The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 22:46:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350748 Posts in 28584 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  SCC!!! WHAT A GREAT EVENT!!!! LET'S SEE YOUR PHOTOS AND VIDEO'S!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: SCC!!! WHAT A GREAT EVENT!!!! LET'S SEE YOUR PHOTOS AND VIDEO'S!!!  (Read 84626 times)
nilsg

« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2008, 13:54:22 pm »

Udo.Cassa.
This engine too Skinne Oval.
I have engine Case  from T3 Buss van (Orginal 2,1L) Cheesy
-Crank.rods from Pauter.
Also you Udo most be SCC 2009.

Mags

I grew up the same place as Tor Øyvind Skinne and first visited his workshop when I was about 14 years old. The purpose of the visit was to buy parts for the moped I was trying to make go a bit faster. After some wrenching, my moped was capable of about 80 kmph which was OK but of course not nearly as fast as Tor Øyvinds moped that managed in the neighborhood of 150 kmph. Fast forward 25 years to SCC 2008: My beetle did a quite respectable 11,9 at the strip while Tor Øyvinds beetle did a stunning 9,6. See a pattern ?  Wink

Anyway, here are some facts about the engine. Any errors in the specs given are mine.

The engine has been developed and built by Tor Øyvind Skinne over a period of several years. The current version of the engine has the following specs:

WBX case – heavily modified by owner

WBX stock spec aftermarket heads from AMC (because AMC heads have better alu than the stock vw heads) - heavily modified by owner

Stroke & bore: 86x101,6 (4”) = 2789 cc

Crank: Pauter

Rods: 5,5” Pauter

Oil pump (dry sump): Pauter

Rockers: Pauter 1.3

Cam: custom grind

Pistons: JE (custom made after owners specs)

Injection: Autronic SM4

Precision Turbo – made after owners specs

Fuel: Pump gas / E85

Porsche G50 gearbox

Has dynoed 851 hp at 6100 rpm / 1100 NM at 5200/5300 rpm

(theoretical hp peak should be at 6500 rpm)

This is not a dragrace only car. It is used on the street and the it will be driven to and from races once it is properly set up. It is also good for track/road racing. An earlier version of the car (about 1992/1993) drove the 150 km trip to the dragstrip where it did a best time of 12,18 / 189 kmph before driving the 150 km back home. The car runs on street tires and is registered for road use in Norway.

Tor Øyvind Skinne builds high power engines for a living and is listed in the Norwegian phone directory if you are interested in his services  Smiley

Luftkraft

You know Gil Gonzales?

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2008, 14:58:58 pm »

awesome pics, Heebah!

LUFTKRAFT Hopped-Up Vee Dubs since 1998
LOWTECH Traditional Hot Rods and Customs Online

...because stock sucks.
SteveW

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2008, 15:20:59 pm »

For reference: The "Skinne Beetle" of Norway on Kobus' video clip: Built by the Skinne brothers many years ago as a street / circut car and has had numerous engines over the years. The last dosen of years the Skinne brothers have been building fast Pro Stock cars with V8's - they are European Champions in Pro Stock and the only european team to make into the top 16-car ladder in the NHRA. The Skinne brothers never forget their VW-background and this last winter they decided to put their bright heads and hands into a new engine for the old Beetle... A wasserboxer block and humongous turbo on top.... a whopping 851 HP and - get this - 1110 Nm on the dyno!!! Got it off the dyno saturday morning, took it to SCC, rolled it off the trailer and did a 9,6!

You might not know where you were when Armstrong stepped on the moon, when color TV was introduced, when the wall fell or when Kennedy got shot ...... but if you weren't at Gardermoen when the earth rumbled as the Skinne Beetle launched......you missed out!

Very well deserved Volks World Magazine Trophy to the Skinne Brothers! 

Which Pro Stock team did the Skinne Brothers work with? Pro Stock is my favourite class  Grin Jimmy Ålund has been European Pro Stock champion since 2004  Shocked

Anyways that's a badass bug they have there!!  Smiley Smiley

Steve
1961 Oldspeed Beetle
1970 Stock Beetle.
jose del orto

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2008, 15:32:23 pm »

some known photographs caught in the act of shooting on rolands amazing 80ies looker, one of my favourite scc cars!
Fasterbrit

OFF#23 - The Fastest Outlaw in the West!

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2008, 17:56:06 pm »

The show was absolutely amazing! A big thanks to Johnny, Kalle, Jon and the rest of the SCC Team for a fantastic event. I will post a whole bunch of pix shortly, but here's one I messed around with in Photoshop for a laugh! Big up all of the SCC boys and Girls... matt keene

9.563 @ 146.25 mph Cal Look Drag Day, Santa Pod, April 2011
OFF#23 OUTLAW FLAT FOUR www.outlawflatfour.com
www.air-kraft.com
www.marcomansiperformance.com
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2008, 18:39:25 pm »

Back home.

3500km on 6 days. You call that holidays?  Cheesy Cheesy

It was a great weekend. We all had a blast.

That was also great to meet so much people, even if I have some difficulties to understand sometimes  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Wink Wink

Thanks to Nicolas to organise the trip and Ritchie, Lee and Frank to allow us to make the trip together and for the good time we had. Count me in if you go there another time. I always have spare parts to help  Wink Wink Cheesy

« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 18:44:20 pm by j-f » Logged
BC the Striper

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2008, 19:38:37 pm »

SCC 2008 was FANTASTIC! Thanks to all the guys out there, definitely one of the best weekends in my life! Cheesy

I just hope I can be at SCC 2009 with my car and hope to bring more guys from Poland - somebody has to sweep the track, right? Wink

Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/garbatykfiatek/ScandinavianCalLookClassics2008
HekoFin

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2008, 20:33:48 pm »

Finally back home - after travellling +1000km. I just signed here to send my thanks to SCC team. This event was awesome great and spirit of the event was something that I have never seen before. Like one big family. Our team's (JussiFin) results made the experience even more pleasant.
sven

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2008, 21:50:39 pm »

Hi Guys,

This meeting started as a usual meeting but….
We hit the road Thursday at 6 AM and arrived Friday 5 AM, 23 hours and 1800km later at the Gardermoen race track while it was raining.
Friday we wanted to test the car, but the brand new engine struggled under 4000 RPM, while I wanted to do a test run I didn’t had a second gear, by now you are probably are thinking that our weekend sucks.
But now, I think we got help from all the Scandinavian Racers, Jurgen drove 1 hour ½ back home to get some tools to open the gearbox, Stian and Michael provided us some tools.
We removed the engine and tranny, Patte helped us to fix it, we mounted the gearbox back in the car wit help from Michael and we went sleeping at 4 AM.
Saturday at 7 PM we mounted the gearbox, solved the Fuel and Ignition problem and did a 10 sec run.
Special thanks to Johny and the while SCC team for a the best meeting ever and to Michael, Stean, Jurgen, Patte and everybody else ho helped us, you guys are fantastic and remember to call me when there is a house for sale, I move to Scandinavia.

See you all at the next track!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 22:38:35 pm by sven » Logged
Tekken

www.proturbovw.com

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2008, 22:03:48 pm »

Hi Sven!
Was really nice to meet you guys,to drive 1800km all the way to SCC to test a brand new car is just mindblowing.We where all very happy when you and your team made a 10 sec run,that was well deserved and a great award after all the hard work.See you in a month time.. Smiley Congratulations with a awsome car!!

Regards ,Stian & Barbro

Fasterbrit

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2008, 22:10:20 pm »

Here's a few of my shots... regards, matt keene

www.air-kraft.com
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2008, 22:16:13 pm »

Must have been great, Roland, you put fire on the SCC !  Cool

besserwisser

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2008, 22:19:41 pm »

The Belgium Team are my heros, with all that bad luck you never gave upp. Sven, looking forward to see you at Bug In next year and hopefully I can by you some beer instead of you working on your gearbox all night. By the way your car is the first really good looking late beetle race car I´ve ever seen .Nice work and good luck in the future. (the old grey longhair from Sweden).
Rasser

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2008, 22:26:03 pm »

The Belgium Team are my heros, with all that bad luck you never gave upp. Sven, looking forward to see you at Bug In next year and hopefully I can by you some beer instead of you working on your gearbox all night. By the way your car is the first really good looking late beetle race car I´ve ever seen .Nice work and good luck in the future. (the old grey longhair from Sweden).

Must agree with Besserwisser, your car looked absolutely stunning - super nice details througout!! (regards - the guy who borrowed your 17mm gearbox socket saturday morning) ;-)

For a good time, call:    1-800-Cal-look
1955 type1
1966 type2 13w deluxe
Tekken

www.proturbovw.com

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2008, 22:31:33 pm »

Can't wait to get in the seat again.. Grin

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6voNXkoMwnI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/6voNXkoMwnI</a>

sven

« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2008, 22:37:04 pm »

Hi Stian,

Your Rolling burn outs are the best!!
Are you doing them in thirth gear?
Tekken

www.proturbovw.com

« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2008, 22:44:49 pm »

Hi Stian,

Your Rolling burn outs are the best!!
Are you doing them in thirth gear?

Yep,third gear.Need to put down some rubber in the start to get a good launch and 201m,does'nt have that mutch power as many of the other guys..yet.. Wink

Wout

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2008, 23:56:57 pm »

@ All Torque:

Verry nice foto's, you don't need an other lens  Wink.

@ All scandinavian guys:

Thanx for a mindblowing weekend and the enormous hospitality!!! I can't wait untill next year!

gr
Wout
(Scandinavian looking Belgium fotographer  Grin)

Aircooled vw's for life!
http://aircooled-wout.fotopages.com/
Kid-A

The Bluesmobug is not dead!

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2008, 07:20:54 am »

Lids 2001, where was this taken?

This is my good friend Thomas' AV8 that I also did some work on.
A handful of years since he sold it now...

"Never mind the Track, the track is for punks.
We are Road People, we are Café Racers!"
[SIZE="1"](Hunter S. Thompson)[/SIZE]
Heebah

« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2008, 07:57:44 am »

And more:
Fasterbrit

« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2008, 08:22:26 am »

Hey Wout, nice to meet you at the weekend! Thanks for the nice comments about the pix! When can we see some of your shots? It looked like you had some great shots on you camera! I can't wait to see them! Regards, matt

www.air-kraft.com
ESH

« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2008, 08:47:17 am »

Sweet photos!  Cool
Wray

« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2008, 10:13:24 am »

Yes what a great weekend thanks also to all the SCC Boy's and Girl's for a great show.

Here are some of my pictures.

Wray

Wray

« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2008, 10:16:04 am »

Some more

Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2008, 10:21:11 am »

Lids 2001, where was this taken?

This is my good friend Thomas' AV8 that I also did some work on.
A handful of years since he sold it now...

This was taken at the nearby Macdonalds on the Friday Lunchtime, JHU had picked me up, we had both driven round pickign stuff up and I was starving Smiley

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2008, 10:46:00 am »

Great pics wray!!!  Grin

The 2008 album at sccevent.com has now been updated with some great photos taken by our co-speaker Kid-A!

Enjoy!!

http://www.sccevent.com/index.php?option=com_expose&Itemid=3

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:48:55 am by Berger » Logged

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
JS

« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2008, 12:42:58 pm »

For your viewing pleasure, picture thread from the Norwegian forum VWNorge.no: http://www.vwnorge.no/index.php/topic,7040.0.html

If anyone has good pics of my car at the starting line, i´d rellay appreciate it if you could mail them to j-steiro@online.no
It´s the black ´58 with BRM up front and 356 chromies in the rear. I know someone has my wheelie on camera!  Grin Thanks!

Signature.
Kid-A

The Bluesmobug is not dead!

« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2008, 12:58:03 pm »

The 2008 album at sccevent.com has now been updated with some great photos taken by our co-speaker Kid-A!

Enjoy!!

http://www.sccevent.com/index.php?option=com_expose&Itemid=3

The pics would be better with a little editing, a lot of editing for some of them
But making them available ASAP got the priority over hours of photoshopping this time.  Cool
So these pics are straight out of the camera...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 13:02:09 pm by Kid-A » Logged

"Never mind the Track, the track is for punks.
We are Road People, we are Café Racers!"
[SIZE="1"](Hunter S. Thompson)[/SIZE]
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2008, 15:07:05 pm »

mine: http://www.michaelliddle.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/Car%20shows/SCC2008/scc2008.html

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2008, 15:53:12 pm »

Very NICE. Looks like a fun event.

Kobus, I talked to Jim Dutcher the other day... he told me to tell you HELLO. His shop has been around the corner from my house for decades.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: