The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 19:30:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350757 Posts in 28587 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  'Bug In' 1956 Oval for sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 'Bug In' 1956 Oval for sale  (Read 4107 times)
nigelg65

« on: September 03, 2007, 20:03:04 pm »

It is with great sadness that the time has come for me to sell my Bug-In Oval.

I bought the car about four years ago. I was on my way to the Bad Camberg show in Germany when I stopped off at BBT in Belgium. I spent a fantastic hour or so walking around Bob Van Heyst’s incredible collection when I saw this little Oval over in a corner. The car had a sign on it, the sign you see below. Between that and the incredible condition of the car I decided I had to have it. After a few phone calls and emails I struck a deal with Bob and the car came to England. (The deal went down really smoothly thanks to Gunter Hofmans who knows all about the car).

I later found out from Bob Van Heyst that the Oval belonged to Bob Scott of Vintage Parts Inc and went to the Bug-Ins, California, back in the day.

The car looks exactly the way I bought it. All I have done is install an engine, transmission, brakes etc. (see spec below)

It drives great for an early Bug and has no rust whatsoever. If you live in the UK there is an MoT till next summer.

If you’re looking for the real thing rather than a paint-fresh just-built project this is the car for you.

Bugs like this don’t come up often, it is the real deal and yes it’s going to cost.

If you’re serious drop me an email at nigelg65@hotmail.com and we’ll take it from there

Cash or will consider trade plus cash if you have a brilliant, unmolested, unrestored, original, unwelded Type 3 Squareback.

I can arrange shipping at purchaser’s expense. Car will not be released until money is cleared.

Engine
1776cc: aluminium crankcase machined for full flow oil system; counterweighted 69mm crankshaft; Engle 120 cam; straight cut cam gears; Mahle 90.5mm pistons/barrels; CNC ultra mag cylinder heads; chrome moly pushrods; Bugpack conrods; external oil filter, cooler and extended sump; heavy duty cam followers, twin 40 Dellorto carbs

Transmission: Pro-street spec; close ratio 1st and 2nd; close ratio 3rd and 4th; heavy duty side plate; Super diff, Berg Shifter.

Brakes: CSP discs all round.

Wheels: original Fuchs - 4.5s on the front. Flat Four repro 4.5in Fuch spare. (Wheels came with the car when I bought it)

I have many pictures of the car if required

www.type-magazine.com
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 08:31:33 am by type-magazine » Logged
nicolas

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 20:14:59 pm »

is this the car i saw at the T3D open day? it looks a lot like it, it also had a right hand drive gene berg shifter and a european steering. i could be wrong. but that was a nice car as well.
nigelg65

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 20:19:30 pm »

Yes, it is the car that was at T3D's open day.
Gunter

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 20:49:51 pm »

Yes, it is the car that was at T3D's open day.

can confirm it
can also confirm this was Bob Scotts (RIP) old car
I heard the story on the early BugIn days
Bob Scott always wanted to have this car for himself
but got to ill I think at the end
I was there when we collected the car in Hollywood and shipped to Belgium

Gunter.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 01:47:11 am »

very nice car  Cool

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
nigelg65

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 10:48:31 am »

Speedwell,

Thankyou very much.
Surfer56

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 07:23:09 am »

Big smile from Oslo.

gizago

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 14:45:05 pm »

Nice looking car, I took some pics of it a few years ago at the ultra vw bug boogie show at Hickstead, never managed to find out who owned it- now I know Cheesy

oldbug

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 21:55:17 pm »

hi,
what's your price ?
thx

Laurent
67worshipper

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 22:13:37 pm »

a lovely oval.a sad loss im sure Cry good luck with the sale

vw hot rod heaven
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »