The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 06:24:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350739 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  My '72 racecar
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: My '72 racecar  (Read 41200 times)
lee-maynard

« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2013, 17:13:47 pm »

welldone paul top 20........................long journey...... got there tho Smiley
Happychappy

« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2013, 18:15:37 pm »

welldone paul top 20........................long journey...... got there tho Smiley

Thanks Lee and thanks for the work you did too!  Very long journey but well worth it, can't wait to give her some beans at the strip!! ;-)
Happychappy

« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2016, 23:07:09 pm »

Haven't put an update on her for several years so thought I would.......

After the Volksworld show I took the car down the strip for the first time and it was brilliant.  I couldn't give it any beans as I had to run the engine in but once I'd done that I started to see what I could get with a target being 12 second quarter miles.

I took it over to Das Drag Day and had a fantastic weekend running a mid 13 quarter and coming away with best Cal looker at Jeffs cruise to the King which was amazing!

I then raced the car as often as I could and then had it dyno'd making a healthy 163 BHP, not bad for a 1914cc.

My best run to date is a 13.2 at 101 MPH set at Santa Pod.  I have since had the gearbox re-built after breaking it at the Cal look Drag Day and a freshen up of the heads and made a few other small changes and will hopefully be out again before the end of this year and into the 12's.  A wheel change is also very much on the cards.............  Grin

Cheers
Paul
razoredge

« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2016, 20:41:34 pm »

Dude change the wheels? They look epic - I have wanted to copy the CB performance black cartoon drawing logo car for years and yours reminds me of it.
Pas

« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2016, 20:52:04 pm »

Good stuff mate. What meeting are you doing?

You stay classy, Cal-look Lounge.
Happychappy

« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2016, 21:06:43 pm »

Dude change the wheels? They look epic - I have wanted to copy the CB performance black cartoon drawing logo car for years and yours reminds me of it.

You haven't seen the new wheels yet  Grin

I'll still be keeping the original wheels too.  I am a self confessed and identified wheel whore so need to feed my habit when I can.......

Happychappy

« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2016, 21:09:09 pm »

Hey mate how are you? Not sure what meeting yet as still trying to find one that I can get to when I'm not working, possibly hot rod drags....

Looks like you have made some progress on the race car??
Pas

« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2016, 00:53:52 am »

Hey mate how are you? Not sure what meeting yet as still trying to find one that I can get to when I'm not working, possibly hot rod drags....

Looks like you have made some progress on the race car??

I'm good, hopefully see you at the track soon.

The cars getting there, hoping to get out this year, watch this space Grin

You stay classy, Cal-look Lounge.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: