The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 01:48:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  velocity stags
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: velocity stags  (Read 2357 times)
vintagewagenwerks

« on: August 11, 2011, 18:48:54 pm »

Is someone use velocity stags with out aircleaners in normal streetuse? I explained about doing this but i think it woll not good for the engine and carburators getting in all the dust .Can someone share his experience with this.

Itīs better to burn out than to fade away.
Jesus

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 07:24:27 am »

I haven't run air cleaners for years now and not had any issues but i think it's safer in a bus than a bug due to the way the air cirulates down the rear vents, the bigger bits end up sat in my battery trays rather than getting anywhere near the intake.

@secondcomingsinglecab on Instagram
Second Coming Single Cab on Facebook
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 07:35:27 am »

I haven't run air cleaners for years now and not had any issues but i think it's safer in a bus than a bug due to the way the air cirulates down the rear vents, the bigger bits end up sat in my battery trays rather than getting anywhere near the intake.

Have you taken the engine apart and had a close look on your cylinder walls? If not, then I can understand why you do not use filters.

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Jesse/DVK

'64 2176cc

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 08:59:08 am »

Why not use the foam type filter? You can take them off easily at a meeting to show those stacks Smiley

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
vintagewagenwerks

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 19:42:46 pm »

mhh .the dust destroys the cylinder and pistons maybe close the oil channels so i think when i read your replies
 Huh

Itīs better to burn out than to fade away.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: