The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 22:59:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350739 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Civilizing a Cal Looker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Civilizing a Cal Looker  (Read 23349 times)
Bryan67

« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2023, 05:58:04 am »

Did you buy that direct from Dynamat?

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
Iryanu

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2023, 12:33:54 pm »

Yes sir

https://www.dynamatstore.com/index.php?l=search_list&s[title]=Y&s[short_desc]=Y&s[full_desc]=Y&s[sku]=Y&s[match]=all&s[cid]=0&s[search]=beetle
Bryan67

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2023, 01:30:13 am »

Yes sir

https://www.dynamatstore.com/index.php?l=search_list&s[title]=Y&s[short_desc]=Y&s[full_desc]=Y&s[sku]=Y&s[match]=all&s[cid]=0&s[search]=beetle

Thanks for that. Pricey for sure, But you get what you pay for.

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
andrewlandon67

« Reply #63 on: Today at 22:58:23 »

In preparation for a trip I'm taking later this month, I spent a weekend working on getting my '67 to be a nicer place to sit, starting with some engine compartment cleanup and insulation.

The Gene Berg breather is a nice piece and it's very convenient to top off the oil compared to the stock filler, plus it's less in the way of getting to the back of the fan shroud. The insulation is also nice, between hiding wires and giving the spiky little bastard tabs something to do, my engine bay is almost a nice place to work.

The new Sidewinder from A-1 is a good compromise between the crisp bark of the cheap Empi "phat boy" muffler I'd been running for the last year or so and the duller muffled thump of the older dynamax I'd had on for years, plus getting rid of the traction bar has made a significant difference in cabin noise and after this summer I'll be able to get some properly nice 1 5/8" heater boxes for it. Next week is working on the interior, replacing some old carpet up front and adding some sound deadening.

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

My car is what it is, maybe not Cal Look per the books, but it's more than most.

"Walking Softly and Carrying a Big Fucking Stick" - Zach G.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: