The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 18:27:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350702 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Phoenix slicks - where to get in Europe?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Phoenix slicks - where to get in Europe?  (Read 5300 times)
valtteri

« on: June 19, 2012, 11:40:35 am »

I am looking to buy 26.0x6.0x15 Phoenix slicks (http://www.jegs.com/i/Phoenix+Drag+Tires/932/PH364/10002/-1) and Front Runners (http://www.jegs.com/i/Phoenix-Drag-Tires/932/PH426/10002/-1), but Jegs quotes me at a whopping $498 for shipping to Finland.

Does anyone know if there is a supplier for Phoenix tires in Northern Europe?

Thanks,
Valtteri
richie

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 12:07:31 pm »

We have the 24 tall front runners,not the 22 you listed,we can get the 22s, but the slicks have been out of stock for about 18months now,everytime we get near the "shipped on" date,they move another 6-8 weeks back.
I would recomand thinking about another brand as I dont believe they[phoenix] will make the size we use again,the market for it is just to small

cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
valtteri

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 12:22:10 pm »

The customer service at Jegs said it would take them about 10-14 days to get the slicks ready for shipment, which I assume would mean they're sure they could still get them. I sent them another query asking them to double-check availability - I'll post their reply here.

I am trying to preserve the factory-spec stock appearance of my split window bug and really would need the narrowest slick I can find. I want the car to look as unassuming as possible and the wider the slick, the less unassuming it'll be.  Smiley
Neil Davies

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 12:50:09 pm »

There are a pair for sale on here though, if you can't get hold of a set new. http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,18687.0.html Worth a look?

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
valtteri

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 12:51:44 pm »

Thanks, I already checked them out and they seem to be the wider W-version. I'm really adamant about minimal tread width so they're a no-go.  Sad
richie

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 13:23:29 pm »

The customer service at Jegs said it would take them about 10-14 days to get the slicks ready for shipment, which I assume would mean they're sure they could still get them. I sent them another query asking them to double-check availability - I'll post their reply here.

I am trying to preserve the factory-spec stock appearance of my split window bug and really would need the narrowest slick I can find. I want the car to look as unassuming as possible and the wider the slick, the less unassuming it'll be.  Smiley

I have got as far as they[jegs] taking my money as they "definately will have them next week" but after 6 weeks waiting I got a refund,
hopefully you will have better luck,we did manage to find one pair of the narrow version and one pair of the W version last year by searching the net,there are proberly more sitting in garages that have never been used

cheers richie

richie

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 12:15:51 pm »

Did you manage to get any? they moved our order back another 6 weeks before they will have any,the day they were supposed to have stock

cheers richie

valtteri

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 18:31:56 pm »

Did you manage to get any? they moved our order back another 6 weeks before they will have any,the day they were supposed to have stock

cheers richie

I finally got word from Jegs, after a couple of emails of harassing them for an answer, and they said they are no longer available with no future availability date. Now I don't know where Jegs placed their inquiries but I'm presuming Coker Tires who seems to have bought the Phoenix brand. I've emailed Coker Tires myself and had a local speedshop contact them as well, but now I'm on holiday and will not check my work email from which I made the enquiry. Smiley

It looks pretty bad though but I'll let you know if Coker decides to answer me.
valtteri

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 08:30:31 am »

For anyone who is looking for the Phoenix PH364 26x6x15 slicks, Pierside Parts in the US can get them. They list them at their website (http://www.piersideparts.net/932-PH364.html) and when I emailed them, they said they could get them from their East Coast supplier. I was sceptical at first but placed an order anyways.

Yesterday Fedex actually brought them to my door so I can confirm they are still available through Pierside Parts. My guess is their supplier has n pairs of them in stock and can supply them for as long they have them.

It would be interesting to know how old my pair is. Upon initial inspection there doesn't seem to be any stamps/markings on manufacturing date. They feel really sticky though. Smiley
richie

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 10:44:54 am »

For anyone who is looking for the Phoenix PH364 26x6x15 slicks, Pierside Parts in the US can get them. They list them at their website (http://www.piersideparts.net/932-PH364.html) and when I emailed them, they said they could get them from their East Coast supplier. I was sceptical at first but placed an order anyways.

Yesterday Fedex actually brought them to my door so I can confirm they are still available through Pierside Parts. My guess is their supplier has n pairs of them in stock and can supply them for as long they have them.

It would be interesting to know how old my pair is. Upon initial inspection there doesn't seem to be any stamps/markings on manufacturing date. They feel really sticky though. Smiley

Excellent,glad you managed to get some,thankyou for the update

cheers richie

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: