The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 18:28:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350730 Posts in 28581 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  fiat 850 turbo spider crash
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: fiat 850 turbo spider crash  (Read 3534 times)
bullitt

everything as it was at the good old days.

« on: December 03, 2006, 13:29:34 pm »

i saw on the net video of terrible fire crash of tht famous fiat 850 spider.
i thought what that guy felt when seeing his car destroyed.......
try to imagine guys: u are alive and well.......but in a piece of second all your night work of years is gone.........
too bad.......this is nightmare of every old cars enthusiast i think: the crash........
i want to tell a thing ...... friend of fiat 850: i don't know where u live...but i know that there isn't an easier place than Italy (where i live) to find another fiat 850 to rebuild the project....
let me know if u need some help to find another one. i will be happy to help you for what i can do.....
Gregor/DFL

No comment...

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 17:47:07 pm »

...was postet here:

http://media.putfile.com/crash-fontana

...car is destroyed nearly, but fortuanetly driver wasnīt hurt too bad-and thatīs what counts!

1965 black bug with Empi 5s
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 18:26:44 pm »

weird crash, he accelerated after the first hit. i definitely don't know a thing about drag racing, but i think he should have stopped after he lost grip... anyhow, the driver got out quick, but looks pretty beaten up by the look of his legs. and he was not pleased  Shocked

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 20:01:29 pm »

I was there when it happened. Quite a hit. It belongs to Pat McDermott and he's on the CLF as fiatpat. Pat's a pretty tall guy and theres not a lot of room in an 850. His knees got banged up pretty good but he was pretty lucky. The car was built very strongly.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
El Diablo Gris

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 00:49:22 am »

Rick is exactly right.  The car has over 500 wheel HP, and getting out of shape in a hurry is very easy to do witha car with the wheelbase as short as that one.  I'm about the same size as Pat (6'1' - 210 lbs.) and we drove it to debut it at Nick's burgers in 2005 before the Classic rubbing shoulders and our knees bumping the dash the whole way !  WICKED fast car, and one of the most frightening I've ever been in.  The steering broke once Pat hit the first wall, and the floor was so wrinkled around his feet, he couldn't pull his foot off of the accelarator pedal.  The car went in the direction it wanted, with Pat slowly accelerating to about 75MPH head-on into the wall!
A re-build is currently in the works thanks to the support of many racers and fans of the car here in the US.
Mangokid

"Inhale the world", (in memory of MH)

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 14:27:23 pm »

Glad he's ok, but remember guys, one can never be too safe. It goes without saying that below 14 secs a good, strong rollcage is mandatory, and the same goes for helmet and fireproofing both in clothing and fuel-celling.

Keep in mind guys, that there are many of us in the need for speed, or any kind of fun behind the wheel with our humble little cars, but none to loose.

To really know the edge and what lies beyond, one must have passed it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: