The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 18:47:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350730 Posts in 28581 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  original dkp1 bonnet badge on samba
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: original dkp1 bonnet badge on samba  (Read 30137 times)
bullitt

everything as it was at the good old days.

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2006, 19:00:24 pm »

very sad thing someone sold that badge with all its meaning. Cry
very sad if someone would buy and put on a car.
a badge is not a badge, a badge is your honour of being member of a club.....of your being man.
if u sell a badge u sell a piece of your life.....and in my opinion......if a part of your life have 2500 dollars value u are a poor man.....
but u are even more poor if u pretend to buy an honour of club member with only 2500 dollars....
tht what i think......i hope i offended no one. nothing personal.....
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2006, 19:03:17 pm »

i get what you mean, and i agree... (sort of cos) perhaps he really is strapped for cash  Wink

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
spennyp

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2006, 20:08:02 pm »

Come on guys the badge is cool but surely its about the cars from that era rather than the badge from that era....thats what inspires me anyway....

Rare it may be and I agree it should be on a DKP1 car....otherwise its just an expensive trinket

Java Green 64 looker....2387cc
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2006, 20:54:57 pm »

Come on guys the badge is cool but surely its about the cars from that era rather than the badge from that era....thats what inspires me anyway....

Rare it may be and I agree it should be on a DKP1 car....otherwise its just an expensive trinket

definitely, that's why i'd never buy it

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Russell

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2006, 21:43:12 pm »

Well Guys..............

I am offended.

"Posted by: bullitt 
Insert Quote
very sad thing someone sold that badge with all its meaning.
very sad if someone would buy and put on a car.
a badge is not a badge, a badge is your honour of being member of a club.....of your being man.
if u sell a badge u sell a piece of your life.....and in my opinion......if a part of your life have 2500 dollars value u are a poor man.....
but u are even more poor if u pretend to buy an honour of club member "

Bullitt

I would like the badge for Nostaliga reasons it is after all the club that really focused on our hobbie in the begining. I do not want
to pretend to buy an honour of club member ! I would like to have this as a additon to my collection that hopefully i can share with others who also love our hobbie but maybe are less fortunate than me and may never have the chance to see one.

Heres a thought ! With medical expenses being what they are in the states maybe the guy needs the money for himself or for his family !

As you may know i recently aquired Deans lowrys Salt lake flat car and his 100 pts tropy form 1966, this was puchased from his Daughter and Son in law, and the money was being used to try and make Mark have a longer healthier life if possible ! i hope it has because within 2 days on him getting the cash he was at the hospital ! I never collected the car for about 3 weeks after he got home.

So before you judge why someone sells something you should know the facts, and if some one can afford to buy it regardless of the cost so be it.

Im quite sure DKP1 never allowed members in because they had money, it was on there car and their attitude. NO DPK1 member ever would have likely paid $ 2500.00 for there car or the BRMS, but we spend more than this on our engines and paint jobs WHY ? becuase we like it.

Russell

Best Regards

Russell
Roman

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2006, 22:06:41 pm »

If you got the money and you like it I think you should buy it. It is better that it is on a real DKP car than in a drawer someware collecting dust.
Straight Time

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2006, 22:19:35 pm »

Russell, buy it !!! Not many genuine enthusiasts would have the opportunity to , and we all know it would be a genuine enthusiast that will have bought it. Never to be sold again.  Wink Then stick it on the DKP1 CAR AND KICK ASS !!!  Good luck.

No retreat, No surrender !
bullitt

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2006, 22:47:53 pm »

sure russ, do what u want with your money, and i tell what i want, they call  it free world.  Kiss
but don't tell me that behind every ebay auction there is a dying child. i believe tht maybe someone have real problems and i respect them....but nearly one hundred percent of time the health problem is only droolin' for money.....
the very bad thing would be that badge would go on the wrong car......
i didn't consider tht could go on a glass window......and i have to say tht would be better......but......the only thing to consider is to sstay on a dkp car......
if i would be  a dkp member i would try to convince other dkps to buy the badge all togheter..........this thing wuold save situation.

Russell

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2006, 23:36:52 pm »

I agree the wrong car would be bad, but as you say it is a free world. And i also agree about the ebay auction thing.

Unfortunatly there is not a string of DKP1 cars for the badge to go on ! Fitting the badge on a DKP 2 or 3 cars would also be wrong if you like perfection, but what if it was fitted to a replica of a DKP car or fitted to car built with the orignal Cal Look Style at heart would this be wrong ?

I now know of another badge fitted to a non DKP car, but it looks good and the car looks right, does this make it wrong ?

We all copy the history 48's, BRM's, Big Engines, etc

The worst that could happen is that someone makes mass copies and then we all pay 10 euros for a copy and every car has one........

Also if my previous post has offended you. I am truly sorry, I love the cars and love the people that are involved, Im glad we are all different and if i am lucky enought to get the badge, I assure you it will be treasured, I also promise not to use it on the wrong car.

Russell

Best Regards

Russell
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2006, 08:32:31 am »

Yes

Hebman from Houston, Texas, you know him ?

Russell

Know of him, that's about it. Never dealt with him

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
bullitt

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2006, 20:16:18 pm »

don't worry russ, Cheesy Cheesy i am not offended....but i realize tht as u said we are all so different Shocked Shocked!!!!!!! and not only about cars......i see that u nordic guys have a very quiet relaxed way of talkin lol.......here in italy we have different way of talking!!!!! just so firy Cool.......and little cathegoric  Angry....but it's just our way Wink......dunno if it is a nice thing or bad Huh.....maybe depends from each situation Smiley......if u go on our forum on www.maggiolino.it    people want to shot u or punch u down ten times a day...but we are all alive hahahahaha
anyway, russ, i hope we will meet at bug in and have a beer..... Cheesy

my idea is that when you copy a weber ida or a brm wheel you are copying a technical thing that you need to make a car and you are authorized to.....
but when u copy a badge ( and i can bet that dkps are not happy for this and everyone knows) well......this is a different thing and i'm sure that go on explaing is not necessary.

only place where that badge would be good ( as u say no more dkp i cars are alive to put it on) is the room of dkp.

and last thing: as u said this is a very important piece of story, but not story of everbody like 48s, this is a story of few people that at that time wanted to be very exclusive and controlled that people getting in their little big club were only right ones (remember admission tests).   so u cuoldn't buy club entrance in 70s.......the only way was to be accepted, to be cool.
without the club living and judging......to have that badge is no value......
this is my opinion russ..

see u soon at tht bug in....with or without the plate!!!!!!
lowfastbus

WUNDERWAFFE

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2006, 21:07:49 pm »

2nd generation?

http://dragvws.skynetblogs.be
WUNDERWAFFE
The Knuckle Buster
richie

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2006, 21:19:49 pm »

2nd generation?

which car is that on? do you know? cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2006, 21:26:11 pm »

Henri Oelker's '66, Russel Sakatani's '67, Allen Wiess's '67???

Let us know, Richie...!!!

Frank

« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 21:33:06 pm by Frank LUX » Logged

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
richie

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2006, 22:23:37 pm »

all too new,the latest 1 has dkp111 on it and I cant see that on there[hey my eyesight is bad though] cheers richie,uk

lowfastbus

WUNDERWAFFE

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2006, 23:01:56 pm »

Sorry, I have to dissapoint you guys, don't have an idea where it's on...
I thought about Allen Wiess's car too, maybe before the crash?

http://dragvws.skynetblogs.be
WUNDERWAFFE
The Knuckle Buster
Sarge

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2006, 01:56:32 am »

The original hood badge we had made was rather flat and looks almost very dark brown in color...much like Richie's picture.  The latter ones we had produced a year or two ago are domed (like an MG Mitten car badge) and are dark blue in color.  Art Alvarez (DKPI) had the latest badges produced for us.  His supplier made a couple of black badges, too....the rarest of the rare.  I have one of these black badges which I'm donating to Dean Kirsten if he decides to "hole" his hood!  Cool

DKP III
deano

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2006, 07:20:18 am »

I have one of these black badges which I'm donating to Dean Kirsten if he decides to "hole" his hood! Cool

Sarge, I will drill whatever holes are needed for that badge! Hell, I have shaved, filled, welded, patched every dang hole, slot, thread, grille, you can think of already. I just need a pattern for those two badge holes. We're getting close to paint..... Old School all the way! Deano

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
richie

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2006, 11:43:49 am »

The original hood badge we had made was rather flat and looks almost very dark brown in color...much like Richie's picture.  The latter ones we had produced a year or two ago are domed (like an MG Mitten car badge) and are dark blue in color.  Art Alvarez (DKPI) had the latest badges produced for us.  His supplier made a couple of black badges, too....the rarest of the rare.  I have one of these black badges which I'm donating to Dean Kirsten if he decides to "hole" his hood!  Cool

Hi Sarge,did the latest ones not have dkp111 on them then? was that just my imagination?dam I am getting past it Smiley  cheers richie,uk

Sarge

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2006, 17:37:53 pm »

Hi Sarge,did the latest ones not have dkp111 on them then? was that just my imagination?dam I am getting past it Smiley  cheers richie,uk

Hey Richie...No DKPIII badge that I know of.  The only other one we haven't discussed yet is the badge DKP II had made.  Dave Mason has one of these on the hood of his car that he bought years ago from Ron Greiner (Dave Greiner's brother) for $100.  I think Doug Mische has one of these on his 67 as well.  Wish I had a pic for you...it's a cool piece!

Deano...I will "try" to remember to bring your badge to work tomorrow...give me a call to make sure I remembered!

DKP III
Rune
SCC Crew

Screwdrivers #7

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2006, 18:37:03 pm »

Found these two pics on my computer..
Frank LUX

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2006, 18:46:05 pm »

Hey Richie...No DKPIII badge that I know of.  The only other one we haven't discussed yet is the badge DKP II had made.  Dave Mason has one of these on the hood of his car that he bought years ago from Ron Greiner (Dave Greiner's brother) for $100.  I think Doug Mische has one of these on his 67 as well.  Wish I had a pic for you...it's a cool piece!

Deano...I will "try" to remember to bring your badge to work tomorrow...give me a call to make sure I remembered!

Here Ya go Sarge... Wink

Frank

1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
Sarge

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2006, 19:15:18 pm »

Thank's, Frank!  I can see a digital camara in my near future...LOL!  That DAS badge is VERY NICE, too!

DKP III
Turtle001

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2006, 19:19:04 pm »

sweet! from what time area is that last one?

swedish '59er in a winter sleep
http://turtle.skynetblogs.be
Frank LUX

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2006, 19:19:56 pm »

Thank's, Frank!  I can see a digital camara in my near future...LOL!  That DAS badge is VERY NICE, too!

Thanxs Sarge,

The DAS Bagde is an Old Badge the Germans Received when they took Insurance from DAS...

Our Club does not have Bonnet Badges like DKP, but the one from the Insurance company that i have is cool because it does not have any other Writings on it, like they normally have and it's exactly the sice of a VW Badge, due to the Flashlight the Blue Color is alot Lighter than in Reallity... Wink

Frank
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 19:28:02 pm by Frank LUX » Logged

Frank LUX

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2006, 19:22:53 pm »

Welcome to Dean Kirsten! We are lucky to have another veteran from Golden Era to sit in with us here!

Jim

More Old Guys... Tongue Wink Grin Grin Grin

Frank

Frank LUX

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2006, 19:24:23 pm »

More DAS Badges... Wink

Frank

Turtle001

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2006, 19:24:36 pm »

watch out -- or this forum will become a place for old people  Wink hahah

Turtle001

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2006, 19:26:40 pm »

nice DAS badges frank -- i sold a NOS one not that long ago - i specially like the french one -- you don't see 'm often

WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2006, 06:55:52 am »

I have one of these black badges which I'm donating to Dean Kirsten if he decides to "hole" his hood! Cool

Sarge, I will drill whatever holes are needed for that badge! Hell, I have shaved, filled, welded, patched every dang hole, slot, thread, grille, you can think of already. I just need a pattern for those two badge holes. We're getting close to paint..... Old School all the way! Deano
Lucky! I had to get mine the old fashion way. Grin Grin

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: