The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 14:10:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350767 Posts in 28589 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Urethane rear grommets or no ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Urethane rear grommets or no ?  (Read 2076 times)
DKO

« on: January 04, 2010, 18:09:26 pm »

About time i changed my stock rear grommets. I have read that the red urethane (bugpack,empi) bushes can bind up. Also read the Hot VWs article and seems they need some work to fit properly. I have sway-a-way rear spring plates (non adjustable) )but i'm sure bugpack do a black polyurethane softer compund in that size,as well as the harder reds.  I also see SACO sell Delrin bushes (yellow) which they say are better than the red urethane (they do those too) as they don't break down so quick and gall up. However a quick look and lots of complaints about derlin being too hard when used for other suspension components
Car is full weight,2332,CSP truss bar,koni shocks etc and is 90% street driven with the occassional blast up the 1/4. I want an easy install, and something that lasts with shaking or squeaking me or the car to death !
Help me out folks. thanks
richie

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 19:49:33 pm »

I used the red bugpack version for several years,fitted with about 10mins work on them,didnt bind and I was happy with the result,I also have sway a way non adjustable spring plates.I would fit them again without doubt

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
DKO

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 16:46:25 pm »

very useful,thanks for your input.
pupjoint

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 23:35:38 pm »

do checkout the Performance Energy Graphite Impreganted bushes. Topline sells them and come in 2 hardness grade. Havent fitted mine though.

I tried the Bugpack Red ones, dint like them, couldnt get German OEM ones here, so i bought some of the Topline ones.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: