The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 12:21:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350791 Posts in 28592 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  UK - Genune 43k mile 1964 bug, original paint, may p/ex
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: UK - Genune 43k mile 1964 bug, original paint, may p/ex  (Read 1994 times)
jamiep_jamiep

« on: February 01, 2008, 10:00:11 am »

Hi all,

With total pain suffering and regret I offer my beloved bug up for sale (due to purchase of an Oval - can't keep both!).

the price is difficult to arrive at for something like this, I am putting it up at £4250 but I am open to offers. I would accept a  part ex, preferably something I could use as a daily driver but I am an whimsical fool of a man, so try me....

I bought this beetle last year off the original owners son (himself by now an old man).

The car is as mentioned a very low mileage car, with an original 43k miles on the clock. I have a FULL SERVICE HISTORY to back this up. The car was originally sold in 1964 by Buckley Brothers VW in Chesterton and remained in Leek until I mastered the longest negotiation in the history of car purchases to buy it...

Its condition is as follows:

Mechanical: As you would imagine with this kind of mileage, mechanically it very good and there are no problems I am aware of with the mechanics. It has had a 2" narrowed and lowered beam fitted up front, 356 chrome steelies and smart car tyres up front. the original solids (as in the picture above) are still wearing crossply tyres and come with the car, as does the original beam. Brakes work great, the tracking needs setting up (which I will get done before sale). I have just fitted new king & link pins for the front end when I  last MOT'd it in December. Its still running its original 6 volt eletrics, which at this time of year can be quite challenging - BUT its original! It has about 10 months MOT left on it.

Interior: INterior is near mint - paint on the dash, original switches, all perfect, the seats are perfect, headliner is perfect, original mats/carpets are good but there is some dog hairs from the previous owner that I can't get out of the carpet, and the tunnel mat has been cut to accomodate front seat belts (which are not now fitted).

Bodywork: I'll start with the paint as this is probably the worst aspect of the car - the garage this car was stored in had a wasps nest and the droppings (which are acidic) have eaten into the horizontal surfaces of the paint, mainly the roof and bonnet. The vertical bits (the sides of the doors, front & rear qtrs - perfect, original & shiny! The front wings both have had rust and been poorly repaired by the old gent who owned it before - bit o' filler at the leading edge of the wings at the front and what appears to be brished on paint! They are both very repairable, which would be worth it as they are the originals! All other panels are perfect (apart from the afore mentioned paint problem).  

This car NEEDS to be viewed to appreciate the true condition - its an amazing survivor still wearing its original paint & panels. It will be in the for sale section at DubFreeze for any viewings, or you can come and have a look at it before in Newcastle under Lyme (North Staffordshire).

I can also return the car to standard should someone want it that way - like this:

Or like this:

Nor does it need any welding!!

A picture to try to describe the damage to the paint:

alex d

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 10:03:19 am »

is that colour L360 Sea blue? that was the original color of my 64, but yours has the steering in the wrong side Tongue
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 11:08:27 am »

It sure is, as attested by the original sticker under the bonnet (the paint and petrol tank etc. all looks like new - it looks like a NOS wiring loom too)!

I have to be honest I was not a fan of the colour when I first had the car, but it really has grown on me - it looks varying shades of green or blue depending on the level of light outside....

Oi! The steerings the RIGHT way round on this baby!

Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 18:04:29 pm »

It sure is, as attested by the original sticker under the bonnet (the paint and petrol tank etc. all looks like new - it looks like a NOS wiring loom too)!

I have to be honest I was not a fan of the colour when I first had the car, but it really has grown on me - it looks varying shades of green or blue depending on the level of light outside....

Oi! The steerings the RIGHT way round on this baby!

Remember "Left is right... right is wrong!" Grin Grin

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: