The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:54:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350702 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Russ Fellows
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Russ Fellows  (Read 17570 times)
ESH

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2007, 23:31:13 pm »

...when do we see Russ line up next to Richie...

That's a possibility, the two street Bugs that is.  Wink

alfie the monster

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2007, 18:12:51 pm »

Funny I count 3 street Beetles Mat  Wink

Paul drove Digger to many a race meet, and did all of his mapping terrorising the streets of Manchester  Grin

JG54 Grunherz
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2007, 19:31:05 pm »

Paul drove Digger to many a race meet, and did all of his mapping terrorising the streets of Manchester  Grin

James do you want to have a think about this.

Hahaha your killing me.........
flatfire

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2007, 20:21:23 pm »

Following the criptic thread is it windscreen wipers ? Wink

A trifle pedantic Grin
Martin

Cash Converter....

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2007, 20:57:52 pm »

Hell they all have MOT's are insured and 'can be driven on the road for a good distance.  its all good. faster vw's is what its all about

i dont care if you change onto methanol, use loads of gas run big turbo's, there out there doing it, running super gas times. and to me who's been into dragracing for god knows how many years, running super gas times is awsome, let alone being able to pop to the shops in them!

So long as the motors stay in the back and we have to use a clutch to change gear and pull on that shifter. thats what maters to me. its fooking incredible that this little old motor designed in 1938 (ish) can do so much!

I just hope my car can live up to the above, which sometimes i have my douts! but time will tell.

Trailer
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 21:02:31 pm by volksman » Logged

Martin

9 sec street car, its just simply not fast enough

Swing axle to CV convertion is on the website now

www.taylormachine.co.uk

OFF/500
flatfire

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2007, 22:10:17 pm »

Hell they all have MOT's are insured and 'can be driven on the road for a good distance.  its all good. faster vw's is what its all about

i dont care if you change onto methanol, use loads of gas run big turbo's, there out there doing it, running super gas times. and to me who's been into dragracing for god knows how many years, running super gas times is awsome, let alone being able to pop to the shops in them!

So long as the motors stay in the back and we have to use a clutch to change gear and pull on that shifter. thats what maters to me. its fooking incredible that this little old motor designed in 1938 (ish) can do so much!

I just hope my car can live up to the above, which sometimes i have my douts! but time will tell.

Well said Martin  Cool

I don't have any doubt's even as you have already said all you have to do is pull on that shifter Smiley

Good luck and we need to know when you are going to unleash the beast.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:50:50 am by flatfire » Logged
alfie the monster

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2007, 22:38:45 pm »

Think about what Martin  Huh

I seem to remember him mapping it on the M56 whilst being mot'd and taxed. That's my definition of street legal in my book  Wink

And he drove the bus to York and back with the same engine in the bus.That's 100 miles each way  Grin

JG54 Grunherz
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2007, 23:05:53 pm »

I seem to remember him mapping it on the M56 whilst being mot'd and taxed. That's my definition of street legal in my book  Wink

And he drove the bus to York and back with the same engine in the bus.That's 100 miles each way  Grin

I got it now he got his MOT whilst he was on the M56 i will have to take my car up there next time. Wink

alfie the monster

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2007, 23:14:03 pm »

Yes Martin  Roll Eyes

JG54 Grunherz
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2007, 08:17:33 am »

Hmmm i agree, bugger how they do it ..its a cool as it gets !
flatfire

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2007, 09:11:43 am »

I got it now he got his MOT whilst he was on the M56 i will have to take my car up there next time. Wink

At least we understand what you guys are implying.  Wink To be honest in my mind Pauls car is and was a street car and nothing else. Wink Wink IMHO

We are supposed to be celebrating aircooled performance  Smiley

AutoManics

Race car fabricator - 07780 874435.

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2007, 09:31:30 am »

"We are supposed to be celebrating aircooled performance  Smiley"

That seems to get lost amongst the point scoring lately, very sad.

Type 34 Ghia - 8.92@150mph.

www.automanics.com
too old for this

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2007, 09:34:37 am »

Come on chaps ......It,s not a big knobs contest......props to Russ for running strong numbers first time out,keeps everyone on their toes.Like Richie,he has BIG dollar invested here,and whatever he chooses to race in ,clubman,vwdrc,even outlaws(even with the funny initiation ceremony Wink)lets support,nay  Madam,celebrate another potential low 9,s street car.And on the street legal bits,how many of us can actually say everything works,without Mr Motty turning a leeeetle bit of a blind eye.Keep cool see you in Das.......back to you Big Man  Grin

JG54
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2007, 09:53:47 am »

We are supposed to be celebrating aircooled performance 

hmm bus isnt Russ's water cooled? Thank god his heads are though , not sure how well those heads would be on a long spank on the street  Shocked
I dont care either way myself
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 09:55:56 am by 54caldub » Logged
alfie the monster

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2007, 16:22:48 pm »

I concur. Big up to Mr Fellows  Grin

JG54 Grunherz
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2007, 20:24:01 pm »

At least we understand what you guys are implying.  Wink To be honest in my mind Pauls car is and was a street car and nothing else. Wink Wink IMHO

We are supposed to be celebrating aircooled performance  Smiley

Hang on (At least we understand what you guys are implying) no this is what I'm saying. As you do not know me your find that a like to have a joke or two.

I'm with everyone on here any bug that runs into the 9s is dam fast and the work that go into them to.

Back to the topic.

Adele AW

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2007, 12:55:08 pm »

Well done Russ, was good to catch up with you at the weekend Cheesy Your welcome round the Woodbridge Catering Services mobile home anytime Smiley

Martin, Where were you? Talk about large pit space, could of fit 10 cars in there, it ended up being our 'garden'relaxation' area Cheesy

Well done Ritchie also, about time Smiley

I hope to be back out with all you guys next year, its about time, 2 years far too long not driving !! Smiley

Adele

O/FF 621
too old for this

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2007, 19:37:17 pm »

Apparently the rough last run was down to a bent rod Embarrassed

JG54
Pat Garret

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2007, 00:35:57 am »

Martin there's no need to take your car all the way up to Manchester to get a M56 MOT
you can just call Ritchie and get one through the post for £50 but I guess you know that
 Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

It's a bit dodgy though sometimes you pay £50 and get nothing except ripped off  Roll Eyes
james wotton

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2007, 20:20:28 pm »

All I can say is if you need a moody M.O.T then your car is not street legal. Grin

9.91 @ 139.90
outlawflatfour 2010 and 2011 champion.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: