The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 09:44:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350742 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  Wanted
| | |-+  4 lug type3 rear hubs - I need a pair please :)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 4 lug type3 rear hubs - I need a pair please :)  (Read 9759 times)
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« on: April 11, 2009, 23:43:01 pm »

Hey Guys as the title says I am looking for a PAIR of 4 lug rear hub flanges for late 4 lug type3 rear drums - Does anyone know where I can find some Huh Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 02:21:39 am »

PM sent.

~DR.
Lee.C

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 02:35:01 am »

Pm Sent Wink Smiley

nicolas

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 20:07:03 pm »

i can get some if you want...

Lee.C

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 20:53:18 pm »

Thanks dude - but dave has already sorted me a pair - and hes getting them redrilled and studed for me  Grin

nicolas

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 20:02:14 pm »

Thanks dude - but dave has already sorted me a pair - and hes getting them redrilled and studed for me  Grin

no problem. if you ever need some. you can call me.

Lee.C

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 21:58:47 pm »

no problem. if you ever need some. you can call me.

Thanks Honey  Kiss

PIMPPRIDE

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 00:10:01 am »

does anyone of my fellow lounge / Type 3 drum brake users have interest in some nice chromoly race strength rear hubs???

I'm thinking of making some, as the stock German ones on my Type 3 are starting to go... I have a little bit of play on the axle splines and its only a matter of time until they completely spin...

the ones I am thinking of making would be chromoly, extra thick, available in 4x130 & 5x130 for use with 14mm stock lugs with a 2nd set of holes left unthreaded, with the backside spot faced ready for press in studs, available in long or short axle for around $150 a pair

to get tooling & costs down I would have to make 20 sets to make it a reality, these also would have a slight diameter undercut on the overall circumference of the hub for those that want to make their own rear disc brake kits using a 914 rear rotor and fab up a caliper mount...

Anthony / ISP WEST   

Lee.C

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 00:25:53 am »

does anyone of my fellow lounge / Type 3 drum brake users have interest in some nice chromoly race strength rear hubs???

I'm thinking of making some, as the stock German ones on my Type 3 are starting to go... I have a little bit of play on the axle splines and its only a matter of time until they completely spin...

the ones I am thinking of making would be chromoly, extra thick, available in 4x130 & 5x130 for use with 14mm stock lugs with a 2nd set of holes left unthreaded, with the backside spot faced ready for press in studs, available in long or short axle for around $150 a pair

to get tooling & costs down I would have to make 20 sets to make it a reality, these also would have a slight diameter undercut on the overall circumference of the hub for those that want to make their own rear disc brake kits using a 914 rear rotor and fab up a caliper mount...

Anthony / ISP WEST   

Hmmm interesting idea dude - I might take a pair Smiley

Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 04:39:31 am »

Anthony / ISP WEST   

Interesting idea Anthony.

Original, forged genuine VW hubs in good shape are starting to dry up a bit, and I really don't care for the cast hubs.
Anyway, by the time you take a good used set of hubs, have them drilled, studded and cut the nose to fit a short axle you have at least $150 or more in them. I think there is probably a market, but as you very well know the rear disc brake kits are so inexpensive these days it's mostly us oldschool guys that seek out the type III rears.
Whatever you do, keep us posted...
While your at it, how about a GOOD quality aftermarket wide five type III rear drum Grin

Thanks,
  Dave
PIMPPRIDE

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 20:44:30 pm »

yes, we are also working on a new wide 5 rear drum, high quality, strong and with a little extra trick i'm not going to let out of the bag just yet  Tongue

Anthony / ISP WEST
Lee.C

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 22:12:27 pm »

Just a quick question guys - when you redrill/restud 4 lug drums for Porsche 5x130 Can you still use the original "4 lug" holes - I mean if you fancy a change of Rims  Huh

You see I'm thinkin 6"+7" fuchs to begin with then after a year or so 14/15" Empi 8's  Shocked

PIMPPRIDE

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 22:35:30 pm »

on the stock hubs, when drilling to Porsche 5 x 130 it uses one of the 4 x 130 holes, but the way they are made is with screw in studs so technically yes you could go back and use the 4 x 130 lug pattern

if you go the press in route, its allot more work for a little bit more strength as the hubs then get spot faced on the backside before the stud can be pressed in, making a thinner area for each stud and losing the 4 lug pattern use all together...

this is where the hubs I want to make will come in allot better & stronger 

Anthony / ISP WEST
Gunter

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 06:57:24 am »

While your at it, how about a GOOD quality aftermarket wide five type III rear drum Grin

Thanks,
  Dave
[/quote]

CSP has them
http://www.csp-shop.de/cgi-bin/cshop2/front/shop_main.cgi?func=detail&artnr=20879
this is the type III and 34 rear drum 64-65
ask Type III Detectives on quality as he uses a lot of them
oh and they are NO Brasil but Good European ones

Gunter
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 23:17:00 pm »

Thanks Gunter,

That's good to know...

~DR.
PIMPPRIDE

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 23:32:19 pm »

yes those 5 lug denmark drums are available here in " the states "  Tongue also... for about $80 each

Anthony / ISP WEST
Lee.C

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 01:11:09 am »

Thankyou Dave and FAT Performance, I Should be able to post this pic in the "What did you get in the mail today" thread soon  Wink Smiley

Critter1

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 22:55:54 pm »

Anthony / ISP WEST   

Put me down for a set Anthony. You know I'm good for it.
Here is the alternative I guess http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=1172 Pricey though...

Justin / Sacramento

PIMPPRIDE

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 19:37:10 pm »

Anthony / ISP WEST   

here are a few update photos of the progress on the type 3 rear hubs, they are now out for broaching, then final anodizing...

these are race strength... in lug patterns 5x130 and 4x130 short & long axle

Anthony / ISP WEST

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 19:39:40 pm by PIMPPRIDE » Logged
PIMPPRIDE

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 23:53:59 pm »

ok hubs are done... long and short axle... porsche 5x130 & vw 4x130 patterns... 4130 chromoly heat treated,black oxide coated ect... nothing but the good stuff... $250 gets you a pair ( cost more then I expected but if you ever machined chromoly then you know its expensive and takes twice as long then aluminum )

wholesale inquires welcome

Anthony / ISP WEST 

PIMPPRIDE

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 00:09:30 am »

ohh yea... an these will take a 9/16 press in studs... swayaway...willwood... arp... ect...  Tongue

Anthony / ISP WEST
PIMPPRIDE

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 01:09:28 am »

thread update :  Grin as per request of some customers / racers w/different non vw / porsche wheel lug patterns, we made a limited amount of blanks short & long on our 2nd run of these hubs... again use these with type 3 rear drums or 944 vented rotors to makeup some nice rear disc brakes

Anthony / ISP WEST

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: