The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 20:10:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Tyre shake and drifting, 1st pass back out
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tyre shake and drifting, 1st pass back out  (Read 2935 times)
richie

« on: July 05, 2016, 07:44:03 am »

After my minor incident at Main event I fixed everything, and car was ready for another routing, so took car to santa pod test day last week.

I was looking for some nice straight passes to check all was good but combination of cold track and new slicks made the 1st pass a little lively
You don't often see tyre shake on a VW so I thought I would share the video so all can see the affects, when this happens the pass really is done but sometimes instinct takes over and you run it longer than you should hence the drifting Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYCswlCBjCY

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
stretch

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 07:57:41 am »

Having never experienced tyre shake (and I never will), how much can you feel it in the car?

I know at Santa Pod i've been there when the fuel cars are running and the commentators always say how violent it is, was it the same in your car?  Fair play, keeping your foot in, i'd have given up before 1st gear was over.   Wink
richie

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 08:23:39 am »

Having never experienced tyre shake (and I never will), how much can you feel it in the car?

I know at Santa Pod i've been there when the fuel cars are running and the commentators always say how violent it is, was it the same in your car?  Fair play, keeping your foot in, i'd have given up before 1st gear was over.   Wink

I knew it happened as I could feel it, this was the worse I have had but its not anything like on the scale they experience in a fuel car, they are supposed to black out momentarily when they get it bad Shocked

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 09:56:21 am »

I knew it happened as I could feel it, this was the worse I have had but its not anything like on the scale they experience in a fuel car, they are supposed to black out momentarily when they get it bad Shocked

cheers Richie

Eric Medlen was literally shaken to death. The deflating tire caused an 18-inch movement up and down, which then exerted a force of 40,000 or more pounds as it rotated. So YES you can feel it!

A really nicely built nitrous pro mod shook the tires so badly at a race here in Norway that they had to get parts of the chassis re-welded and of course re-certified.

-BB-

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Dave Harryman

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 18:00:55 pm »

glad to hear the car is fixed , looks good brother ! ........... cool vid too
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:33:55 am by Dave Harryman » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: