The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 16:49:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350702 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  help needed throttle linkage
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: help needed throttle linkage  (Read 2636 times)
vintagewagenwerks

« on: June 02, 2011, 20:21:12 pm »

Hey guys ,i need some help with my throttle linkage from the caburators.I was adjusting this the whole afternoon .

My problem is ,when you have hot wheather and the oil temperatur reaches 85 to 90 degrees celsius ,the idle comes very slow down .

Only hard pulling gaspedal for a short time brings it down faster,while driving from 3000 rpm to the next gear the idle slows down very slowly.only taking hard springs to the linkage can turn this problem off.

Today i tried many combinations for adjusting with springs and thei positions etc. now with only one spring and adjusting the ignition a bit back i can run fine but not perfect.Can someone give me an advice for this problem the throttle linkage is a cheap one from B.A.S ahnendorp.

The gas pedal is still pushing hard but it runs much better,can i fix the problem with a better that have roller bearings?

Itīs better to burn out than to fade away.
vintagewagenwerks

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 22:36:03 pm »

After reserching in the internet ,i even changed the position of the spring on a levers head of the middle turning point ,now the gas pedal is working more smooth ,the temperature outside was colder and the car works fine by 70 degrees celsius oiltemperature.

Taylor

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 06:50:08 am »

What kind of carbs. Are we working with here?
tonybone

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 09:56:21 am »

Hi.

Are you sure that its the linkage not returning? You mentioned that retarding your ignition helps bring the RPM down faster>?? This probably indicates that you have a carby issue or jetting issue. If you have an air leak at the manifold it will run lean as you back off the gas. Likewise try richening up the idle mixture screws a bit and see if this helps.
If you do feel its a linkage problem there will be many places to look. It could be a bad throttle cable which is not running free in the tube, or its been over lubed with grease which in effect make the cable lazy to return. I would disconnect the linkage from the cable and manually open the linkage and see how it returns. If its returning back to the throttle stop screws but the revs stay high and slowly drop down then for sure its a lean mixture.

Hope this helps.
vintagewagenwerks

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 12:56:05 pm »

I have 48 webers IDF on the engine , ia also disconected all parts from the linkage and gave them new grease ,Caburators are brand new just a half year old.Maybe i try to trim the idle like you said .I will report about,if it gonna fixed with this.Thanks. Smiley

vintagewagenwerks

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 19:47:33 pm »

@tonybone: Thanks for your advice the richening of the idle mixture brought the success.#the idle rpm comes múch quicker down than before maybe i set it to rich because the engine is bucking a little bit at 2500 to 3000 by use the gaspedal a quarter but runs super fast on and so my second problem with reaching the high rpm 6000 and more is solved.Now i can feel my drag engine ,thank you so much fella.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: