The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 22:24:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350707 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Time To Retire
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Time To Retire  (Read 2312 times)
dragvw2180

« on: December 19, 2012, 20:52:58 pm »

This is a VERY hard decision I have had to make and one that was made in the best interests of my family, but I am retiring from racing my Pro Outlaw car. I have been racing for most of my adult life, I grew up in a family that had fast cars and also raced. I went to my first drag strip in 1968 , I was hooked immediately !!! I learned from my uncles by watching them work on their cars and helping when I could, changed my first clutch when I was 15 years old, heck the transmission weighed more than I did,hahhaha I was very lucky that my hobby turned into my profession ( auto mechanic ) and it never got boring after all those years. I will still be on the internet like all the other old farts and still will be helping others , just will not own a race car. I hope you all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and talk to you soon, Mike McCarthy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJZrEFElU24" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/FJZrEFElU24</a>
richie

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 22:07:18 pm »

sounds like you had a lot of fun Mike Smiley  Shame you have to do it,sounded like you had really got on top of that car and had it working well Smiley
I am sure thats not an easy decision to make,enjoy whatever you are going to do to replace all those hours

cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
dragvw2180

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 15:08:48 pm »

Thanks Richie. Just more time to spend with my wife Sue , I have been very lucky to have her for 37 years and hope to have her another 40.  Mike McCarthy
cedric

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 10:09:58 am »

Do what you have to do you only live 1....... Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: