The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 14:38:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  Any happenings 16th - 22nd January in SoCal?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any happenings 16th - 22nd January in SoCal?  (Read 5054 times)
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« on: January 07, 2008, 18:32:55 pm »

as it says, any cruises, meets , shows between these dates? Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
richie

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 19:26:52 pm »

From Mike lawless on CLF

:This from the Famoso Raceway Forum...

CalSpeed & Performance grand opening Jan 19th. This is actually my one year anniversary of my business but we are doing our new shop locations grand opening Jan 19th, 2008.

As part of our grand opening we have rented Famoso dragstrip the following day Jan 20th (Sunday) and are putting on a private track test day from 9am-5pm.

SATURDAY:
We are putting on a BBQ, free dyno pulls for cars registered for the Famoso rental, come by and have some food/drinks and check out our new location @ 8534 Golden State Hwy, Bakersfield, CA, 93308 in our brand new 3000+ sq ft shop.
Bring down your ride and we are doing photos of dozens of customers cars at the shop and hoping to have a great get together. Everyone is welcome to attend.
We specialize in late model EFI performance including: LS1, LT1, 5.0 / 4.6 / 5.4 modular performance, Diesel performance and we additionally do anything/everything for older small block / big block applications of any brand.

Custom rearend / transmission / suspension / turbo kit / fabrication. You name it, we probably do it.

**NEW* We just acquired a brand new in ground 1500 rwhp chassis dyno. Custom tuning for all carb, EFI of almost any application. We do custom chip burning for all late model fords and reflash PCM for any late model GM / Pontiac. Custom programming for Duramax /  Powerstroke / Cummings. Dyno Rates run from $60 for single pulls to $125/hr for custom tuning and rental. We have half day and full date discounted rates as well.

JANUARY 20TH PRIVATE TRACK RENTAL INFO:
 This is going to be a no-corners cut - FULL track prep, track crew staffed. This is intended mainly for street/street-race type vehicles. All domestic / no imports. We would prefer most vehicles to be on a slick/dot or drag radial for keeping track conditions the best possible.

ALL Registration is PRE-REGISTERED / PREPAID entries. We will not be accepting payments at the gate. All racers will be on a list with a confirmation # from 1-100 and will have to show ID at the gate.

All entrants will receive a CalSpeed & Performance T-shirt (Submit size with payment), Decals and shop flyer at the gate as well!
This event is limited to 100 total cars - 75 full day and 25 half day.

COST:
Full Day 9am - 5pm $100
 Partial Day 1:30PM - 5pm $50

All entries & spectators get a free meal ticket for a soda/burger and chips!

All spectators are only $5. The free meal ticket is worth that alone, so its like getting in free!

From my experience of these type of events, some cars hot lapping  have the potential to get 30+ passes if so desired. Most wait times are 15 minutes or less per pass and no long staging lanes.

If you wish to pay by mail or in person. Please email the shop @ LSInnovations@Gmail.com. Total will be $100 or $50 for partial day

If you wish to register by paypal please send paypal payment of $103 (Full Day) or $52 (Partial day) to LSInnovations@Gmail.com

You do not need to confirm or contact me to register. Sending your payment will get you on the list and I will send confirmation to your email with your entrant number (1 through 100).

With your payment please give your full contact info of your NAME / MAKE&MODEL VEHICLE AND PHONE NUMBER.

For mail payments send to:
CalSpeed & Performance 8534 Golden State Hwy, Bakersfield, CA, 93308. You can send paypal payment to:
LSInnovations@Gmail.com

****NOTE**** With this being the winter season. If the event is rained out or cancelled due to weather conditions, there is a 15% non-refundable fee that Famoso Raceway collects to cover their  personnel, ambulance & safety crew costs for the event. If the event is *PRE* cancelled due to weather (showing the forecast to guarantee a rainout etc..) then the event is going to be *MOVED* to Sun Jan 27th with no fees or problems. There are no refunds or cancellations on any prepayments. Any driver may pre-substitute or sell their registered spot to another racer if they cannot attend or have other reasons. To do this, please email me and I will change the name for the new entrant.

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 23:22:10 pm »

cheers Richie, that's what I'm after, are you going? Smiley

any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

YMCA
richie

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 07:52:13 am »

Looks like it,spoke to Pete about it and hes up for it,,have to see if the other elders want a day out as well Wink
Will PM you my phone number for when you get intown,cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Bernard Newbury

9.50 @ 141 MPH

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 00:45:52 am »

Looks like it,spoke to Pete about it and hes up for it,,have to see if the other elders want a day out as well Wink
Will PM you my phone number for when you get intown,cheers richie

I think we are up for it

Before you jump, check the depth.
team97
DKK

3M TA3

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 05:24:10 am »

Cars and coffee every saturday morning in Irvine behind the Ford / Mazda design center at the spectrum. Bill, Mason and I head out there as often as we can. You will see everything from our cal-look bugs to cobras to lambos etc. 6:30 am to about 9:30 am, you will not be let down. Glenn

Der Kleiner Panzers III
D.K.K.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 05:34:51 am »

Cars and coffee every saturday morning in Irvine behind the Ford / Mazda design center at the spectrum. Bill, Mason and I head out there as often as we can. You will see everything from our cal-look bugs to cobras to lambos etc. 6:30 am to about 9:30 am, you will not be let down. Glenn

Of course you squids NEVER call me even though I only live 3 miles from there  Wink

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 10:54:29 am »

that sounds good to me, going to check out the drags in irwindale on thursday night too. Grin

YMCA
team97
DKK

3M TA3

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 18:00:44 pm »

Of course you squids NEVER call me even though I only live 3 miles from there  Wink

Rick, send me a e-mail with your phone number and I'll call ya. Last saturday was a blow out. BMW showed up with a hundred or so cars (3200 2-door and 4-door, M-1's, some GT-1 and GT-2 race cars). I was there at 6:30 and just made it into the lot before they closed it.

here are some pics from a couple of weeks ago.

http://public.fotki.com/wackydave/cruise_nights/cruise-nights-2007/12-29-07-cars--coffee/

Der Kleiner Panzers III
D.K.K.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 18:22:19 pm »

PM Sent... I like the Sahara beige 356 with the alloys.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 15:34:40 pm »

or.................me,bernie,carol,richie webb,pete englezos,dave dinning and grant have headed to vegas to watch some nhra top fuel testing for the weekend   Grin

this place is amazing Grin

YMCA
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 14:01:11 pm »

was an awesome weekend Grin

YMCA
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: