The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 00:31:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350757 Posts in 28587 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Coming home again…
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: Coming home again…  (Read 45777 times)
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #180 on: June 12, 2009, 08:50:00 am »

VERY COOL!

Great to see it back where it belongs, on the street! Well done to all involved getting it there....
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 09:31:17 am by kaferboy » Logged

Neil Davies

« Reply #181 on: June 12, 2009, 09:13:33 am »

Superb! Looks ace, especially with the black trim! Smiley

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #182 on: June 12, 2009, 09:51:54 am »

People that make showstoppers and car's that stand out has a special personality... they are always looking for ways to improve their car or latest projects... They are in fact never happy what they have done previously, because they know they can do better!
It goes without saying that if these guys gets one of their cars back, they are looking to do it better than the first time. That means CHANGING the car... to actually preserve history you need a new type of owner, someone with respect for the history, like Russel.
The ancient city of Pompeii, Italy was covered in lava in the year 79... that's the only reason we now can look at in a 100% unchanged state...  so in short Russel is the Cal-look worlds Mount Vesuvius!!  Cool

Thank god there are people that break all the "rules" and preserve things EXACTLY as they are... If every last man on earth cleaned up after him there would be no history left at all!
I think it helps being surrounded by man built structures more than 2000 years old since you were a toddler... you get respect for old things... My next town was around in 872... and Mc Donalds arrived in 1994 Wink

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
vwcab

peter

« Reply #183 on: June 12, 2009, 09:57:55 am »

Nice ride Russell and have fun overthere guys.  Cool

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
ESH

« Reply #184 on: June 12, 2009, 10:24:17 am »

Is that the car wash that the bees cruised down to?  Shocked  Cheesy

Nice work.  Cool
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #185 on: June 12, 2009, 13:13:31 pm »

i don't believe that one of my 5 ghia call look still run today , and look great  Cool Cool Cool

awesome job guys  Cool

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Russell

« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2009, 14:10:09 pm »

People that make showstoppers and car's that stand out has a special personality... they are always looking for ways to improve their car or latest projects... They are in fact never happy what they have done previously, because they know they can do better!
It goes without saying that if these guys gets one of their cars back, they are looking to do it better than the first time. That means CHANGING the car... to actually preserve history you need a new type of owner, someone with respect for the history, like Russel.
The ancient city of Pompeii, Italy was covered in lava in the year 79... that's the only reason we now can look at in a 100% unchanged state...  so in short Russel is the Cal-look worlds Mount Vesuvius!!  Cool

Thank god there are people that break all the "rules" and preserve things EXACTLY as they are... If every last man on earth cleaned up after him there would be no history left at all!
I think it helps being surrounded by man built structures more than 2000 years old since you were a toddler... you get respect for old things... My next town was around in 872... and Mc Donalds arrived in 1994 Wink

Grin Thank you

See you tonight Frenchy, Ill be driving a yellow ghia.

Best Regards

Russell
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #187 on: June 12, 2009, 16:18:30 pm »

please bring it to EBI3
richie

« Reply #188 on: June 12, 2009, 20:19:55 pm »

Maybe monday i can finally get some sleep Shocked Smiley 

But it has been really good fun getting this done,and it has turned out looking really good,but not overdone like a resto might have turned out Roll Eyes  Which in my opinion it didnt need Smiley

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #189 on: June 12, 2009, 22:37:39 pm »

Grin Thank you

You're welcome Wink

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #190 on: June 12, 2009, 23:21:44 pm »

Maybe monday i can finally get some sleep Shocked Smiley 

But it has been really good fun getting this done,and it has turned out looking really good,but not overdone like a resto might have turned out Roll Eyes  Which in my opinion it didnt need Smiley

cheers richie,uk

Good work dude - Just needs Anodized fuchs  Wink

P.S No offence ment Russ - I was just surprised thats all  Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
richie

« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2009, 03:15:37 am »

[

It didnt have them back in the 70s/early 80s in its original form with Doug so why now? thats was my point,where possible we tryed to replace what was missing with the correct parts,not always possible but thats life Smiley   It didnt need restoring to something it never was Shocked

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2009, 03:27:17 am »

[

It didnt have them back in the 70s/early 80s in its original form with Doug so why now? thats was my point,where possible we tryed to replace what was missing with the correct parts,not always possible but thats life Smiley   It didnt need restoring to something it never was Shocked

cheers richie,uk

Yeah I know it didn't I just mentioned it earlier in the thread and a few others agreed - you no me I just love those anodized fuchs  Wink

it is cool it was in such good shape - sounds really cool in the vid  - The stance is perfect - deffinetly in my top ten cal lookers  Grin

Also this comment "P.S No offence ment Russ - I was just surprised thats all" was ment about the whole buying issue  Roll Eyes again I was just surprised  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 03:34:57 am by monkiboy » Logged

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: