The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 14:59:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350712 Posts in 28581 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Ida flooding
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ida flooding  (Read 3361 times)
jay c

« on: September 11, 2016, 17:55:48 pm »

Hi. Hope someone can help.
When I turn my fuel pump on , the left carb starts to piss fuel down the auxiliary venturi. The right carb is fine. Fuel pressure is set at 3 psi.
Also float heights have been checked and double checked, needle valve height has been checked and tried a new needle valve. Both carbs are set up exactly the same but it's just the left that has this problem.
Am I missing something obvious
Thanks jay
Bruce

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 06:46:03 am »

yes, the gauge you're using to set your pressure is junk.

When your pressure is too high, it will usually only leak in one carb.  That's because when the inlet valve gets unseated, the pressure drops.  IOW, every valve will take a slightly different pressure to leak. The lesser of the two.
DWL_Puavo

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 07:21:00 am »

Check the needle valve with carb top removed and turned upside down, with your current fuel pressure. Then it's clearly visible where it's leaking. I found one quite elusive flood problem as the fiber washer under the needle valve was cracked in a way that wasn't just visible.
chateau la fete

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 11:51:01 am »

Needle valve stuck open (may have a small piece of debris in it)
Float split (filling up with fuel) or stuck as to not shut off the needle valve

Udo

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 16:56:28 pm »

Hi. Hope someone can help.
When I turn my fuel pump on , the left carb starts to piss fuel down the auxiliary venturi. The right carb is fine. Fuel pressure is set at 3 psi.
Also float heights have been checked and double checked, needle valve height has been checked and tried a new needle valve. Both carbs are set up exactly the same but it's just the left that has this problem.
Am I missing something obvious
Thanks jay

Do you have a ball Valve ? This mostly happens on those and check the float hight

Udo

jay c

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 22:39:21 pm »

Thanks for your replies. Will be checking the carb over at the weekend. You've given me a few things to check especially checking the sealing of the fibre washer under pressure. Hopefully something easy to find.
Thanks Jay
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: