The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 21:56:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350701 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Vee Dub Parts Unlimited has changed their name to Pierside Parts Unlimited
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Vee Dub Parts Unlimited has changed their name to Pierside Parts Unlimited  (Read 11480 times)
Susy

PowderPuff VW Racing Rocks

« on: May 12, 2012, 02:27:02 am »

As of may 7th, 2012.

Vee Dub Parts Unlimited is CHANGING their name to Pierside Parts Unlimited and the website address to www.PiersideParts.net

We have the same location in Huntington Beach California, same phone #, same knowledgeable employees, and all the best parts and accessories for Volkswagen cars we have had for more than 30 YEARS!

To celebrate our new name we will be sending a Free hat... with orders over $100.00. Check out our amazing website for super easy ordering online.
For all your Air-Cooled Parts and Accessories for Volkswagen cars, go to Pierside Parts Unlimited.

NEW WEBSITE ADDRESS:
www.piersideparts.net

p.s. We are waiting on the hats so we won't be able to include the free hat for approx another week, sorry.

I'm working on a new facebook page also,(this one has too many friends, we are maxxed out) please check for Pierside Parts, I will be adding content asap.

Thank you!! Greg

www.PiersideParts.net
Pierside Parts Unlimited: is your online ecommerce source for quality Dune Buggy and aircooled vw parts. We supply the parts and support you need for maintenance, customization, or restoration. ..

MSH Racing
1970 Karmann Ghia
Type 1 - 2400cc  48 IDA's - 12 Second Street Car - Pump Gas
PowderPuff VW Racing Coordinator
2009 & 2010 Series Two PowderPuff Champion
Dan Ahrendt

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 06:31:54 am »

Thanks for this Info !
Vee Dub parts / Pierside Parts Unlimited is a very good company with very fast shipping to germany  Grin

Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 08:08:29 am »

My #1 supplier :-)

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Fast Bug

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 09:54:15 am »

Also my #1 US supplier. Great service and prices for us europeans Wink
Cornpanzer

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 13:47:08 pm »

Good company with 25+ years of valuable name recognition. Shame to lose that.
Did it change ownership?

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Susy

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 15:27:07 pm »

No - the owner is still the same.  Everything is still the same except for the name! 

MSH Racing
1970 Karmann Ghia
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 10:19:53 am »

Sounds like VWoA didn't like the name?

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Russell

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 11:16:00 am »

Yes sound like it VW Paradise have also changed there name to Paradise racing i think.

Best Regards

Russell
deano

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 16:16:21 pm »

Yes sound like it VW Paradise have also changed there name to Paradise racing i think.
Paradise Motorsports will be their new name....

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 18:55:02 pm »

Sounds like VWoA didn't like the name?

YES!
VWoA's campaign to influence businesses to eliminate their projected identities toward the Volkswagen moniker continues! Must be going on close to 20 years now!
The original name of our business was 'Beetlemania' up until the early 90's when we were 'contacted'.
With VW's encouragement, we held a contest for our customers to come up with a new name for the shop, and thus Motormania was born.
Still have the original, hand-painted sign on the wall inside!

They don't like it when one uses VW, Volkswagen, Beetle, Bug or any other forms of their trademarks in names or advertisements, whether printed or otherwise. Wink

Business goes on ... work, Work, WORK! LOL
TxT

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
Susy

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 20:45:39 pm »

Business does go on as usual!  We are not going to let anyone bring us down.  Same company - same owner - same good people - same customer service, and all with a good attitude and smile!

Life is way too short, and one never knows what is around the corner.

Susy

MSH Racing
1970 Karmann Ghia
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 22:25:42 pm »

Pardon my french, but what a bunch of cocksuckers. I'm having thoughts about purchasing a new VW, but this changes my mind. I won't do business with a company that attacks the small businesses that keep their antique cars on the road, especially when they give little to no support of their own for those classic cars.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 23:16:15 pm »

I agree Zach BUT you might want to swallow your pride...I love my 2010 passat and 2012 TDI sportwagen they are fine auto's.  The new VW's are about the best bang for the buck out there and quality German Engineering.

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 04:51:20 am »

TDi Sportwagon was what I was considering, also. I've heard many good things about them.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Georg/DFL

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 10:06:32 am »

Susy, did VWoA 'contact' you?

Cal Look is not a crime
http://www.dflvwclub.de
"Happiness is a hot VW" - in memory of SOB
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
Speed-demon

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 11:32:11 am »

One of the larger dealers of VW parts here in Norway is actually called "Hotshop"!

Type "Hotshop" into google and You will also find a lot of businesses not linked to the VW community........
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 11:34:15 am »

Is really Vee Dub close enough to send the alarms ringing? I mean it's half of the pronunciation of the abbreviation?  Thank them by buying To#¤ta...

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 11:48:50 am »

One of the larger dealers of VW parts here in Norway is actually called "Hotshop"!

Type "Hotshop" into google and You will also find a lot of businesses not linked to the VW community........

Also, one of the best VW and Audi garages here in Norway was called Audisentrum. That was until they received a letter from a lawyer. They changed their name to S-sentrum instead.

-BB-

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 12:10:17 pm »

Pardon my french, but what a bunch of cocksuckers. I'm having thoughts about purchasing a new VW, but this changes my mind. I won't do business with a company that attacks the small businesses that keep their antique cars on the road, especially when they give little to no support of their own for those classic cars.

In general I agree with you, but we have to see the big picture here. It will not be possible for them to have a policy on this that make difference between those companies that benefits to the VW industry and those who don`t. They are of course not really after the vintage VW market, but after other competitors who wants to benefit from the Volkswagen brand.

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
JS

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 17:43:41 pm »

My #1 supplier :-)

x2!!!

Signature.
bugnut68

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 20:13:55 pm »

I absolutely wholeheartedly agree... between quality control issues (which may or may have not been resolved, but anyways...) and this whole trademark infringement thing, I have absolutely no desire to ever buy a new VW.  You'll find me in a Honda or To#¤ta before a new Volkswagen!  Cheesy

Volkswagen's been trying for years, at least in the U.S. from what I can tell, to compete with the higher-end markets, which I find funny considering their roots.  They've got more entry-level cars available overseas in Europe than they do here in the states, with a variety of models we've never seen here stateside through the years.
58vw

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 01:00:30 am »

guess i better change my screen name

www.4inbore.com
Angleflows...order them now
neil68

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 01:49:08 am »

Protection of trademark in this manner is not unusual, in fact To#¤ta/LEXUS has been through the same issues with independent garages, and rightly so, as they need to protect their dealers, who have invested in the "name"...and preferential ability to provide service.

I have been very happy with my 2002 Passat 1.8T and 99 Golf 2.0...both extremely reliable, a couple recalls that VW took care of and that's about it.  Our Honda Civic on the other hand, has been a bit of a pain...

Having said that, Vee Dub Parts seems like a "stretch" to me.  Is it possible that the website vwparts.net was really the issue?  That probably caught their attention...

Neil
Der Kleiner Rennwagens
'68 Beetle, 2332 cc, 204 WHP
12.5 seconds @ 172 KM/H (107.5 MPH)
Dynojet Test:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9B_H3eklAo
bugnut68

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 17:05:07 pm »

Just noticed that "Toy Yoda" (obviously not the formal spelling) comes out as edited when posted here... why is that?
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 17:27:39 pm »

Setting in the forum software... I'm guessing that Trond, JHU and BeetleBug are having a little fun  Wink

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: