The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 23:40:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350782 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Finally..championship begins..
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Finally..championship begins..  (Read 10306 times)
JIMP

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 06:46:25 am »

o.k. so this is the exactly same method that i use to set it, BUT I observed that after for example sand blasting  the disk to get the surface  ready, I set it once lets say at 130lbs and after one ore two slight passes that the disk sits better measures about 150-155lbs -both measurements with cold clutch-, have you ever observed this? and if yes, the value you gave is the one on the first setting or after the clutch has bed in? Or maybe I do something wrong?

Friendly

Dimitrios
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 08:23:02 am »

o.k. so this is the exactly same method that i use to set it, BUT I observed that after for example sand blasting  the disk to get the surface  ready, I set it once lets say at 130lbs and after one ore two slight passes that the disk sits better measures about 150-155lbs -both measurements with cold clutch-, have you ever observed this? and if yes, the value you gave is the one on the first setting or after the clutch has bed in? Or maybe I do something wrong?

Friendly

Dimitrios

You`re now experiencing the main problem with the black magic disc, it is not consistent. It drastically changes its grip from cold to warm like Tekken mentioned earlier her. And of course as you mention above, it will change if you sand blast the disc or the flywheel. Solution - clutch management.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 09:18:04 am by BeetleBug » Logged

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Tekken

www.proturbovw.com

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2010, 09:46:41 am »

Friendly

Dimitrios

Yes,have seen the same happen.170 lbs is after sandblasting and cold clutch is what we usually did on good track.I also had a little problem with the floater getting the cup shape after a few runs.This made the clutch grip faster and we had to adjust once more.But there are many other clutch combinations that may be worth trying out.

JIMP

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2010, 11:28:40 am »

o.k. those notes are really informative for me, we have to try a lot to see what works best, BB what do you mean by clutch management?

Friendly

Dimitrios
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2010, 11:38:54 am »

o.k. those notes are really informative for me, we have to try a lot to see what works best, BB what do you mean by clutch management?

Friendly

Dimitrios

You could for example do like Tekken and Skinne and install a hydraulic clutch that you can easily adjust. You will find a lot of info about this on the www and if you look at Tekkens homepage you can see some pictures of his hydraulic clutch there; www.proturbovw.com I`m sure Tekken will tell you more about his set up if you ask kindly  Smiley

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Udo

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2010, 18:53:23 pm »

This is only because Tekken has no strong legs . Hydraulik is more like female ... Cheesy

Udo

Tekken

www.proturbovw.com

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2010, 19:51:33 pm »

This is only because Tekken has no strong legs . Hydraulik is more like female ... Cheesy

Udo

I'm too fast on the clutch when launching,need some hydraulics to slow it down  Wink Remember, I know where you live Udo.. Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: