The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 15:03:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350729 Posts in 28581 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  door hinge fix/replacement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: door hinge fix/replacement  (Read 2057 times)
Larry S

« on: March 27, 2016, 13:42:30 pm »

Hey everyone, I wasn't sure where to post this question so I put it here.....I have been working on my oval and the doors have issues with the hinges. I have installed new oversize pins in the drivers door but the bottom hinge rivots are cracking away from the door. The passenger door hinges are completely froze, I did put the heat to them and was able to open it enough so I could remove the door. I have tried heat, penetrant, and using an air chisel trying to drive the pin out but with no luck.
My questions are, do I drill the rivets out and replace the whole hinge? I have heard that you can bolt new hinges on but I like the idea of welding them better. I have looked on the internet and not really found much info besides just replacing the pins.
I would appreciate any and all help!

Thank you!

Larry
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 13:47:44 pm by Larry S » Logged

Plan your work, work your plan, with precision and excellence.
kev d

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 07:39:42 am »

Hi Larry,
I removed the hinges on one of my 56's doors so I could repair the door skin, I've used countersunk stainless Allen screws with washers & nyloc nuts to re fit the hinges. Worked great Cool
Cheers
Kev

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
vwhelmot

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 10:14:34 am »

Have you tried using a door hinge pin removal tool?  I'm sure that would work.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: