The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:17:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350755 Posts in 28586 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Exhaust balancing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Exhaust balancing  (Read 1934 times)
Andy Sykes

« on: December 22, 2013, 19:55:14 pm »

Hi

I'm I'm going to run twin turbo no advantage I know but I am just because, I see some cars have a ballance pipe between banks I know I don't need that. But my wideband has 1 sensor per cylinder and a back pressure sensor to adjust for that so I need to put a small link tube between banks or do you think I should be ok fitting to just one bank as in theory the back pressure should be the same ?

Cheers Andy

I love the haters they make me famous.

im building this not just putting parts together, they are two totally different things

Your only here once turn it up to 11
Airspeed

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 11:56:28 am »

Not only the back pressure would be the same between banks, but also adding a cross-over pipe will divert and put unwanted exhaust pulses to the opposing cylinder during spool-up.
After 3-4K, it won;t make much difference anymore, but I think it will hurt spool-up a little. So personally, I really see no advantages in doing a cross-over pipe on your set-up. Only possible disadvantages.

You run two 600hp turbo's right? (GTX3576 iirc?). Will be intered to hear at where they spool-up on a 3 liter. Would be like one of those on a 1,5ltr. Or is the engine bigger?

Cheers!
Walter

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
10.58 @ 130 mph (2/9/2022 Santa Pod)
Andy Sykes

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 21:05:25 pm »

Hi Wally

Thanks for confirming my thought the turbos guys think the will spool at 5.5 k but we will see and yes they are the turbos

Cheers Andy

I love the haters they make me famous.

im building this not just putting parts together, they are two totally different things

Your only here once turn it up to 11
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: