The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:48:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350704 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  Drag-In Pics
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Drag-In Pics  (Read 8259 times)
Sarge

« on: July 20, 2008, 20:11:01 pm »

Carlos and I hopped in the '67 for a look-see at this mornings PRA meet in Fontana.  After experiencing the Bug-In a while back, the place was a spectator ghost town.  A few vendors / swappers....no line for the high priced "eats."  The action on the track was slow in getting started.  The weather was warm but not miserable with an early morning cloud cover.  Anyway, a few pics...

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 20:14:21 pm »

Ratto wanted me to find him a nice fan shroud...    Oddly enough, there was a sweet lavender model for Sheep right next to it... Shocked Roll Eyes Grin

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 20:19:11 pm »

also seen while cruising the spectator area....Carlos spies some sacred manuscripts, a friend of mine's Harlaquin, and a sweet spit-screen Cool

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 20:23:07 pm »

...the spy-cam then headed to the pits for a quick peek at Allen's new crank pulley and the "plush" interior  Wink

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 20:27:27 pm »

Mike and Cindy Lawless were in the house seen talking with Ken Jevik...

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 20:31:37 pm »

Scott Bakaan's car...gotta love the flattened stinger.. Roll Eyes Grin

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 20:37:00 pm »

You can ALWAYS count on Randy Carlson (OldBugs.com) for the cool stuff.  Geez, get a load of those headlights!!! Shocked Shocked Cheesy

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 20:39:52 pm »

....meanwhile, out on the track Shocked Cool

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 20:43:46 pm »

...OK, that's enough racing, now WTF were we... Roll Eyes  Oh yeah, Carlos found a car to rub on Shocked Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes Grin

DKP III
Liou

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 20:49:03 pm »

thx sarge pic !! and I ask you know time best et this karmann eric madson, red baron, scott bakken and mark allen ??

My 62 ragtop cal look
Sarge

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 21:14:31 pm »

Hey Liou...the only time I remember was a 10:46 by Ron Fleming in Mark Hunsacker's car.  There were a number of maladies on the track that forced us to get up and walk around the pits  plus consume  cold beverages...leading to my lack of memory on who did what Roll Eyes Grin

DKP III
Sander/DVK

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 05:20:38 am »

Cool pics Sarge, thanks a lot for sharing!

Cheers,
Sander

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 05:57:42 am »

I had a great day!  Allen's alternator belt rocks!!!!! Wink

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
Chris W

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 06:21:15 am »

Ya nice pics, thanks!
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 12:45:22 pm »

Nice pics, thanks for the report.  Who wiped their butt on the lavendar fan shroud???

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Sarge

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 13:02:21 pm »

... " Who wiped their butt on the lavendar fan shroud???"

Hmmmm....I forgot to ask the seller Roll Eyes Grin  Here's a nice late model and a set of Cosmos....

DKP III
Mike Lawless

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 15:00:12 pm »

It was good to see you there Jim!
You're right about attendance. Maybe only racers and their entourage there with only a few show cars?
I am starting to change my opinion of Fontucky as a racing facility, The people operating the track were really nice this time and even the last time we went. Although the track surface is still unpredictable which made for some unexpected results sometimes. Madsons Ghia was having severe handling issues most of the day, most of the SG & SC crowd were significantly down on performance. Even Scott Bakken's "D" ported stinger didn't seem to help him. It was really good to see Pat McDermott put down some super stout numbers in the Fiat, running 9.23(?) against Eric Calabrese in the Pro Mod Final. Eric ran 8.7X.
Although Ron Fleming was the #1 qualfier in Super Street, Roger Crawford took the win with a 10.03 to 10.3X.

As for us, we were down about 2-3 tenths performance wise, but still had the "Stuff" to go all the way....provided the driver did his job. We were running in high the 11.80 range for the 11.90 index with RTs in the .02 to .04 range. Unfortunately a missed shift to 2nd gear cost us the win in round two against my good buddy Scott Bakken. I guess it was a "Shiftee" problem.

Marcus Palmquist wins his second event in a row in SG with a trip to the finals in every race this year. Seems Marcus is "The Man" in '08!

Winner, 2009 Bakersfield March Meet
2006 PRA Super Gas Champion
2002-2003 DRKC Champion
http://www.lawlessdesigns.com
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 17:55:06 pm »

cool pictures bro and carlos found his new ride to go to the blue oyster bar  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Mike Lawless

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 18:39:06 pm »

Here's a link to volksarama's photos

http://volksarama.smugmug.com/gallery/5486425_N2pCS#P-3-32

Winner, 2009 Bakersfield March Meet
2006 PRA Super Gas Champion
2002-2003 DRKC Champion
http://www.lawlessdesigns.com
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 18:47:14 pm »

Thanks for sharing guys, Cool Pics. The Fiat is awesome.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 18:54:01 pm by FDK/Hurry » Logged

Done ? Not Yet.
Sarge

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 03:09:27 am »

I had a great day!  Allen's alternator belt rocks!!!!! Wink

Hahahaha...I thought you'd like that! Roll Eyes Grin

You're right about attendance. Maybe only racers and their entourage there with only a few show cars?
I am starting to change my opinion of Fontucky as a racing facility, The people operating the track were really nice this time and even the last time we went. Although the track surface is still unpredictable which made for some unexpected results sometimes. Madsons Ghia was having severe handling issues most of the day, most of the SG & SC crowd were significantly down on performance. Even Scott Bakken's "D" ported stinger didn't seem to help him. It was really good to see Pat McDermott put down some super stout numbers in the Fiat, running 9.23(?) against Eric Calabrese in the Pro Mod Final. Eric ran 8.7X.
Although Ron Fleming was the #1 qualfier in Super Street, Roger Crawford took the win with a 10.03 to 10.3X.

As for us, we were down about 2-3 tenths performance wise, but still had the "Stuff" to go all the way....provided the driver did his job. We were running in high the 11.80 range for the 11.90 index with RTs in the .02 to .04 range. Unfortunately a missed shift to 2nd gear cost us the win in round two against my good buddy Scott Bakken. I guess it was a "Shiftee" problem.

Marcus Palmquist wins his second event in a row in SG with a trip to the finals in every race this year. Seems Marcus is "The Man" in '08!

Thanks for the update, Mike!

cool pictures bro and carlos found his new ride to go to the blue oyster bar  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I couldn't keep him away from that car, Fabs  Roll Eyes Wink Grin

DKP III
Liou

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 05:40:27 am »

Hey Liou...the only time I remember was a 10:46 by Ron Fleming in Mark Hunsacker's car.  There were a number of maladies on the track that forced us to get up and walk around the pits  plus consume  cold beverages...leading to my lack of memory on who did what Roll Eyes Grin

thanks sarge Wink

My 62 ragtop cal look
Liou

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 05:41:15 am »

hello mike
thanks in info and pics Wink
liou

My 62 ragtop cal look
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: