The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:48:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350757 Posts in 28587 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Shots from Classics '09
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shots from Classics '09  (Read 14160 times)
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« on: June 15, 2009, 02:23:04 am »

DKP line up with Russells ghia leading the row

Shot down the other side with Scott's ghia leading row

More DKP lineup

Overview of DKP lineup from DKP "headquarters"

Said "headquarters"

The secret hideout of the DEEKS as veiwed from DKP "headquarters"

A man with a Pre apologetic weekend...

Good times with good folks

A great finish to the day..

A couple sweet rides spotted in the show

And Finally folks some driving shots of our very own SARGE....

Grin

That's it for me guys hope you like....

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:29:17 am by Jason Foster » Logged

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 02:32:18 am »

Jason,

Thanks for sharing the shots.

Rick Mortensen

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 02:35:42 am »

Great shots Jason!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Taylor

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 02:53:22 am »

Hey jason tell us about the 28mile drive to the show...  my dad told me it was rather fun!  I wonder what 5 cal lookers rolling down the 5 freeway at 5am  two of which having over 13to1 was like.  I wish I could have been there this year.
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 04:26:04 am »

We met up this morning about 4 am at the am pm off the 5 fwy at Carmenita. It was Ben Salazar, Damon Leiataua, Carlos De Alba, (known as THE CAPE) Tim Walton and myself Jason Foster. We headed out up the 5 to Knowelwoods to meet the rest of the club. I must say I was extremely proud of Tim and Damon for having the balls to put these cars where they belong, charging down the freeway. Damon at 15 to 1 Tim right there also I believe at 15 to 1 (Tim with only an external cooler a sump and filter for cooling NO doghouse cooler) My 11 to 1 seems mild to these machines.
   Anyhow we motored up the 5 with no problems and it was the start of a great day. I might add these guys both Tim and Damon were also running with no temp guages Balls to the walls. Sorry but it was still dark and I've got no driving shots from this morning but it was a great cruise with 5 of the baddest bugs in So. Cal. on a nearly empty CA. highway.
   I will also add the DKP cruised into Classics this morning over 20 deep that my friends was also quite the thrill !

Jason
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 16:18:35 pm by Jason Foster » Logged

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 06:23:46 am »

I will also add the DKP cruised into Classics this morning over 20 deep that my friends was also quite the thrill !

The only thing better than a hot cal-look car is a bunch of hot cal-look cars!

Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 06:24:32 am »

Here's a few more.  And in the first shot you can all see the newest member to the DKP clan.......  naw, jus' kiddin'.  These two knuckleheads drove this boat (yes it actually was a boat) all the way from friggin' Florida to this event.  2500+ miles.  Thats over 4000 Km for you all in the way east.  The Big Boys line up today was truly impressive.  Yah know, maybe its the sole addition of that fine yellow car that fired them all up.  Man the DKP line up looked solid today.  Then there was us....... HAH!  I have'nt laughed so friggin hard all damn day in a LONG time.  We had a fairly nice line up with more cars each and every event.  Guys are gettin the fever and showin up.  A very nice addition was Steve Wilkerson's beautiful vert that was brought all the way from Oregon.  Jeff Hicken flew out from Jersey.  ALL amazing.  
There was a glitch on the screen when I took the pic of our cars.  Not certain what it is there in the middle of the screen.  ha.  
Great food, laughs and ribbing and lots of great people from all over.  Russell is awesome, and he  officially invited me to his house.  What he doesnt know is I am coming!  AND.... Im bringing 16 of these Deek guys with me!!!!!  naw, kiddin.  Good dude Russell.  Anyways enough about all that.   Too funny.  I seriously had tears from laughing so hard today.
I'll let the pictures do the talking now.......
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 06:26:23 am by Worm » Logged

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 06:31:30 am »

A few more and the fantastic Swap Meet jewel of them all.  The new gas pedal!!!!  Woo hoo.

After that shot.....a REAL interior.....
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 06:35:57 am by Worm » Logged

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 06:35:49 am »

thx for the pictures guys , it look like a nice day , with great cars

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
nicolas

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 08:55:38 am »

can't help but spot a very very nice green car there in the middle.  Grin

looks like a nice relaxed weekend.

thanks for the pictures. to Russel: the ghia looks really nice.
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 12:51:00 pm »

Great report Jason.  Thanks for the pics.  DKP lineup is outstanding with all those cars!  And equally cool, is the DKK resurfacing that is taking place.  Way to go, guys.

That cake artwork would make a killer t-shirt.  Hint, hint...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 12:52:34 pm by javabug » Logged

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Sarge

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 12:58:36 pm »

I've got to say, it was a hell of a Classic this year.  Don Brown and I set out at 4:30 am for Knowlwoods... the drive down was sweet as the temps were on the cool side and we were alone on the freeway.  The club turnout was the largest I can remember with 26 members in the house.  There were a number of visiting dignitaries who came by during the course of the day.... one was this Spanish chap who wished to have his picture taken with The Cape....  Anyway, suffice it to say we had a large amount of laughs to go with an even larger amount of beers. Roll Eyes Grin Cool

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 13:05:32 pm »

Since last years festivities were marred by a novice bike rider who managed to crash, the owner of said bike had a waiver to file before taking a spin this year.... note the additional training wheels.  Notcho debuted his new rainbow spinner cap to rave reviews... Cool Cool Cool

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 13:12:19 pm »

OK OK enough frivolities...  It was really cool to have Damon Leiataua and his light blue oval with us today (as Jay pointed out in his post, this is one bad ass car) as well as the recently re-done car of Dave Rhoads. Cool Cool

DKP III
vwcab

peter

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 15:50:45 pm »

Thx guys for posting those pics and at last,someone took pics from Sarge and his '67 on the" move".
  Wink   Peter

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Jim Ratto

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 16:38:39 pm »

Thanks for pictures Jay, Worm & Sarge. I saw DKK Fred snapping off some too.... That Ratto Waiver was a riot. Those training wheels were a little high for my skills though.... Greg can you slot them for adjustment next time?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 18:09:25 pm by 1970 » Logged
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 16:59:22 pm »

Great shots, guys! That waiver is truly hilarious. I'm still laughing at the Ratto Retrofit. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 17:06:37 pm »

Great stuff guys and good seeing everybody

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
low oval
DKK

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 17:52:09 pm »

what a great weekend!
my highlight had to be Scott arguing with the security guard when we all went over the chain to view Mark's car alone in the show parking lot from the line to get in, then following him in when he again argued with the parking guy because he made us go up and around some cones, and also his most excellent purchase of the pedal and finally when I was leaving having to wait while he searches everywhere for his keys (I was going to have to drive him home and back for his spare set), then with a great look of discust and flailing his arms to his side, he felt his keys in his back pocket, priceless!
Like was said earlier, I was having to much fun to snap off any pictures also, but here are the few I took.

the line up.

"and that's when the cops showed up"
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 19:15:51 pm »

gob job with the pict bro , as usual carlos & jim made some stupidities  Grin Grin Grin Grin

rgd
fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 19:25:35 pm »

That waiver was hysterical!

OgCalLook

Straight outa Riverside!

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 23:23:53 pm »

I must say I was extremely proud of Tim and Damon for having the balls to put these cars where they belong, charging down the freeway. Damon at 15 to 1 Tim right there also I believe at 15 to 1 (Tim with only an external cooler a sump and filter for cooling NO doghouse cooler) My 11 to 1 seems mild to these machines.

Jason

Great pics and commentary - wish i could of been there, love the smell of "perfume" gas in the morning Grin

Tom Hewitson
Bahama Blau Kafer

Zach Gomulka: "California Look is walking softly and carrying a big fucking stick."
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 00:08:35 am »

Thanks for the pic of my car, Jim. During all of the madness the last few days, I didn't take any of it. Didn't know about Scott's keys. Must've taken place after we left. I wanted to hang out with you all for a while longer... but my other half was really sick.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
marc1951

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 04:54:10 am »

First of all, I want to thank everyone in DKP for their hospitality and making Bob and I feel welcome. The entire weekend was absolutely amazing, leaving me speechless. This event was bigger and better than any Bug--In I've ever attended. The air cooled Volkswagon is NOT dead!!
I saw hundreds of incredible cars here and I'm sure many pictures of them will show up here.......but what about the enthusiasts who dare to go outside the box? Are these the future Cal-Look VWs?Huh

I might add that the workmanship on the Ghia was excellent.....the black car?......well....plywood and a 55 gal drum of bondo. <grin>

Marc Buehler
DRA

The legendary DRA car club
(Der Rennmeister Association)
marc1951

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 21:14:55 pm »

Here are some more "interesting" photos from the Classic

pic 1    This guy makes safari window kits.....I think one of these would look spiffy on Sarge's car.

pic 2    it's different!

pic 3   taxi anyone?

pic 4   yah sure

marc1951

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 21:18:50 pm »

and more pictures of the DKP clan

marc1951

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 21:29:26 pm »

I have plenty of photos of the incredible cars also, but I wanted to show the variety of cars that were there as well.

Here are a few photos that might give you a sense of the scope of this event. You have to be there to fully appreciate the size of this thing.

ok, I think I'm done now................<grin>

Marc Buehler
'51 split

Felix/DFL

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 21:43:36 pm »

WOW very nice pic`s.
That DKP line-up is such a KILLER . Congrats!
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 01:46:09 am »

LOVED THIS CAR! It was parked a couple cars down from where my buddies oval was.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Sarge

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 13:07:56 pm »

Here's a couple more shots, Zach....

DKP III
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: