The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:31:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350783 Posts in 28591 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  1972 Fastback for sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1972 Fastback for sale  (Read 1842 times)
stretch

« on: May 01, 2016, 18:57:40 pm »

For sale, 1972 Type 3 Fastback. Car is MOT'd until 8th October 2016 and is tax exempt.

Car is in good condition. Bodywork & paintwork are great, however, being a RHD british Type 3 it has had patches of welding in the past. These have been done to MOT standard.

The car comes with a standard 1600cc type 3 set up, i.e. twin single choke carbs, type 3 style cooling set up. The motor is good, pulls strongly, doesn't smoke, starts reliably, etc.

Since i've owned it I have replaced the front brakes with refurbished calipers, new pads, new flexi-hoses, etc. The rears have had new slave cylinders, shoes & flexi-hoses. I also lowered the front and replaced the shocks with KYB versions and replaced the ball joints, the ride for a lowered vehicle is great, it's certainly better then my beetle. I've fitted SSP 2.0 Litre wheels with 155/165 tyres (original wheels will also be included). The engine had a full service less than 100 miles ago.

There are a few bad points (aren't there always).

The front seats need to be re-upholstered & re-covered. I do have a box of genuine black basket weave material that will be enough to cover the seats & will be included with the car. There are no door cards on the driver & passenger doors although I have a replacement for the drivers side. The upside is without the door cards fitted you can see how good the door bottoms are.

Viewings & test drives, etc are no problem. Car is located in South Wales (approx. 10 miles from Cardiff). I can supply detailed pics of any areas needed. The car isn't perfect, but, it's a nice driving, decent looking aircooled VW.

Price is £3650 ono.

Might part ex for something interesting (cash either way).

Graham White

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 14:12:39 pm »

Free bump for a lovely fasty 👍
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: