The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:33:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350756 Posts in 28586 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Shots from Classics '09
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shots from Classics '09  (Read 14154 times)
Sarge

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 13:10:10 pm »

There were a number of cool Porsches at the show....

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 13:12:25 pm »

Big game hunting at..... The Classic Huh Roll Eyes

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 13:14:48 pm »

Nice to see there's still a few cherries left out there.... this sedan has only 40,000 miles on the clock!

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 13:15:43 pm »

Anybody hungry?

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 13:24:07 pm »

It was cool to see some of the DVKK guys over the weekend.  Gavin's split and Gary Economy's awesome blue '67 made the long trek down from Vancouver... Cool Cool Cool

DKP III
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 14:10:52 pm »

It was great seeing the boys down from Canada and their cars.

I wonder if that white car (40,000 orig. miles) was the same one that was in a trailer within the swap meet area, earlier in the day. Looks like the same car. But I don't remember the other car having a decklid badge like the one pictured below. Either way... gorgeous examples.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2009, 03:44:21 am »

My favorite "new" car this year

Despite the "berry" coloured interior! Wink

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
2muchjunk

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2009, 04:53:21 am »

Nice to see there's still a few cherries left out there.... this sedan has only 40,000 miles on the clock!

Andy & Jen's car is insanely clean, it was driven to the show, so there must have been a clone being trailered in.
Unfortunately, some dipshit decided to put a scratch in the passenger door down to metal. Andy had gone over the car the day before and discovered the scratch after he had been away from it for minutes.
It's so wonderful how a car can survive for so long and yet the first show he takes it to, something like this happens.
Fair warning to anyone close enough to my car or any friend's car with your child, purse or stroller unminded, we will have a problem, and you won't be happy with the outcome. 

Thanks, I always appreciate unsolicited advice from ignorant bystanders!!
Gavin - DVKK

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2009, 05:47:29 am »

Zach - thanks for the good words. It took a couple beers on the beach to realize that car took me getting married and 2 kids later to build (8years)! DKP guys are a class act and were soo hospitable, thanks for the red cup of goodness Sarge. Gary and I had soo much fun having our cars there (minus the 27 hr drive). Pulling into Nick's was a highlight of the weekend for us - thank you to Stephan for saving us a spot!

I have never seen soo many killer cars debut and have never seen the Classic soo busy, was great to see.

Here are a couple pics from our journey...

Interior shot of my 'berry colored' interior

Shot of my Kroc built 2332

Couple Canadian rides on way to Nick's

Our club badge - DVKK

Gary Economy's bitchn 67

Video clip of us rolling through Huntington Beach when we were supposed to be headed to Sarges for beers... that 2008 Shelby would have been no match for Gary, had he unleashed the beast!
http://picasaweb.google.com/nivageel/Classic200902?authkey=Gv1sRgCNfs5sfu_eGXzAE#5348447070224951058

Great meeting lots of you and if your ever in Vancouver, Canada. Stop by for a beer.

Gavin
DVKK
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 14:48:31 pm by Gavin - DVKK » Logged
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2009, 06:08:39 am »

Awesome video.  Great cars.  Way to represent the great white north!!!!!!!! I know, I know, thats not B.C.

Your club should be very proud.

Well done boyz.

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
LuftsickTero

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2009, 10:10:02 am »

Niels Timmermann's photos from Classic and Nicks  Cool

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2009, 15:13:28 pm »

Gavin, it was great meeting you all. Bringing your cars down for that long drive is most impressive. The pictures are also cool.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
G-dog

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2009, 19:29:33 pm »

Thanks to everyone who made us so welcome on our most excellent trip! Especially the DKP crew who made room for Gavin and I to park our cars in such a coveted spot at Nicks!It is such a cool thing to have so many people check out your car and take pictures of it.It makes all the late nights and skinned knuckles worth the effort It really was a dream come true to bring my car down to cruise the legendary streets of So-Cal.I have made many trips down to the show ,but this by far was a huge highlight for me,bringing the blue bomber down.Oh,and thanks  Sarge for the red cups! Gary Economy,one happy Canadian!

Yeah I know-just another 67.....
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: