The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:57:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350729 Posts in 28581 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  '71 Peekup
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: '71 Peekup  (Read 4794 times)
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« on: March 16, 2011, 00:32:11 am »

I was thinking that I need a tow/haul vehicle to help with the '67, so I picked this up.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 00:39:34 am »

Cool! I like the color.  Cool

kingsburgphil

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 02:46:53 am »

Luv that early iron, nothing scary there. Question..It looks like it has a hitch?  Whats the trans/rear axle combo?
Just asking since you plan to tow with it and burn $4 gal. gas. Things have probably changed since the last time
I towed with a SB chevy  Wink Wink
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 02:57:55 am »

Back when Chevrolet actually made a decent vehicle that was simple, easy to work on, and lasted. What a concept. From '73 on, I feel that American cars just went downhill.

Excellent score and I know that you've been wanting one of those for years. Very stoked for you, Rick. Will you be able to swap those later side mirrors for proper period ones?

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 04:56:30 am »

Nice truck Rick!!

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 05:22:03 am »

Cool! I like the color.  Cool

Thanks Nico... I've always hated green but this one is blue enough that I can live with it  Wink

Luv that early iron, nothing scary there. Question..It looks like it has a hitch?  Whats the trans/rear axle combo?
Just asking since you plan to tow with it and burn $4 gal. gas. Things have probably changed since the last time
I towed with a SB chevy  Wink Wink

It does have a hitch but I may move to a hidden hitch that takes the receiver behind the plate. I wanna pick up a little ground clearance and clean up the back end a little. It's got a 12 bolt posi with a turbo 350. I'm not sure of the rear end ratio yet. I'm really not gonna be towing far with it... just around OC. The other issue is that the truck originally came with 16.5" wheels with tall bias tires and the 15" wheels with the lower profile tires cause some ratio and final drive issues. When the speedo reads 85 I'm going 72 according to my GPS. I'm not sure if I'm gonna put taller tires on it, re gear it or a combination.

Back when Chevrolet actually made a decent vehicle that was simple, easy to work on, and lasted. What a concept. From '73 on, I feel that American cars just went downhill.

Excellent score and I know that you've been wanting one of those for years. Very stoked for you, Rick. Will you be able to swap those later side mirrors for proper period ones?

Plus no smog check in CA ;-)

So far the mirrors that I've found for it are ugly! Also, I haven't been able to tell if the door has been redrilled. I'm gonna pull of the mirrors this weekend as I need to tighten the adjustment screws. At freeway speeds the tend to blow inwards. I'll look to see where the holes are.

Thanks Mark

Nice truck Rick!!

Thanks Dave! BTW, how's your truck project coming along?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:24:00 am by DKK Rick » Logged

Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 05:48:14 am »

Nice truck Rick!!

Thanks Dave! BTW, how's your truck project coming along?
[/quote]

Slow but sure... engine built, trans built, parts piling up. We're going to work on it this weekend.. I'll post some progress shots.
Oh yeah, I have some random 67-72 parts kicking around in the shop from previous builds.. let me know if you need anything.
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 05:51:17 am »

Will do... also need some stuff for my '67. I thought I might see if you have anything. I'll send you a PM later

Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 06:08:44 am »

Will do... also need some stuff for my '67. I thought I might see if you have anything. I'll send you a PM later

No problem, hope I can help.

I really do like that truck.. clean, simple, hey wait a minute-- Cal-Look! Ha!
Back in the early 90's I restored a '72 C-20 Custom Deluxe as a daily driver / family mover / tow vehicle, etc. It was two tone, base color same as yours with a white top.. Drove that truck for years.. I'm sure Rayburn remembers it.
Ben67

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 19:10:44 pm »

Nice truck Rick , makes me miss the '64 I had.  I sold it because is wasn't using it much and felt bad.

Der Kleiner Panzers        http://pursang356.blogspot.com/

"champagne taste...beer money"
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 23:29:00 pm »

Thanks Ben!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: