The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 13:54:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350756 Posts in 28586 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  GME fan shroud info?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: GME fan shroud info?  (Read 2766 times)
youngnstudly

« on: May 29, 2011, 06:28:41 am »

So I raided a local mechanic's Swap meet parts stash today and bought a few misc. performance parts, but the odd part I got was a cast aluminum GME brand fan shroud. Now this is a part I would never use on a personal engine, but I figured it was worth the $5 as a door stop since it has no damage, it still has a throttle cable tube installed, and it was autographed by Willie Harper (apparently at Super Bowl 16...He signed his name followed by #59 SB XVI...). Does anyone have pics of this brand of fan shroud installed with the correct cylinder tins? I'm just curious. I ass-u-me these were a 70's item used in drag racing or formula Vee cars maybe? Huh It looks cool, plus I got (only one) IDF dual carb manifold with matching gold, red, and black paint. I think the Original owner was a forty niners fan, or that may just be a coincidence? I was curious to see what the cylinder tins look like (are they cast aluminum as well?).

Andy

There may be rocks, there may be chips, but one things for sure...I drive this bitch!
bugnut68

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 03:40:53 am »

Is this one of those angle-cut shrouds that only takes an external cooler?  I would save it for the autograph but forget about using in on your engine, they're not very efficient.
youngnstudly

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 04:35:21 am »

Is this one of those angle-cut shrouds that only takes an external cooler?

Precisely! I was able to find a small amount of info on this shroud and some say the head tin is cast aluminum while others say this shroud used the stock cylinder head tin. As I said before, it's nothing would ever use on my personal engine, I was just curious of it's history. It's cool looking to say the least! I might have to wait until Willie Harper kicks the bucket..of course with my failing kidney and other health issues it might be a race to see who dies first! I vote for Willie though!  Grin

Here is what I have...the funny thing is that the Hippie mechanic that I bought this from told me that the guy he got it from was telling him that "some big musician signed this" (the mechanic rolled his eyes as he told me the story like the PO was BSing him...haha). It still took me and 3 others to figure out whose signature it was and what the other stuff written was all about. These are like the ugliest colors I could imagine on a VW engine...then again it was the 80's.

Andy

There may be rocks, there may be chips, but one things for sure...I drive this bitch!
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 07:50:15 am »

Didn't willie harper play for the 49er's

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Hebfan

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 13:07:53 pm »

Didn't willie harper play for the 49er's

He did, '73- '83.

49'ers colors too. Must've belonged to a hardcore fan.
Fiatdude

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 16:03:31 pm »

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: