The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 21:55:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350782 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  I'm going to Vegas this coming Monday...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I'm going to Vegas this coming Monday...  (Read 5758 times)
ApeLatex
« on: March 17, 2008, 21:29:06 pm »

Any recommendations for restaurants and cool stuff to see?
So far I know of 1 steak place I want to eat and a pin ball museum.

Anything else of interest.
Food is a big deal. I like to eat. A lot.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 21:43:38 pm »

Food is a big deal. I like to eat. A lot.

Sorry that I can't offer up anything havin' to do w/Lost Wages. I loathe the place and haven't stepped foot on The Strip since 1987, before it went to hell. I only go to the outskirts and skateboard the pools and skateparks.

On a more related note... it's good to see people enjoy their food. I can fully relate. Food is the only sport that exists in my world. Everything else is simply life.

Carry on.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
ApeLatex
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 21:58:51 pm »

I don't drink alcohol (yes, you heard me right) and I don't gamble either. So I'm probably not the prime candidate for a Vegas trip but I enjoy getting dolled up and going out for dinner or dancing.
I'm staying at the Mandalay Bay which has a kick ass pool and I haven't gone swimming since my LAST time in Vegas.
I've been trying to weasel restaurant reviews out of everybody.
The one place I will be hitting up is a 10 minute cab ride from the hotel...
The Original Pancake House. Not IHOP but the oldschool breakfast joint..
My mom waitressed at one when I was a kid and the closest one to where I live now is in South San Jose...so FUCK THAT.
I'm eating pancakes in VEGAS!
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 22:09:27 pm »

COOL! Sounds like fun. That's about the only thing that place has to offer me, anymore... FOOD. Have a good time.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
ApeLatex
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 22:11:28 pm »

I am currently scheduling my bypass surgery because I plan on making steak a daily thing. Like showering.
And crap. Can you still smoke indoors there or what?
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 22:13:46 pm »

I was there for xmas.

you need to see the fountains, treasure island show, all the hotels do eat as much as you can buffet, but shop around as they vary in price, some were as much as $30 for dinner.

go to the old town, which has a covered walkway which is a huge TV!!!!

I also went to the court house and the little white chapel, but that's not compulsory Smiley

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
ApeLatex
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 22:16:24 pm »

I will not be getting married. But I do want to see a fake Elvis or 2....
I'm pretty scared of buffets after my last Vegas trip left me so sick I almost couldn't board the plane.

I did like the buffet at the Paris hotel. It was kinda neat looking.

Who is going to open the first German themed hotel with VW museums and all?
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 22:37:13 pm »

I don't drink alcohol (yes, you heard me right) and I don't gamble either. So I'm probably not the prime candidate for a Vegas trip but I enjoy getting dolled up and going out for dinner or dancing.
I'm staying at the Mandalay Bay which has a kick ass pool and I haven't gone swimming since my LAST time in Vegas.
I've been trying to weasel restaurant reviews out of everybody.
The one place I will be hitting up is a 10 minute cab ride from the hotel...
The Original Pancake House. Not IHOP but the oldschool breakfast joint..
My mom waitressed at one when I was a kid and the closest one to where I live now is in South San Jose...so FUCK THAT.
I'm eating pancakes in VEGAS!

Is that the place with the 49ers?? I love those!!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
ApeLatex
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 23:59:40 pm »

I usually either get a dutch baby or apple pancakes..

Here's a link for their site. Damn they rule.
http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 00:03:42 am »

Yes that's the place! Sweet. I'd go more often if the lines to get in weren't so long!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
ApeLatex
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 00:16:22 am »

Yes that's the place! Sweet. I'd go more often if the lines to get in weren't so long!

I'm really bummed because Jerry Lee Lewis is playing the DAY before I get there!!! Dammit!!
I miss the killer once again....
ApeLatex
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 00:19:02 am »

I'll make sure to get snap some shots I think you guys will interested in..
Including good plates of food and stuff.
C'mon fake Elvis!
Sam K

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 01:14:28 am »

I usually go to Vegas October for the bug show, but since I'm not a gambler I usually have to find other stuff to do. I usually go to the Bellagio to see the seasonal lobby display and the fine art gallery. There's also a car museum in the Imperial Palace, the shark reef at the Mandalay Bay and the Tournament of Kings at the Excalibur. Another good time is the Shelby Factory out by the race track. I think they give free tours still. You could also go see Bette Midler!
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 01:55:05 am »

There's also a car museum in the Imperial Palace...

Saw that last October (yeah, Vegas Bug-In Roll Eyes), pretty neat, and its free too.

Cant be much help on the food bit, we usually eat continental breakfast at the hotel and gourge ourselves at the many open houses over the weekend. There is one sushi joint we usually hit, but by that time I'm too blasted to remember its name Grin

Have funn!!

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Sam K

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 03:40:07 am »

I usually eat at In-N-Out a lot in Vegas 'cause we don't have 'em in Denver.
ronnymcdonny

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 23:04:42 pm »

I just returned from Vegas friday.  This is what I did and would recomend.  Go check out BODIES, especially if you are seeking suregery you can see all your insides.  Titanic was cool, get the 2 for one and plan to spend a feww hours there.  "V" the show was pretty good not "too" gay but those dude get pretty close to eachother and funny tool  Hoover damn is cool and if you wan to spend a day at the Grand Canyon it was killer.  Go check out fremont there is a cool vw show there in OCt. Defintaly eat at the Planet Hollywood Buffet, best in Vegas, go to Hooters and ask for Corey che is hot and spicey buy a T-shirt PM if you need details Later

"Man, I've been doin this since the 80's, what's wrong with me?"
Mike Maize

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 00:03:29 am »

I just got back from Vegas on Saturday.. I did not really dig that town too much. We stayed at the Imperial Palace and I didn't even get up to see the cars. We were in town to mountain bike the surrounding area, so we were always REALLY tired when we were in town. No shortage of hot girls to look at. The fountain in front of the Belagio is pretty cool. We went to Zion Utah 2.5 hours away and I was blown away by that place.
Mangokid

"Inhale the world", (in memory of MH)

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 22:41:00 pm »

We headed out of Vegas last week, (a friend of mine got married there, pure Elvis style wedding, really cool, supertacky) and went to LA instead. Vegas vas insane, try imagining a country boy from the deep, lost forests of norway on the strip? My gawd it was mad! Food was ok, smoke was everywhere, so were the working-girls, i enjoyed it, (but not them), and will be back, but not for more than three, four days at a time. Check out the fountain-show every 15 mins outside The Bellagio. Might not be all that much for an American who is used to seeing bigstuff, bud for us european redneck vikings it was breathtaking. Enjoy!

To really know the edge and what lies beyond, one must have passed it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: