with that whilst you were here but it was great to see you and thanks for travelling over here. It was great to have you and Ole over here. Good luck getting the car fixed up

Cool

Thats nine second passes at both tracks now!

I think that's both lanes of both tracks.

Smiley
SteveW

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 14:47:15 pm »

Congrats to all on there achievements at the weekend, it was great to catch up on sunday!

Steve
1961 Oldspeed Beetle
1970 Stock Beetle.
californiaspirit

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 15:08:36 pm »

very good week end,and thanks you has all members of outlaw flat four for their kindness Wink
james wotton

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 18:39:23 pm »

A big thank you to all the people have helped me run the number  Wink
just look at the data log from the run and it look's like I backed off @ the top little Roll Eyes
1.70 sixty foot there's a mid ten in there  Cool

well done to all the other p.b's and also our european visitors a great weekend.

cheers  james

9.91 @ 139.90
outlawflatfour 2010 and 2011 champion.
Udo

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 20:13:48 pm »

It would be nice if we get some more to this event next year . The track war realy good for beetles , rubber and not too much glue .

Pete was realy relaxt on Saturday evening because he did not have to fear i could beat him  Wink Cheesy

Udo
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 20:16:35 pm by Udo » Logged

Ole

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 20:50:00 pm »

Wow, what a weekend! Don't know where to start...

I want to thank all the Outlaws, they really gave Udo and me the feeling of beeing part of this kind family of airheads.

I fell in love with Avon Park Raceway from the beginning, I've been glad still wearing my shoes after we inspected the track on friday... Wink The track crew did a great job, there's been a downtime sunday morning due to the rain, but after lunchtime we could race again and I managed to make a 11.57 pass very close to my PB. I've never been on a glued track before, feeling the car hook up again in 2nd gear is just awesome...  Cool

Big fun was racing Chris in the HemBug, damn that was close! Sure we need to do a rematch at Chimay or DDD!

Then the french guys! They made all the way up from france just to visit the Outlaws racing at Avon Park... Now that's hardcore! Californiaspirit (here at the lounge) and your friends, you rock! Looking forward seeing you at EBI.

Too bad for all who had damages on their cars, specially Udo and Bernie, but like Bernie said, there's nothing without a reason. I'm sure they'll be back stronger than before.

An other highlight for me was to chat with the other drivers at the end of the track. I've always had a soft spot for front engine slingshots and we don't have too many here at Germany. Crazy Chris, the owner/driver of the backdraft slingshot told me his car was named Pink Panther between 1972 and 1974... Shocked I asked him if we could make a pass together but unfortunately he couldn't race on sunday due to technical problems. When I pushed my car to the line up on sunday he stopped me to get my car next to the backdraft to take some pictures. Believe me, I was happy at that moment, but when he asked me if I like to take a seat in his slingshot I was just blown away... Shocked Shocked Shocked I can't get that smile out of my face Grin

Saludos,
Ole

Edit: last but not least I want to thank my '79 Bay window for bringing me and the trailer more than 1100 miles to Stratford and back to Germany without any problems. Few things in life work as good as an aircooled VW... Wink

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 08:07:34 am by Ole » Logged

no cerveza?
no trabajo!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: