The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:12:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  The new Cal Look book launch party... what great day.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: The new Cal Look book launch party... what great day.  (Read 41286 times)
mg

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2008, 18:45:47 pm »

Doug and Leslie a pleasure to see you both and share in your warm hospitality.
Leslie and the KG too, Doug great to see you so happy.
Amazing how these bugs draw enthusiasts from around world.
Paul Schley shared interesting race experiences from Lighting bug and Ohio George mid west match races to his current car passion road racing Vipers.
Steve B, Art G and Jim K you were missed.  Wink
cheers

Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2008, 19:52:41 pm »

Wow. I am kicking myself today!! Wish I could have been there Sad

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
deano

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 20:33:43 pm »

Back to the pink slip signing

[/b]

Looks like Sarge is signing over the title to the "other" red '67 in the house.... Grin

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Liou

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2008, 20:43:31 pm »

wow super nice pictures the report russell, dkk fred and Sir sarge ( nice picture always for me hihihi)
I wait patience see my new book at keith seume and big thanks very much keith !!
nice cars display good fine
liou

My 62 ragtop cal look
Kobus

See you at the NEXT EUROPEAN BUGIN!!! Summer 2011!

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2008, 20:47:33 pm »

wish i was there, and got to say it looks like it was a memorable party! awesome photos. i am lookingforward to receiving my copy!

sure looks like the book was worth waiting for...

so Keith? when will we see Vol.3???

Keep the Thru Cal-Look Alive!!!!
Sarge

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2008, 20:53:38 pm »

OK, Pink Slip..... Grin  Got to say, that was one hell of a blast yesterday!  Always nice to see all the old faces and hear your favorite stories again.  Thanks to Doug and Leslie for hosting the gig; your great hosts!  As for Keith's newest, I couldn't be happier.  For me, it's a dream come true.  Thanks for the cover and all the nice ink Kiss Kiss Kiss Grin   Mark, your shots are awesome once again! Cool Cool Cool   Thanks for the props, Liou... your beer is on the way! Roll Eyes Grin   More pics, anybody??

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2008, 20:56:39 pm »

Roll Eyes Shocked Grin

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2008, 20:59:46 pm »

Shocked Shocked

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2008, 21:01:44 pm »

Cool Cool Cool

DKP III
Cornpanzer

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2008, 21:03:00 pm »

Looks like a great time, sorry I missed it.  

I am really concerned to see Geoff P with a girl.  Has he gone straight on us?   Grin

Hey Kobus, I will buy a copy of the book for you....maybe I will ship it to you in nine or ten months... Roll Eyes

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2008, 21:18:53 pm »

I'm just droolin' over the Pics in between wrenching all afternoon. So Cool. Thanks for sharing !!!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 21:33:18 pm by FDK/Hurry » Logged

Done ? Not Yet.
Gregor/DFL

No comment...

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2008, 21:36:07 pm »

...wow! Really I wish I´d been there! Thanks for sharing all the pics, guys. I am really looking forward to get my copy of this book!

1965 black bug with Empi 5s
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2008, 22:00:36 pm »

I wish I could have been there myself, it looked like a top-notch party!

Quality people... that's where it all begins.

Thanks for all the cool photos guys, and congrats to Sarge on the cover. (Sounds like a beer AND a cigar for you my friend!)

I'm really looking forward to my copies of the new book Keith... keep up the good work. (yeah, I bought three books... seemed like the thing to do Wink)

~DR.
2manytoys

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 00:49:38 am »

WOW! that looked like a great day with lots of beautiful cars people, and I even saw Sierra Nevada in one pic.

Thanks for posting everyone.

Patrick Friel -..2manytoys, not enough time or money
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 01:18:40 am »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Sarge, that's a great shot of Dave's engine. Well done.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 01:38:41 am »

Awesome time, great Hosts, Authors and People  thanks for everything  !!!!     

Russell give me a call before you leave.

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
Jim Ratto

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2008, 04:54:29 am »

Sarge and Sharon, again, congrats on the cover shot and the chapter on your longtime support and involvement with the club and all the great people that grew up with and stayed in the scene.
Same you Schwimmer, very cool chapter on you and the oval. You're probably going to influence another whole generation of kids wanting a fast VW....again. A good thing.

See ya guys 12/7

Jim
Dave Galassi

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2008, 05:16:04 am »

Wow.

I didn't realize until I was on the freeway (and John and Christie Lazenby were pulling away from me in their '63........) that I didn't drink or eat anything the whole time I was there.  I just listened to the stories..........Howdy Doody Mahaffey's only street loss in the split, Paul Schley's discovery of water injection.......Doug Haydon and Lazenby's purchase of all the remaining Americans the company had............Dean's story on the origin of the Engle 100 series cams............

In attendance;  Aronson, Holmes, Lazenby, Haydon, Schley, Fleming, Sarge.........and numerous other founding fathers, enthusiasts and street and strip legends, current and past.  I wished I could have stayed all night.

Thanks to Jim and Carlos for the fun drive, Doug and Leslie for hosting us and everyone else who attended.  A day to remember.

lawrence

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 05:21:00 am »

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing, everyone. Looks like a blast was had by all.

"Happiness is a Hot VW!"
larry mck

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 05:41:18 am »

OMG, Ratto warned me not to miss this. All the cool cars and people on a perfect So Cal day. Russell looks like a kid in a candy store with a pocket full of cash. Bill I don't believe you are letting your car get away, even if it is to a good home. I'm so sorry I missed this event. Thanks for the pictures guys. 
DKK TOD
DKK

OLDER THAN DIRT!

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2008, 06:28:55 am »

Wow  Shocked Supper cool gig I wouldn't have missed......if I knew about it.  Wink I need to get IN the loop!Someone tell me when/where can I pick up a copy!  Cool

Why is it when it rains kittys....I get hit on the head with a dog!!
Geoff P DVKK

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2008, 07:17:02 am »

Sittin in the Las Vegas airport on my way home, Can't stop thinking about all the great people, stories, and photo's from this past weekend. The book is amazing and so are the people who are in it and make up this hobby. it was great seeing everyone, Russel,Deano, Sarge,Bill, Mike,Sue, Dee and all the rest!
Thanks again to Doug and Leslie for hosting the party and my little buddy Keith for keeping the Cal Look dream alive in the Great White North!
Stephan S

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2008, 08:04:27 am »

Had a great time, too!
Thanks again for your great work, Keith. Can't wait to read the book!

Der Kleiner Panzers
Kobus

See you at the NEXT EUROPEAN BUGIN!!! Summer 2011!

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2008, 11:56:47 am »

Looks like a great time, sorry I missed it.  

I am really concerned to see Geoff P with a girl.  Has he gone straight on us?   Grin

Hey Kobus, I will buy a copy of the book for you....maybe I will ship it to you in nine or ten months... Roll Eyes

did you finally get those seatcovers? sorry about the long delay... just no time...

Keep the Thru Cal-Look Alive!!!!
Todi

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2008, 12:43:41 pm »

That´s it! I´m moving to Usa  Cool Roll Eyes
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2008, 14:20:18 pm »

Great picture, Stephan. Those photo albums that were on display were simply awesome.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2008, 14:35:31 pm »

Had a great time, too!
Thanks again for your great work, Keith. Can't wait to read the book!
greet picture from the past as i see  Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
nicolas

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2008, 16:31:19 pm »

I just listened to the stories..........Howdy Doody Mahaffey's only street loss in the split, Paul Schley's discovery of water injection.......Doug Haydon and Lazenby's purchase of all the remaining Americans the company had............Dean's story on the origin of the Engle 100 series cams............

i have time to read all about it, if you have time to type it all down.  Grin

must have been great stories that were told that day.
johnl

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2008, 17:13:46 pm »

I've just reviewed all of the comments regarding Saturday's gathering at the Mische's.  Doug & Leslie, thanks to you both for making this happen and Keith a big thanks to you for keeping the flame lit.

Who would have thought that when I was a kid with a new VW some 45 years ago that I would still be into them and the DKP thing and the VW thing in general would have evolved into something this monumental.  Ron Fleming and a couple of others (sorry, can't remember who else was in that conversation) were discussing how fortunate we were to have lived the experience.

My personal thanks to all of you younger guys who have the disease and keep the movement going.  To all of you older guys, thanks for being such a big part of mine and Christie's lives over the years.  Even though we don't see each other all that often we think of all of you often and feel so blessed that you have been in our lives.

Dave Galassi, you are a real inspriation to me and I lust for your wheels!!!  Bill Schwimmer, I'm so gald to have finally met you and had the oppertunity to spend some time discussing your car as I've admired it for years.  I hope we see more of each other in the future and maybe I can get a ride???

Last, Jim & Sharon we have such a long history and great memories of our youth.  Jim, you have been the keeper of the early days for so many of us and we couldn't be more pleased to see YOUR car on the cover of Keith's latest offering.

Yes, I have the fever again and  hope to do something in the future to make it go away.

Best to all,

John & Christie Lazenby
Smiley Smiley

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2008, 17:44:49 pm »

let's go john built another great car  Wink
rgd
fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: