The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:43:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350748 Posts in 28584 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  SCC 2009 !!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: SCC 2009 !!!  (Read 167327 times)
Frodo

Life's too short to dance with ugly women!

« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2009, 20:13:59 pm »

Something for the "Facebookers" in here:  http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=107965550537&ref=mf

Member of TVWK and Rüsters VW
nicolas

« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2009, 14:22:03 pm »

Jesus, that sounds great Smiley

Lee, if you haven't got a copy of the D2 article all ready - PM me your address, and I'll send you a copy.

hey saw the article this weekend and it looks like my ratlook type3 is also in there... can someone help me with a copy as well. that would be great. great pics in that article btw.

EspenX

« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2009, 07:31:19 am »

PM me your address nicolas, and I'll see if I can dig up another copy. The newspaper is moving to a new location this Easter so I can't guarrantee you one - not sure if extra copies will be spared Smiley

If not, all the pictures from the article (and some that weren't published) are all found here. http://www.dn.no/bilder/article1595961.ece?start=0
Jesus

« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2009, 20:10:24 pm »

Chris has made it official Cheesy

http://www.ultimatestreetbays.co.uk/news.html

@secondcomingsinglecab on Instagram
Second Coming Single Cab on Facebook
holmsen

« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2009, 07:33:32 am »

Grin by the 16. of august i`ll promise there will be several norwegians on that list of fast bays,,and i will no longer have Norways fastest bus. 

BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2009, 08:44:38 am »

Grin by the 16. of august i`ll promise there will be several norwegians on that list of fast bays,,and i will no longer have Norways fastest bus. 

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Shocking news!

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Mags

2,2L 577Hk.

« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2009, 09:24:00 am »

Jan you think this car

http://www.vwnorge.no/index.php/topic,1110.0.html
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 09:25:58 am by Mags » Logged
holmsen

« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2009, 17:23:27 pm »

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Shocking news!

Reality Kalle,,,as long as i am not going the hair dryer path, i am sure i will get my ass kicked.
And mags,,yes that "racebus" is one of my favorites taking home the trophy,, scc 2009 fastest bus.
But in 4 months and 3 days we know  Grin
Mags

2,2L 577Hk.

« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2009, 22:30:51 pm »

will this car be there Wink
JS

« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2009, 00:04:08 am »

Will Pete "1776cc-wheelstand-on-og-brm´s" Shattock be at SCC??? WOW!  Shocked Grin

Signature.
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2009, 02:23:15 am »

Well i just got back from being away all week.

And i just find a Brown Flag on my door step. Grin

Hahaha your killing me.........
SteveW

« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2009, 08:49:20 am »

We didn't think we could make SCC however we may be able too!
Can someone confirm the mileage from Calais? Or if there is a better ferry? As we would be bringing the bug!
Thanks!

Adele

Steve
1961 Oldspeed Beetle
1970 Stock Beetle.
ESH

« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2009, 09:55:57 am »

... Can someone confirm the mileage from Calais? Or if there is a better ferry ...

It's something like 1250 (miles) but there are a few alternatives. One would be the Ferry from Newcastle to Stavanger which lands you a days drive from the track.  Smiley

http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/
JS

« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2009, 10:57:08 am »

We didn't think we could make SCC however we may be able too!
Can someone confirm the mileage from Calais? Or if there is a better ferry? As we would be bringing the bug!
Thanks!

Adele

Steve&Adele that is truly awesome news, had a look at your car at vowo, stunning!!!  Shocked
If there is anything I can do to help please don´t hesitate to contact me!

Check out this link: http://www.sccevent.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=2
There´s a couple of options on how to get there.

We did the Fredrikshavn - Oslo ferry when going to EBI1, very nice since you arrive in Oslo in the morning fresh and completely rested. At a cost of course...
Last year when travelling to EBI2 we did the Puttgarden - Rødby ferry(45 min) and drove the whole trip in one sitting.
Took us 22 hours with car and trailer. No problem really, put I wouldn´t have gone racing afterwards!  Smiley

The Oslo - Chimay trip is about 1500km, not sure how much longer Oslo - Calais is, but no more than 1600.

Signature.
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2009, 13:10:07 pm »

... Can someone confirm the mileage from Calais? Or if there is a better ferry ...

It's something like 1250 (miles) but there are a few alternatives. One would be the Ferry from Newcastle to Stavanger which lands you a days drive from the track.  Smiley

It would have been a nice option and they could tag along with us driving from Stavanger.... but.. the strech from Newcastle to Stavanger does not exist anymore. I'm still hoping it will pop back now with the new terminal etc. to have a short trip to the UK this year.. but...

BTW. Looking very much forward to seeing your car up close Adele!
See you there :-)

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2009, 13:41:08 pm »

It's something like 1250 (miles) but there are a few alternatives.

1223miles to be exact  Wink

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Adele AW

« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2009, 18:19:44 pm »

Steve&Adele that is truly awesome news, had a look at your car at vowo, stunning!!!  Shocked
If there is anything I can do to help please don´t hesitate to contact me!

Thanks, im going to take a look now! I seem to remember a little while ago when we looked at possible coming that there was a commercial freighter going to  Lincolnshire to Norway! Crazy, but going to see if it is still available!

** Edit, just found it on your Site, ferry from Immingham !! Hmm, taking a look now! Does anyone know how far a drive it is from there to SCC ?

Thanks Smiley

It would have been a nice option and they could tag along with us driving from Stavanger.... but.. the strech from Newcastle to Stavanger does not exist anymore. I'm still hoping it will pop back now with the new terminal etc. to have a short trip to the UK this year.. but...

BTW. Looking very much forward to seeing your car up close Adele!
See you there :-)

Thanks Matt, Trond, again going to have a look now at what is available, and also see how many days we would need off work !  Shocked

Adele
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 18:24:39 pm by Adele AW » Logged

O/FF 621
Adele AW

« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2009, 19:26:15 pm »

Ok, i have done some homework andi have pretty much answered all of the questions i asked, so sorry Smiley

Right i have found 2 ferries, one from Immingham ( Grimsby for you southerners!! ) to Brevik, and Immingham to Gotherburg. By my calculation Gotherburg to Gardermoen is around 190 miles.

There is a ferry (food and cabin included) from Immingham departing Thursday 0400 arriving Gothenburg 08am Friday, just in time to drive up to the track.
The Brevik one is 42 hours, but i dont think its worth it as its still a 2 hour journey to the track ? plus Ferry goes out Wed, day earlier !

Just working out the prices now, but if we were to drive alone ie across europe it would be around £650 in fuel, let alone the other ferries !

Plus this way, Immingham is only an hour or so from where we live Smiley

Oh we may have 2 spare places if anyone does not mind a 28 hour ferry, and a short car journey either side ??

O/FF 621
JS

« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2009, 19:40:13 pm »

Gothenburg - SCC is a very nice trip, very good roads and not too much traffic!

Signature.
Adele AW

« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2009, 19:50:31 pm »

Gothenburg - SCC is a very nice trip, very good roads and not too much traffic!

Excellent, Thanks. Well providing Holiday at work is sorted and the price for the Ferry is well... Easier on the purse ( have emailed for a quote) then hopefully we can be there Smiley

O/FF 621
Lee.C

« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2009, 19:58:07 pm »

Ok, i have done some homework andi have pretty much answered all of the questions i asked, so sorry Smiley

Right i have found 2 ferries, one from Immingham ( Grimsby for you southerners!! ) to Brevik, and Immingham to Gotherburg. By my calculation Gotherburg to Gardermoen is around 190 miles.

There is a ferry (food and cabin included) from Immingham departing Thursday 0400 arriving Gothenburg 08am Friday, just in time to drive up to the track.
The Brevik one is 42 hours, but i dont think its worth it as its still a 2 hour journey to the track ? plus Ferry goes out Wed, day earlier !

Just working out the prices now, but if we were to drive alone ie across europe it would be around £650 in fuel, let alone the other ferries !

Plus this way, Immingham is only an hour or so from where we live Smiley

Oh we may have 2 spare places if anyone does not mind a 28 hour ferry, and a short car journey either side ??

Hmmmm Very interesting dude - I might join you on that ferry in the Manx and then drive home back through europe  Smiley

JS

« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2009, 20:07:24 pm »

Hmmmm Very interesting dude - I might join you on that ferry in the Manx and then drive home back through europe  Smiley

Chicken.  Cheesy

Signature.
Lee.C

« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2009, 20:12:05 pm »

Chicken.  Cheesy

Give me a break I was just thinking about it  Wink Smiley

richie

« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2009, 20:33:17 pm »

Would this be the time for me to tell everyone that Frank flat towed your buggy all the way to Norway then you just drove the last 50 miles  Shocked Wink Cheesy

cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Lee.C

« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2009, 20:38:11 pm »

Would this be the time for me to tell everyone that Frank flat towed your buggy all the way to Norway then you just drove the last 50 miles  Shocked Wink Cheesy

cheers richie

Shhhhh  Wink anyway 50 miles was about all I could do between fill ups Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jesus

« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2009, 22:13:12 pm »

Cheesy

I know it's a bit late in the game, but we are doing dover-dunkirque and then driving to copanhagen where we get a ferry to Oslo, think we are pretty much on the same route as Martin.

So Excited about this already and its still months to go Cheesy

@secondcomingsinglecab on Instagram
Second Coming Single Cab on Facebook
JS

« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2009, 12:16:00 pm »

Website update, check out www.sccevent.comGrin

Signature.
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2009, 07:29:37 am »

Another update on the website www.sccevent.com and in the webshop!

And it`s a "must have!" Wink

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2009, 08:11:19 am »

Can someone out there in Scandanavia tell me what is the best way to travel from Gothenburg, Sweden to the area near SCC in Norway and/or perhaps somewhere west of there, so that I could possibly catch up with some of the people doing the pre-event "tour" in the days before?

Anything "tricky" about renting a car in Sweden and drving in/out/around Norway?

Thanks!
--Eric
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 08:18:39 am by Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW) » Logged

Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2009, 09:57:07 am »

Eric, you will have no trouble with driving a Swedish rental car over the border. But there is also a excellent train connection from Gothenburg to SCC (Oslo International Airport).
I also know there will be people from the Gothenburg region racing at SCC. Send me a PM if you want to get in touch with them  Wink

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: